The Prog Era vs The Synth Era

AnEggplant

Which group of albums do you pefer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best?

• Fly By Night, Caress of Steel, 2112, A Farewell To Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures
    • Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire
    • Both album groups are equally good

Voting both.

If that is not an option...

I still vote both.

• Like 1

Remember this is about which era is better overall. I personally like both but I feel that there is more good stuff in the prog era than in the synth era, so I'm going for that. Edited by AnEggplant

I'm a prog era person . . . . . partly a function of when I first got hooked on Rush (prog era, obviously.)

Naps would agree . . . . .miss you, Narps!

What happened to Narps?

• Like 1

I added an option for 'both' now. ;)

I cannot choose between them- so the 'both' option is much appreciated.

I have to have 2112 and Hemispheres just as much as I have to have Grace Under Pressure and Hold Your Fire.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

I added an option for 'both' now. ;)

I cannot choose between them- so the 'both' option is much appreciated.

I have to have 2112 and Hemispheres just as much as I have to have Grace Under Pressure and Hold Your Fire.

No problem. ;)

I'm a prog era person . . . . . partly a function of when I first got hooked on Rush (prog era, obviously.)

What happened to Narps?

He posted at the end of October that he is taking some time off from TRF for awhile. . . hope everything is going well for him!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

What happened to Narps?

He posted at the end of October that he is taking some time off from TRF for awhile. . . hope everything is going well for him!

I wondered what happened to him. I noticed his account looked closed. If it was just taking time off I wouldn't think he would do that.

Any time a thread title includes the word "best" it's never going to end well. There is no such thing. It's just subjective.

I know it's subjective, what I was trying to find is which one is more popular on this forum, that's all.

Any time a thread title includes the word "best" it's never going to end well. There is no such thing. It's just subjective.

I know it's subjective, what I was trying to find is which one is more popular on this forum, that's all.

I understand that, but people see the word best and it becomes a competition. I would imagine it's pretty evenly divided depending on who's visiting the forum today.

I understand that, but people see the word best and it becomes a competition. I would imagine it's pretty evenly divided depending on who's visiting the forum today.

Perhaps, but I thought "which blank is best polls" are the main purpose of the Feedback section.

come the f**k on! I'm one of the synth era's biggest defenders, I've been in countless arguments with led and the 50-somethings about the synth era's merits, but the poll was over as soon as I read "hemispheres."
  • Like 3

I suppose I prefer the prog era mainly because I got heavily into prog before I got heavily into RUSH. However, I really do like the synth era and for the eighties at least those albums were often very proggy. In fact I think in some ways you could say that RUSH as well as a few other bands(Marillion comes to mind)carried the prog torch into the eighties and beyond.