Picard Irresponsible Cowboy

JohnRogers

It has bothered me often that we are led to forget aboot the families aboard Enterprise D. Otherwise Picard makes many dangerous, bad decisions unnecessarily putting children at risk.

I guess I never thought of it that way. As well defended as the Enterprise was and better than being away from their loved ones for years on end.

This is actually something my daughter has brought up many many times before!

This is actually a very old discussion that was debated back when TNG first aired.

Putting non military personnel on city ships in deep space four years at a time and not expecting them to have families is unreasonable.

Think of Picard more as the mayor of a reasonably sized city that Floyd through the frontier of space. In that context, I don't find his actions unreasonable. He always safeguarded the lives of his ship and crew.

• Like 1

Putting non military personnel on city ships in deep space four years at a time and not expecting them to have families is unreasonable.

Think of Picard more as the mayor of a reasonably sized city that Floyd through the frontier of space. In that context, I don't find his actions unreasonable. He always safeguarded the lives of his ship and crew.

Plus most of their missions were not that dangerous directly to the ship. Especially if you take The Borg or Q out of the equation.

You guys must have watched a different show than I did. They were in constant peril. Hell, Wesley got sentenced to death for walking in the grass.

If they weren't in peril from hostile alien species, they were getting attacked by their own malfunctioning holodeck, or Data would go berserk, or his asshole brother Lor would show up........

CONSTANT peril! :doh: :doh:

99.7% of episodes involve "shields up", 72.4% involve firing phasers or photon torpedoes. There was enough peril for the kids to stay home. Many times Picard made decisions that had me thinking the writers forgot there were kids onboard.