R40 release delayed?!

greyfriar

It's been dispatched!!! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0005.gif

Congrats man. I'll check out my local record store tomorrow, and I hope they'll have it. :)

• Like 2

Got my copy waiting for me later at local store; postponed releasing date here in Europe now it's bloody clashing with promised restarurant evening with my wife.

Can't simulate stomach ache and then having an orgy of crisps and beer in front of the screen....

• Like 4

It's been dispatched!!! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0005.gif

Still didn't arrive on release day :LOL:

Better have it by tomorrow *grrrrrr*

This is really weird... I've bought a copy today and the disc won't load / play :facepalm: on a dvd player and neither on my Mac :banghead:

And no, it's not a blue ray disc :LOL:

Have you examined the disc to see if it looks dusty or scratched at all? Sometimes a tiny nick or speck of dust is all it takes to have play issues.

Is your dvd player getting up there in years? Maybe time for a replacement? Or perhaps splurge for blu-ray? ;)

Is the whole concert on one disc? If so, that's a lot of content for a dvd. Some players have trouble loading discs that are packed near capacity. I have the blu-ray, so less worries with those.

Bummer you had to wait even longer in addition to the release delay.

• Like 1

This is really weird... I've bought a copy today and the disc won't load / play :facepalm: on a dvd player and neither on my Mac :banghead:

Have you examined the disc to see if it looks dusty or scratched at all? Sometimes a tiny nick or speck of dust is all it takes to have play issues.

Is your dvd player getting up there in years? Maybe time for a replacement? Or perhaps splurge for blu-ray? ;)

Is the whole concert on one disc? If so, that's a lot of content for a dvd. Some players have trouble loading discs that are packed near capacity. I have the blu-ray, so less worries with those.

Bummer you had to wait even longer in addition to the release delay.

I know there were problems with regional formats so you might want to double check and make sure it's the right one for your player.

• Like 1

Eeeek, the worst! I hope you can get it figured out!

• Like 1

At least a good chunk of it will leak on Youtube by the end of the weekend

Almost every rush show DVD leaks eventually.......and really doesn't go anywhere.

Mick

That damn loyal fanbase that still buys the crap anyways...

I'm just buying it for the souvenir flashlight. :LOL:

yep, I've got 2. It's all about the flashlight!

Thanks for all your support :cheers:

It's not a regional issue. I've checked the package. It's a Dutch disc.

It's not an old dvd player or Mac either ;)

It's probably a faultly disc.

Oh well, I'll be going back to the store I got it from later today. It'll be busy there however because it's 'Sinterklaas' (https://en.wikipedia...iki/Sinterklaas) over here in Holland today :(

• Like 3

It's just arrived :yay: So I'll be gone for the next several hours :hi:

Cool. Mine hasn't yet, bummer. What region is it?

I can't spot it written anywhere on the packaging or disc :huh: but it works in my region 2 DVD player :yes:
  • Like 1

I can't spot it written anywhere on the packaging or disc :huh: but it works in my region 2 DVD player :yes:

You mean it's multi region?

You mean it's multi region?

I don't. know about that. The last live DVD actually said "Region 0" on the box...this one doesn't say anything. All I know is it works

However, I just checked amazon uk, and it says it's region 2 on there

Oh well, I'll be going back to the store I got it from later today. It'll be busy there however because it's 'Sinterklaas' (https://en.wikipedia...iki/Sinterklaas) over here in Holland today :(

That's interesting. I didn't realize it was a separate thing from Christmas over there.

• Like 1

Happy St. Nicholas Day! Our friends down the street growing up had Dutch parents. Their mom was really good friends with my mom, and my mom was like, "Nell is so sweet. She always has her kids put out their shoes on Dec. 5th so she can put St. Nicholas treats in them. She's the best." We would be like, "Mom, you can do that too, you know . . . " but of course my parents are not Dutch. :) When my mom was little, Santa brought EVERYTHING Christmas Eve, even the tree and decorations, so she thought it was a big deal just getting our tree up like on dec. 20th! :D

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

No problems here with the Bluray. :rush:

Ready for the second spin in a few minutes.

The beer is cold and the smoke is hot... :hail: :smoke:

• Like 4

I'll probably be taking it round to show my brother later today. He just recently acquired a taste for Rush earlier this year, and his favourite songs are Jacob's Ladder and Xanadu :ebert:
  • Like 1

Happy St. Nicholas Day! Our friends down the street growing up had Dutch parents. Their mom was really good friends with my mom, and my mom was like, "Nell is so sweet. She always has her kids put out their shoes on Dec. 5th so she can put St. Nicholas treats in them. She's the best." We would be like, "Mom, you can do that too, you know . . . " but of course my parents are not Dutch. :) When my mom was little, Santa brought EVERYTHING Christmas Eve, even the tree and decorations, so she thought it was a big deal just getting our tree up like on dec. 20th! :D

Yes this is a special tradition for really young children over here. I remember putting out my shoe each night for about two weeks before Sinterklaas eve. The sheer excitement of receiving a small gift or treats like 'pepernoten' / 'taaitaai' / marzipan / 'a chocoladeletter' or a piece of fruit like a tangerine in your shoe the next morning together with the arrival of the gifts on 12/5 was the best feeling in the world when I was a young kid. So yesterday felt a bit like that again when I bought myself a Blue Ray player for my Blue Ray disc :D

• Like 1

Yes this is a special tradition for really young children over here. I remember putting out my shoe each night for about two weeks before Sinterklaas eve. The sheer excitement of receiving a small gift or treats like 'pepernoten' / 'taaitaai' / marzipan / 'a chocoladeletter' or a piece of fruit like a tangerine in your shoe the next morning together with the arrival of the gifts on 12/5 was the best feeling in the world when I was a young kid. So yesterday felt a bit like that again when I bought myself a Blue Ray player for my Blue Ray disc :D

How fun! I thought about doing the same thing and then just got the regular DVD. It was very tempting for this big release, though!

• Like 1

How fun! I thought about doing the same thing and then just got the regular DVD. It was very tempting for this big release, though!

I'm really glad I've got the Blue Ray version. The video looks super crisp and the audio is great as well :)

• Like 1