SNL - Is it time to kill this show?

Xanadu

I don't think I've seen it since the early 80s. Hard to believe it's still around.

Wow, you have missed some brilliant seasons. The 90's were awesome

• Like 4

I don't think I've seen it since the early 80s. Hard to believe it's still around.

Wow, you have missed some brilliant seasons. The 90's were awesome

Yes, the 90's were pretty good, and even into the early part of the new millennium (I am remembering the Bush/Gore skits here) but sometime shortly after that, the creativity started fizzling out (for my liking anyway).

• Like 1

For the most part, the show these days is unwatchable. It's usually just random, stupid skits that are rarely funny or clever. The one thing that annoys me the most is that if a skit or character gets any positive response...they'll keep bringing it back and run it into the ground.

For the most part, the show these days is unwatchable. It's usually just random, stupid skits that are rarely funny or clever. The one thing that annoys me the most is that if a skit or character gets any positive response...they'll keep bringing it back and run it into the ground.

Probably because they don't have much as it is.

They do have some funny stuff here and there but they are few and far between. Plus when I was a kid it was like the shock comedy of the entire TV nation because so much of the subject matter was cutting edge, politically charged and never done on TV before. But now everything has a been there done that feel to it. Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Trump had a couple good moments, but overall it was terrible. It seems to go in cycles.... Not sure how much it appeals to the younger crowd, but I loved the Farley/Carvey/Hartman, etc etc years... and my parents didn't give a crap.

Trump had a couple good moments, but overall it was terrible. It seems to go in cycles.... Not sure how much it appeals to the younger crowd, but I loved the Farley/Carvey/Hartman, etc etc years... and my parents didn't give a crap.

I really enjoyed that era too, and that was at the time when the generation before me was still clinging to the original cast so I don't think they were too welcoming of any change. I understand that, but this group was really funny.

• Like 1

Look at some of the season cast in the graphic... holy shit, I am glad I didn't watch some of those 80s years :LOL:

Yeah, what is going on in season 6?..Emily Prager?..Denny Dillon?..Yvonne Hudson?..Who are these people?!

I do think , since the advent of the internet, SNL has lost any relevance it may have had. It just isnt cool anymore. I dont know anyone who watches it.

If I can quietly admit that I've only ever seen bits and bobs of the odd episode...

Holy mackerel, things went downhill at about season 20.

Chris Katan. ick.

Yeah, and by most accounts, he was a nightmare to work with.

I did not find the Mango character or the Mr. Peepers character funny at all. :huh: