Fly By Night or Caress Of Steel? Which Is Better?

Segue Myles

Which 1975 album is better?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite!

2. 2. How would you rate Fly By Night?

3. 3. How would you rate Caress Of Steel?

Fly By Night is actually pretty good. Anthem, the title track, and By-Tor are highlights. It's a solid 7.

Caress of Steel is just not my cup of tea. Bastille Day is good, and Lakeside Park is growing on me…but I just can't stand the rest of it. FBN is far better.

I give my vote to Caress Of Steel. It got the first masterpiece song on it, The Fountain Of Lamneth.

And I give 7 points to Fly By Night

And I give 10 points to Caress Of Steel

I give my vote to Caress Of Steel. It got the first masterpiece song on it, The Fountain Of Lamneth.

And I give 7 points to Fly By Night

And I give 10 points to Caress Of Steel

I am now at a stage where I think I love Fly By Night enough to put it top five...but yeah, Caress Of Steel is a real masterpiece.

CoS. It's grown on me to become my second favourite Rush album.

I always had a major love for this album though.

Ha I just realised I started this thread!
  • Like 1

Wow! Tough question! Fly By Night and Caress of Steel are both in my Top 5 Rush Albums, and are both from the same time in Rush's career. They are quite similar in many ways. But.... I had to choose Caress of Steel for the following reasons. First of all, it has a lot more "progressive-ness" than Fly By Night. Although Fly By Night started the trend with By-Tor And The Snow Dog, Carress of Steel turned it up to 11 with The Necromancer and The Fountain of Lamneth. Second of all, Caress of Steel has more of a groove to it than Fly By Night. There are many other reasons, but don't forget that I still LOOOOOVE Fly By Night, I just LOOOOOOVE Caress of Steel a tiny bit more. Both albums are rated 10 out of 10.