RS: Geddy & Alex answer Fan Questions

Union 5-3992

Thank you for posting! How did I miss this? I have thought of a few questions, lol ! :D Very fun to watch, Alex and Geddy are a good interview, as always. Loved the stories about embarrassing moments on stage. I think I have to watch it again; dinner will be late tonight! Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

It's a video? I waited about fifteen minutes for the page to load, and all I got was this:

Days before Rush's new CD/DVD/Blu-ray package, R40 Live, hit stores, singer-bassist Geddy Lee and guitarist Alex Lifeson stopped by Rolling Stone headquarters to talk about the new release, and answer questions our readers submitted on Twitter and Facebook. They were happy to field any inquiry, whether it was about their most embarrassing onstage moment, the pronunciation of Neil Peart's last name or their favorite superhero.

Sidebar

Watch Rush Play 'The Spirit of Radio' From 'R40' LP »

Of most interest to Rush fans will be their take on the future of the group as a live act, which right now seems to be firmly in Peart's hands. "Are we going to tour again?" asked Geddy Lee. "That's the question that I'd like to know myself."

That said, they're not closing the door on recording new music together. "We don't have any immediate plans for that," says Lee. "Right now we're on holiday. I hope once the new year rolls around and the juices get flowing and we get hungry again we can talk about that." Does that mean the band is definitely not done? "Not in my mind," said Lee. "But I can't speak for everyone."

Check out the video hear a lot more from Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson.

It's a video? I waited about fifteen minutes for the page to load, and all I got was this:

Days before Rush's new CD/DVD/Blu-ray package, R40 Live, hit stores, singer-bassist Geddy Lee and guitarist Alex Lifeson stopped by Rolling Stone headquarters to talk about the new release, and answer questions our readers submitted on Twitter and Facebook. They were happy to field any inquiry, whether it was about their most embarrassing onstage moment, the pronunciation of Neil Peart's last name or their favorite superhero.

Sidebar

Of most interest to Rush fans will be their take on the future of the group as a live act, which right now seems to be firmly in Peart's hands. "Are we going to tour again?" asked Geddy Lee. "That's the question that I'd like to know myself."

That said, they're not closing the door on recording new music together. "We don't have any immediate plans for that," says Lee. "Right now we're on holiday. I hope once the new year rolls around and the juices get flowing and we get hungry again we can talk about that." Does that mean the band is definitely not done? "Not in my mind," said Lee. "But I can't speak for everyone."

Click the image.

• Like 1

It's starting to feel like geddy is pressuring Neil through these interviews with the way he answers the touring questions. Guilt trip.

I'm willing to bet Neil never even watches it. There's at least a decent chance he'll never know or care this video even exists.

It's starting to feel like geddy is pressuring Neil through these interviews with the way he answers the touring questions. Guilt trip.

I had a similar post typed up this morning and decided not to post it.

I've been getting that impression too. I think that the two of them, more so Geddy, really want to go back out on the road, and I do think that they are trying to get Neil to go too. Neil must have left the door open a bit though for them to be doing this. Or else they're just annoyed at him.

I also get the impression that Geddy is the most bothered by all of this.

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet Neil never even watches it. There's at least a decent chance he'll never know or care this video even exists.

Another way of saying it is that it feels like a small window into a rift between them that is bigger than we think.

I've been getting that impression too. I think that the two of them, more so Geddy, really want to go back out on the road, and I do think that they are trying to get Neil to go too. Neil must have left the door open a bit though for them to be doing this. Or else they're just annoyed at him.

Could be. But I just think he is trying to answer the question as honestly as possible. Maybe he's just annoyed that people keep asking the same question.

• Like 4

Sidebar

Click the image.

On account of my dial-up, I can't watch videos. That's why I asked if the interview was on a video.

Edited by Lorraine

Could be. But I just think he is trying to answer the question as honestly as possible. Maybe he's just annoyed that people keep asking the same question.

I'm only going by the Alex interview I read on Saturday and a few other things that have come through the past few weeks. I can't watch the interview, so I don't know how he looked, or Alex looked, when answering the questions.