Is SAGA The Red Headed Stepchild Of Canadian Progressive Rock? Rush? Triumph? Wireless? Max Webster? "WIND HIM UP!" Wind Me Up! Tell Me I'm Wrong!

RUSHHEAD666

:bump:

Just listened to In Transit and out of nowhere, tears ran down my cheek. Just unreal.

A few tissues later, I thought that I better check out their tour dates and... BOOOM! In a few weeks, they really play the f***in' smallest clubs and tiny cultural centres, in god-forsaken German villages and small towns! Opening show is a Friday evening at the Mannheim, Maimarktclub, which is only 23 miles from my home. No one can stop me now...

P.S.

Earl...

I'm blesseder and curseder than you'll ever be... signed... Sagacity :smoke:

• Like 1

There are a few SAGA threads on here but I think they need another one.

Probably will hit the back pages of the Rush Forum Music Of The Spheres Section but what the hell!

I think this is one of the greatest bands in the world.

Yeah I know, I say that about hundreds of bands but so be it!

SAGA absolutely RULES!

Do you agree or disagree? Do you care?

Ian seriously is a frigging SHREDDER!

Did SAGA ever open up for RUSH?

Hope someone knows.

I know I am different from a lot of you.

So here it comes, the punchline.

I know that we are "WORLDS APART!"

I never did like Saga Earl. I have to shoot you down on this one. It's OVER mate! I give this thread a WENDY award which brings it way down! :16ton:

• Like 1

:bump:

Just listened to In Transit and out of nowhere, tears ran down my cheek. Just unreal.

A few tissues later, I thought that I better check out their tour dates and... BOOOM! In a few weeks, they really play the f***in' smallest clubs and tiny cultural centres, in god-forsaken German villages and small towns! Opening show is a Friday evening at the Mannheim, Maimarktclub, which is only 23 miles from my home. No one can stop me now...

P.S.

Earl...

I'm blesseder and curseder than you'll ever be... signed... Sagacity :smoke:

Nice! You're a lucky man!

Probably will hit the back pages of the Rush Forum Music Of The Spheres Section but what the hell!

SAGA absolutely RULES!

Hope someone knows.

I never did like Saga Earl. I have to shoot you down on this one. It's OVER mate! I give this thread a WENDY award which brings it way down! :16ton:

Careful where you step.

;)

• Like 2

SAGA absolutely RULES!

Hope someone knows.

Careful where you step.

;)

HAHAHA! This is the second time you have made me crack up buddy! Classic!

I will always be careful were I step going forward when it comes to dating women.

I will never step in SHIT again.

I love Saga. “No Stranger” from “Worlds Apart” is one of my very favorite songs by any band. “A Brief Case” from “In Transit” is one of the best drum solos ever. I got to see them do that solo back in the day and it was awesome.
  • Like 1

Saga was and is vastly under rated, I have everything they ever put out, and sill enjoy the material to this day.

Nice! I'm more of a casual fan and only really learned of them when my German brother-in-law gave me his copy of In Transit. They're great songwriters, if a little on the lighter side rock-wise.
  • Like 1

Really good band, just fantastic!
  • Like 1

I love the drum solo on "In Transit."

SAGA RULES!

:yes:

"A Brief Case" is on youtube, of course. I'll have to dig it up later...

Here it is. Did you know that he actually uses a briefcase?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=redbX2364Rc

A better sounding version:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Saw Saga two days ago and man it was really fantastic. The venue wasn't sold out and therefore it was very easy to make the way up to the front. The crowd was totally on fire and as usual they played all the classics, so lots of sing-along songs were celebrated. After the show the band came out and I had the chance to talk to Michael, Ian and Jim Gilmoure (the poor guy stood outside, besides a truck and got almost no recognition, so I chatted with him for almost an hour - great guy!).

Hope that I can make it to another gig... Saga rules!

• Like 4

Saw Saga two days ago and man it was really fantastic. The venue wasn't sold out and therefore it was very easy to make the way up to the front. The crowd was totally on fire and as usual they played all the classics, so lots of sing-along songs were celebrated. After the show the band came out and I had the chance to talk to Michael, Ian and Jim Gilmoure (the poor guy stood outside, besides a truck and got almost no recognition, so I chatted with him for almost an hour - great guy!).

Cool, man! I'm a bit jealous! :D

• Like 1

SAGA RULES!

I'm sorry Earl but I have to go up against you on this one. You could say I'm on the Wendy Team as far as Saga go! :16ton:

SAGA RULES!

I'm sorry Earl but I have to go up against you on this one. You could say I'm on the Wendy Team as far as Saga go! :16ton:

I know Wendy Jr! You hate STYNX too!!!!!

LUCKY!

SAGA RULES!

SAGA RULES!

:16ton: :16ton: :16ton: :16ton:

• Like 1

SAGA RULES!

SAGA RULES!

:16ton: :16ton: :16ton: :16ton:

LOL!

Come on Pat! All of the Wooden Nickel recordings up to "Pieces Of Eight" are great records!