Grace Under Pressure vs. Power Windows

Segue Myles

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which Album Is Best?

• Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
  2. 2. How Would You Rate Grace Under Pressure?

3. 3. How Would You Rate Power Windows?

Personally, both are AMAZING albums, and although both get a 9/10 rating from me, one is definitely closer to a 10/10 than the other.

For me, Grace Under Pressure.

But when it comes down to it, which of these two albums, the first Rush albums post-Terry Brown, takes home the glory?

Edited by Segue Myles

I prefer Power Windows. It has more optimism to me. I wasn't happy with Grace Under Pressure when it came out because it was so different than Signals which I loved. P/G is a cold album. I like it more now than I did then.
  • Like 2

Power Windows-9

Grace-1........you wouldn't let me go zero.

Mick

Fixed

PoW is.......WINNING???!!!!!!

Wow.

Mick

I think because GUP is a darker than average Rush album, many might find it a bit of a dirge compared to the lushness of PoW. I can't say I am surprised.

I just come from a musical background of Gothic metal, punk rock and eighties hardcore. I still find myself drawn to darker music (although as of the last two years, my tastes have drastically shifted gears).

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Wow.

Mick

I think because GUP is a darker than average Rush album, many might find it a bit of a dirge compared to the lushness of PoW. I can't say I am surprised.

I just come from a musical background of Gothic metal, punk rock and eighties hardcore. I still find myself drawn to darker music (although as of the last two years, my tastes have drastically shifted gears).

i was just shocked at the sudden turning of the tide Grace always get's shot through the roof on TRF.

Mick

• Like 1

Wow.

Mick

i was just shocked at the sudden turning of the tide Grace always get's shot through the roof on TRF.

Mick

Well...I think Marathon gets more love than any single song off GUP. Plus, both are strong so maybe its time for PoW to have its day?!?

Wow.

Mick

Mick

Well...I think Marathon gets more love than any single song off GUP. Plus, both are strong so maybe its time for PoW to have its day?!?

Marathon is the only song I don't like. The lyrics are horrible.

• Like 1

Wow.

Mick

Mick

Marathon is the only song I don't like. The lyrics are horrible.

Aww dude...WE MUST HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON!

After today...I gots doubts regarding Rush!

Best - GUP.

GUP - 8/10

PoW - 4/10

Aww...wow!

PoW, easy. 10/10 as far as I care to rank, which of course makes all the albums I rank above it 10/10s as well, but this is a general rank. If it were just between rush albums, I would probably drop it to 9/10, just for not being quite as awesome as the very top tier of albums.

GuP is an 8/10, though I could be persuaded to give it 9/10. Production kills it; the guy they got in to produce for them barely did any producing relative to admiring and observing the band, leaving Geddy to try his hand at producing while trying to do all of his regular jobs as well. It turned out much colder and deader than anyone really wanted, but most of the material speaks for itself. However, this album easily lacks in groove more than most Rush albums, a lot being played just as straight, pristine, and surgically as it was produced (Most notably Afterimage and Red Sector A, exceptions including DEW and TEW). The album also fails to utilize dynamics very well. It creates a unique and Orwellian atmosphere, but that's not always enjoyable.