Fly By Night or Caress Of Steel? Which Is Better?

Segue Myles

Which 1975 album is better?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite!

2. 2. How would you rate Fly By Night?

3. 3. How would you rate Caress Of Steel?

Too close...both are 9/10...

CoS by a hair.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

At this moment, I feel like I made a mistake. I love FBN, but aside from the excitement of finally getting its great worth, I still feel CoS is phenomenal, on another level...

Changing my vote haha!

LedRush offer the first 10/10 to CoS!

Didn't take long!

• Like 1

Caress of Steel is vastly underrated by this board, probably because the guitars scare the synth-crew. It remains my favorite album and easily beats out the excellent FBN.
  • Like 5

CoS is vastly overrated by this board. I don't know why. Its ok.

How about in this board?

http://www.saintstephenstl.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/education_board.jpg

Pretty green!

• Like 1

Caress of Steel is vastly underrated by this board, probably because the guitars scare the synth-crew. It remains my favorite album and easily beats out the excellent FBN.

I love the synth era. But the seventies was equally as brilliant.

Rediscovered the joys of seventies Rush this last week!

• Like 3

FBN, simply cause it has more to enjoy. Both aren't favorites of mine, but FBN has their first 10/10 song in By-Tor, along with a few other cool tunes.

Caress of Steel has Fountain of Lamneth but not much else that I'm a fan of. Love the production and the sound, but the songs don't do it for me, unfortunately. 2112 fixed that problem though :haz:

Fly By Night is the first Rush album I ever heard, in 1975. :heart: :heart: I loved the hard rock of Anthem, Beneath, Between and Behind, Best I Can and I love Geddy's voice on Fly By Night; I've always thought Making Memories was underrated as well. At this point in my life I can't separate the music from the memories and it's a big favorite. I was kind of surprised when Ged was on That Metal Show and rated it his least favorite out of the ten albums they put up from the Mercury era.

Big love for CoS as well, especially Bastille Day, Lakeside Park and Fountain of Lamneth; but I'll always like FBN better.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Fly By Night is the first Rush album I ever heard, in 1975. :heart: :heart: I loved the hard rock of Anthem, Beneath, Between and Behind, Best I Can and I love Geddy's voice on Fly By Night; I've always thought Making Memories was underrated as well. At this point in my life I can't separate the music from the memories and it's a big favorite. I was kind of surprised when Ged was on That Metal Show and rated it his least favorite out of the ten albums they put up from the Mercury era.

Big love for CoS as well, especially Bastille Day, Lakeside Park and Fountain of Lamneth; but I'll always like FBN better.

My feelings exactly except I didn't really hear it until around '77.

• Like 1

COS for me.

FBN 8/10

COS 10/10

I'd take COS over any album (except it's pretty much a coin flip for me between that and Hemispheres, but if I had to chose, I'd go with COS).

• Like 2

I like the fact that FBN is getting a lot of love! I need to revisit the debut...Rush seventies era is all of a sudden hitting me hard, and I am talking about crazy seventies Springsteen levels of hardcore devotion, hard...

Must revisit the debut again. And side two of 2112 in isolation.

Absolutely incredible! Currently my fourth favourite seventies album run:

1. Springsteen

2. Yes

3. Kansas

4. Rush

5. Styx

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

My feelings exactly except I didn't really hear it until around '77.

Newbie!

:P

• Like 1

Must revisit the debut again. And side two of 2112 in isolation.

In isolation?

Toto covered some 2112 songs? :eh:

Oh, wait...you said isolation, and not Isolation. My mistake. :blush:

• Like 1