Jump to content


Sirius Town Hall this Friday


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:01 PM

Anyone get in for the Sirius Town Hall event on Friday in NYC? I did!

Couldn't believe it, I never get picked for anything.

Sponsored Post

#2 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5828 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 11 November 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

Anyone get in for the Sirius Town Hall event on Friday in NYC? I did!

Couldn't believe it, I never get picked for anything.

Ooooh, have fun!!  Ask Geddy and Alex what names they post  under on The Rush Forum ! :P

#3 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42092 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:48 PM

Laura, come back and tell us all about it.

#4 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostLorraine, on 11 November 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Laura, come back and tell us all about it.

I will! I wish Neil was going to be there too....but of course pigs would fly first!

#5 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42092 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 11 November 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 11 November 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Laura, come back and tell us all about it.

I will! I wish Neil was going to be there too....but of course pigs would fly first!

Maybe he will make a surprise appearance.  You never know.  

Where is it being held in NYC?

#6 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:29 PM

View PostLorraine, on 11 November 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostLaurabw, on 11 November 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 11 November 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Laura, come back and tell us all about it.

I will! I wish Neil was going to be there too....but of course pigs would fly first!

Maybe he will make a surprise appearance.  You never know.  

Where is it being held in NYC?

One can only hope. Anyway, it's at the Sirius studios, 1221 6th Avenue (48th St). Starts at 1, is over by 2, they said. In case anyone wants to loiter outside the building!!

#7 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1703 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 11 November 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 11 November 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostLaurabw, on 11 November 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 11 November 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Laura, come back and tell us all about it.

I will! I wish Neil was going to be there too....but of course pigs would fly first!

Maybe he will make a surprise appearance.  You never know.  

Where is it being held in NYC?

One can only hope. Anyway, it's at the Sirius studios, 1221 6th Avenue (48th St). Starts at 1, is over by 2, they said. In case anyone wants to loiter outside the building!!

I wish I could be there or I'd definitely loiter. I'll be a few hundred miles away from there, unfortunately. Enjoy!

#8 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42092 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 11 November 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 11 November 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostLaurabw, on 11 November 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 11 November 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Laura, come back and tell us all about it.

I will! I wish Neil was going to be there too....but of course pigs would fly first!

Maybe he will make a surprise appearance.  You never know.  

Where is it being held in NYC?

One can only hope. Anyway, it's at the Sirius studios, 1221 6th Avenue (48th St). Starts at 1, is over by 2, they said. In case anyone wants to loiter outside the building!!

Haha, there's a 2112 in the address!  :)

I'm trying to picture where it is.  You don't happen to know what it was called before Sirius Studios, do you?

#9 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:07 PM

oh my gosh, you're right!!  Awesome!

No, no idea. Oh,I just looked at the thing, it's in the McGraw-Hill building.

#10 apetersvt

apetersvt

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3426 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Richmond, VA
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:40 AM

What time is this being aired??

#11 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 21057 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:48 AM

View Postapetersvt, on 13 November 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

What time is this being aired??
Good question, I can't find it anywhere

#12 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5828 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 13 November 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

View Postapetersvt, on 13 November 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

What time is this being aired??
Good question, I can't find it anywhere

I have heard a few of their town halls; I always had the impression they are live because of the audience questions but now I'm thinking they are not.  I haven't seen anything about it either.  I wonder if it will undergo editing to fit their exact time slot and then show up next week or something to fit in with the R40 Live video release????

Edited by blueschica, 13 November 2015 - 11:37 AM.


#13 Jomboni

Jomboni

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 532 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

Apparently it is airing on November 25th at 6 PM, with several repeats afterwards!
http://www.rushisaba...n-New-York-City

#14 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3885 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:11 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 11 November 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

Anyone get in for the Sirius Town Hall event on Friday in NYC? I did!

Couldn't believe it, I never get picked for anything.

Congratulations!

Hope you recorded it.

#15 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:58 AM

I didn't record it, didn't think to. Duh. But it was awesome. As the winners, we got to sit in the studio with them, I was in the front row, literally two feet from Alex and four feet from Geddy. I got to ask them a question I'd submitted, about if the R40 setlist was influenced at all by the fans. My question was third. There was about 25 of us in the studio and then our guests were on the bleachers right outside the studio. It's very small.

Michael Moore talked way too much, that was annoying. But Alex was very funny. Geddy too. You'll hear it all in the interview. We got to do a Meet and Greet photo afterwards, and it was interesting, again, Alex was very nice but Geddy was kinda cool when he shook my hand. Maybe by then he was bored, who knows.

Edited by Laurabw, 16 November 2015 - 12:01 PM.


#16 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21752 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 16 November 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

I didn't record it, didn't think to. Duh. But it was awesome. As the winners, we got to sit in the studio with them, I was in the front row, literally two feet from Alex and four feet from Geddy. I got to ask them a question I'd submitted, about if the R40 setlist was influenced at all by the fans. My question was third. There was about 25 of us in the studio and then our guests were on the bleachers right outside the studio. It's very small.

Michael Moore talked way too much, that was annoying. But Alex was very funny. Geddy too. You'll hear it all in the interview. We got to do a Meet and Greet photo afterwards, and it was interesting, again, Alex was very nice but Geddy was kinda cool when he shook my hand. Maybe by then he was bored, who knows.

That's awesome. Can you post the picture here?

#17 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

I am SO trying to but not having any luck!!

#18 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1703 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 16 November 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

I didn't record it, didn't think to. Duh. But it was awesome. As the winners, we got to sit in the studio with them, I was in the front row, literally two feet from Alex and four feet from Geddy. I got to ask them a question I'd submitted, about if the R40 setlist was influenced at all by the fans. My question was third. There was about 25 of us in the studio and then our guests were on the bleachers right outside the studio. It's very small.

Michael Moore talked way too much, that was annoying. But Alex was very funny. Geddy too. You'll hear it all in the interview. We got to do a Meet and Greet photo afterwards, and it was interesting, again, Alex was very nice but Geddy was kinda cool when he shook my hand. Maybe by then he was bored, who knows.

Two feet from Alex? I think I would have passed out. :wub: :lol:

#19 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:20 PM

When I can figure out how to get the picture on here, you can see! I just was, in awe. I could see his magic arthritic fingers, poor guy, and the callouses on his palms. And he was very funny. They both were really. And you can see how close they are. OH!! I FORGOT....Jonathan Dinklage was there!! And also Alex's wife, he pointed her out, that was pretty cool.

#20 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21752 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:22 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 16 November 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

When I can figure out how to get the picture on here, you can see! I just was, in awe. I could see his magic arthritic fingers, poor guy, and the callouses on his palms. And he was very funny. They both were really. And you can see how close they are. OH!! I FORGOT....Jonathan Dinklage was there!! And also Alex's wife, he pointed her out, that was pretty cool.

You have to post it online somewhere. Like Photobucket or similar and get the link.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users