New PC ??

Disembodied Spirit

A little help form the PC experts please, old PC is dying a slow death...5 years old

I need to get a new PC for the home office. This PC is used generally for Music/Photo storage, paying the bills, web surfing, email, etc.

Office applications are vital, no video editing, no photoshopping....

Movies/TV are not watched on this PC

Games are not played on this PC.

I found a sale coming up for 2 different PC's, and here is the difference.

Item A- 1-TB Hard Drive/ Intel 4th Generation Core i5/ 2.9 GHZ processor/ 8GB Memory/ 6MB Cache/ 6 USB ports/Windows 10

Item B- 2 TB Hard Drive/Intel 4th Generation Core i7/ 4.0 GHZ processor/ 8GB Memory/ 8MB Cache/ 8 USB ports/ Windows 10

Item 'A' is $150 cheaper than item 'B'

Is it more important for me to have more 'Storage' or a faster processor for the tasks I will be performing?

Thanks guys

Unless you have a massive amount of video or something, you won't fill up a 2TB hard drive. The faster processor won't really noticeably help you with what you do as well, IMO. 8 USB ports is the definition of unnecessary.

I'd say save the cash.

Unless you have a massive amount of video or something, you won't fill up a 2TB hard drive. The faster processor won't really noticeably help you with what you do as well, IMO. 8 USB ports is the definition of unnecessary.

I'd say save the cash.

I agree, for what you need it for, the first one is more than powerful enough. However, if you were to ask me which one sounds like a better deal I'd have to say the second one. The specs on the second one seem quite a bit better for only $150. Edited by snowdogged