Michael Jackson Or Prince?

bluefox4000

Michael Jackson vs. Prince  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

Bon Jovi can't write a song without his cliche dictionary. He never met a cliche he didn't like.

Oh I agree!

I love the cheese factor (sometimes mixed with heart). Bon Jovi are a band I love too much to be a guilty pleasure (but of all the bands I love... They are the worst haha!).

and who the hell our tommy And Gina.

They show up a couple times, lol

Mick

Who? As in, members?

• Like 1

and who the hell our tommy And Gina.

They show up a couple times, lol

Mick

Who? As in, members?

you say you like bon Jovi, lol

Characters that show up in two songs.

Mick

II got that after I posted!

Nothing wrong in recurring characters.

Gawd I am starting to question my own taste now!

I just love the vapid joy I get when I play their music! It's like junk food, I know I shouldn't, but I do. And I love it!

• Like 1

Michael Jackson.

Prince has more good albums and is an immensely talented artist all around, but nostalgia wins here for me. I loved MJ growing up. Moonwalker was so cool...that Smooth Criminal segment! And he turned into a f***ing robot! I don't like much after Off the Wall, Thriller, and Bad, but those albums are enough for me to put him on top. Nothing against Prince though, he's awesome.

• Like 2

Segue and i were Discussing who we thought was better. So I wanted to put it to the forum.

Both giants of the 80's. Myself i go for Prince. he, IMO, Had some of the best albums of the decade. He was a genius to me.

Michael was great. but to my ears really only had Off the Wall and Thriller. Dangerous if i'm Generous.

So who do you like better?

Mick

This is a wonderful poll! I actually like both but PRINCE takes the cake baby! Not only is a brilliant song writer but he truly is one of the greatest guitar players in the world. Glad I saw him once. He blew my mind. Ironically though Sheila E opened up for him and she stole the show!!

• Like 1

Bon Jovi can't write a song without his cliche dictionary. He never met a cliche he didn't like.

:wtf:

Have you ever even HEARD Bad Medicine?

• Like 1

No point. He doesn't like them and nothing will change that. Not even if they wrote they greatest song ever.

Bad Medicine isn't already?

No point. He doesn't like them and nothing will change that. Not even if they wrote they greatest song ever.

• Like 1

Went with prince since he did more. Michael helped a bit with writing but prince is a multi-instrumentalist, composer, arranger, producer. Very overrated as a guitar player IMO but at least he plays it.
  • Like 2

I remember when I was a kid I bought "Thriller" just because of the Eddie Van Halen guitar solo! EPIC!

And me and my friends all felt it was lame

That eddie was playing with mj.

Of course in retrospect we were wrong.

MJ was playing with Eddie?

• Like 1

I remember when I was a kid I bought "Thriller" just because of the Eddie Van Halen guitar solo! EPIC!

And me and my friends all felt it was lame

That eddie was playing with mj.

Of course in retrospect we were wrong.

MJ was playing with Eddie?

Well given the title of the song i suppose you could arrive at that conclusion.

Even though Michael Jackson is probably my longest-standing musical love and there's plenty of home video of young bean dancing to the Bad album, I'm gonna have to go with Prince here. I love them both but Prince strikes me as more musically adventurous. It's not just versatility, though--it's almost like he has some sort of funky Midas touch :LOL:
  • Like 3

Prince. Killer songwriter who covers practically every genre. Killer performer. Killer guitarist.

Michael Jackson had an incredible talent to entertain. And he had some magnificent songs.

Prince did it all by himself. Michael Jackson, even with all his talent, relied on or needed collaborators. God bless, Quincy Jones!

If a tiebreaker is needed, Prince can sit alone behind a piano and perform. Can Michael Jackson?

Prince never stops. Prince wins.

I agree completely

Prince is an accomplished musician, and given time in a studio alone, would create masterpieces

No contest here IMHO

• Like 1