Sirius Town Hall this Friday

Laurabw

Anyone get in for the Sirius Town Hall event on Friday in NYC? I did!

Couldn't believe it, I never get picked for anything.

• Like 5

Anyone get in for the Sirius Town Hall event on Friday in NYC? I did!

Couldn't believe it, I never get picked for anything.

Ooooh, have fun!! Ask Geddy and Alex what names they post under on The Rush Forum ! :P

• Like 2

Laura, come back and tell us all about it.

I will! I wish Neil was going to be there too....but of course pigs would fly first!

• Like 2

I will! I wish Neil was going to be there too....but of course pigs would fly first!

Maybe he will make a surprise appearance. You never know.

Where is it being held in NYC?

One can only hope. Anyway, it's at the Sirius studios, 1221 6th Avenue (48th St). Starts at 1, is over by 2, they said. In case anyone wants to loiter outside the building!!

One can only hope. Anyway, it's at the Sirius studios, 1221 6th Avenue (48th St). Starts at 1, is over by 2, they said. In case anyone wants to loiter outside the building!!

I wish I could be there or I'd definitely loiter. I'll be a few hundred miles away from there, unfortunately. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Haha, there's a 2112 in the address! :)

I'm trying to picture where it is. You don't happen to know what it was called before Sirius Studios, do you?

oh my gosh, you're right!! Awesome!

No, no idea. Oh,I just looked at the thing, it's in the McGraw-Hill building.

• Like 1

What time is this being aired??

Good question, I can't find it anywhere

I have heard a few of their town halls; I always had the impression they are live because of the audience questions but now I'm thinking they are not. I haven't seen anything about it either. I wonder if it will undergo editing to fit their exact time slot and then show up next week or something to fit in with the R40 Live video release????

Edited by blueschica

I didn't record it, didn't think to. Duh. But it was awesome. As the winners, we got to sit in the studio with them, I was in the front row, literally two feet from Alex and four feet from Geddy. I got to ask them a question I'd submitted, about if the R40 setlist was influenced at all by the fans. My question was third. There was about 25 of us in the studio and then our guests were on the bleachers right outside the studio. It's very small.

Michael Moore talked way too much, that was annoying. But Alex was very funny. Geddy too. You'll hear it all in the interview. We got to do a Meet and Greet photo afterwards, and it was interesting, again, Alex was very nice but Geddy was kinda cool when he shook my hand. Maybe by then he was bored, who knows.

Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 3

I didn't record it, didn't think to. Duh. But it was awesome. As the winners, we got to sit in the studio with them, I was in the front row, literally two feet from Alex and four feet from Geddy. I got to ask them a question I'd submitted, about if the R40 setlist was influenced at all by the fans. My question was third. There was about 25 of us in the studio and then our guests were on the bleachers right outside the studio. It's very small.

Michael Moore talked way too much, that was annoying. But Alex was very funny. Geddy too. You'll hear it all in the interview. We got to do a Meet and Greet photo afterwards, and it was interesting, again, Alex was very nice but Geddy was kinda cool when he shook my hand. Maybe by then he was bored, who knows.

That's awesome. Can you post the picture here?

Two feet from Alex? I think I would have passed out. :wub: :LOL:

• Like 2

When I can figure out how to get the picture on here, you can see! I just was, in awe. I could see his magic arthritic fingers, poor guy, and the callouses on his palms. And he was very funny. They both were really. And you can see how close they are. OH!! I FORGOT....Jonathan Dinklage was there!! And also Alex's wife, he pointed her out, that was pretty cool.
  • Like 2

When I can figure out how to get the picture on here, you can see! I just was, in awe. I could see his magic arthritic fingers, poor guy, and the callouses on his palms. And he was very funny. They both were really. And you can see how close they are. OH!! I FORGOT....Jonathan Dinklage was there!! And also Alex's wife, he pointed her out, that was pretty cool.

You have to post it online somewhere. Like Photobucket or similar and get the link.

It was a once in a lifetime experience. I hope you can listen to the interview, it was really cool, lots of different topics were covered. They even talked about marriage, that was when Alex said his wife was there.
  • Like 4

https://www.facebook...77&l=92e1f989bf

(I cropped out MIchael Moore)

Thank you for posting the link! That must have been a really cool day. 5 or 6 years ago my sister and or husband and I used to take the train to NYC for the day and have a day out. I briefly thought of entering, but I couldn't think of any good questions! Looks like an awesome experience for you and your friend!