NFL sucks this year

HemiBeers

With 21 teams out of 32 that are at or below .500 at this point, the entire league just sucks this year. This is not what parity was about. There's only 8 teams worthy of being playoff teams and 2 of those, Denver and Green Bay, are starting to tank.

I'm using my time on Sunday afternoons for things that are more productive than watching 3 hours games, filled with commercials half the time, between suck-ass teams.

• Like 3

Funny you post this... I head to my parents house every afternoon game the Packers play. They live 2 miles away, so it's a very short drive and I am often pretty much the only person on the road. Most people are at home, watching the game - it's kinda cool to see. This weekend, there were tons of people on the roads.
  • Like 2

Yeah and last year when a team with a 7-9 record can get in the playoffs before a team that has a .500 or better record is ludicrous. What's next a 4-12 team making it in. Maybe they should have a playoff to get in the regular season. Oh I shouldn't hope for that my team would never make it to the regular season :LOL:

There have actually been a lot of exciting finishes this year, hell - this week alone you had the Ravens lose to the Jags right at the end, the Packers almost pulling out a win against Det and the Pats with a hell of a finish.
  • Like 1

Funny you post this... I head to my parents house every afternoon game the Packers play. They live 2 miles away, so it's a very short drive and I am often pretty much the only person on the road. Most people are at home, watching the game - it's kinda cool to see. This weekend, there were tons of people on the roads.

So wait, the Packers lose three games and the fans give up?

We'll see how you handle four.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

Yeah, I was kinda surprised too. Even the booing during the game is something not often heard. Rodgers looked terrible, throwing at receiver's feet, over their heads, out of bounds. I dunno if it's the play calling or not, but it seems the QB doesn't trust his receivers or they don't trust him.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

That is a huge game coming up and they will be on the road....a place where the Packers have not faired well. I'll take the Vikings at home in the Confidence Pool.

That is a huge game coming up and they will be on the road....a place where the Packers have not faired well. I'll take the Vikings at home in the Confidence Pool.

Unless the Packers get things figured out quickly, the team that played against the Lions will not have a chance of winning... only saving grace is it's not in the Dome.

Unless the Packers get things figured out quickly, the team that played against the Lions will not have a chance of winning... only saving grace is it's not in the Dome.

That might help but they better figure out a way to stop one of the leagues top rusher in Adrian Peterson.

That might help but they better figure out a way to stop one of the leagues top rusher in Adrian Peterson.

Actually, the run D has been decent... at times. After giving up 141 to Forte, they held Lynch to 41 yards and Charles to 49 and SF to 77 total rushing yards. Then gave up 159 to Gurley only to bounce back and SD 52 total rushing yards. Det only had 32 yards total rushing. If the D can get up for the challenge, it could be a good game if the O figures their shit out.

Things will sort themselves out once teams can get through the Gazillion injuries teams are facing this year. Those teams that can deal with them the best will fair well come playoff time.

:D

I say that line ALL the time at work when my coworkers don't show up to work. That said I miss the old days of the NFL but I can also remember back when the Patriots were the abyss of the NFL as well. :D

• Like 2

Actually, the run D has been decent... at times. After giving up 141 to Forte, they held Lynch to 41 yards and Charles to 49 and SF to 77 total rushing yards. Then gave up 159 to Gurley only to bounce back and SD 52 total rushing yards. Det only had 32 yards total rushing. If the D can get up for the challenge, it could be a good game if the O figures their shit out.

I don't know how bad the Rams run defense is, but Langford was running them over yesterday, with Forte out.

I say that line ALL the time at work when my coworkers don't show up to work. That said I miss the old days of the NFL but I can also remember back when the Patriots were the abyss of the NFL as well. :D

:LOL:

Yeah,

I need to think of this with some of the people I work with. :D

There have actually been a lot of exciting finishes this year, hell - this week alone you had the Ravens lose to the Jags right at the end, the Packers almost pulling out a win against Det and the Pats with a hell of a finish.

Ravens/Jags - a couple of two win teams battle it out for the king of suckville...yeah I want to watch that.

Packers/Lions - let's see which team is more inept and trys to give the game away.

Pats/Giants - the only game I've seen this year that was worth the time.

Yep, NFL still sucks.

Ravens/Jags - a couple of two win teams battle it out for the king of suckville...yeah I want to watch that.

Packers/Lions - let's see which team is more inept and trys to give the game away.

Pats/Giants - the only game I've seen this year that was worth the time.

Yep, NFL still sucks.

I didn't say the games were great, I said they had good finishes....

It was a Milwaukee game, right?

Throw a baby on the field!

• Like 2

With 21 teams out of 32 that are at or below .500 at this point, the entire league just sucks this year. This is not what parity was about. There's only 8 teams worthy of being playoff teams and 2 of those, Denver and Green Bay, are starting to tank.

I'm using my time on Sunday afternoons for things that are more productive than watching 3 hours games, filled with commercials half the time, between suck-ass teams.

I agree. As a Raider it really pisses me off. I thought they were on the right track and now they suck.

Do I really have to watch Tom Brady win another Superbowl?

VOMIT!

• Like 1