Magna Carta Cartel...

greyfriar

...why are they here, because they're here...Roll the Ghosts.

I think this band deserves their own thread.

Adjectives aren't enough to describe what they sound like, so I think the term "hypnopsycheactivemelancholic" is from now on officially invented. :smoke:

Here's an opportunity to dl the album Goodmorning Restrained for free. You the jury.

http://www.soundsofzilence.com/

(scroll down, look left, click)

• Like 4

From what i heard so far , they are unique. That is not easy to say these days. I cant remember all i heard , but the first track was awesome
  • Like 2

Fwiw, this band was available on my deezer app for streaming

Also , finding bands like this make this forum invaluable. Not sure i would have stumbled across them in my world of metal

• Like 2

More infectious melodies from Tobias Forge and Co. Not really a band as much as a project. That's true of GHOST and Subvision as well, I think.

Magna Carta Cartel and Subvision give me most of what GHOST offers, but without the satanic trappings (although being a part of that live experience was great fun - everyone was in on the joke). MCC brings sounds of the 60's and 80's together with a millennial sensibility. If you like the Church, Cure, TalkTalk, you'll probably enjoy Magna Carta Cartel. Besides Goodmorning restrained, check out their demo songs as well.

• Like 2

Listening to Subvision right now. After the solo in Killing Floor, about 2:30 into the song, there is a very interesting key change. Edited by goose
  • Like 1

I put this album on my iPhone because the cd is so hard to find!

I absolutely love this album. Subvision of course is AWESOME!!!

Sorry guys, I saw the pms about this album but I haven't had time to respond!

TOBIAS FORGE IS THE MAN!

FUKK THE HATERS!

I HATE DREAM THEATER! I DON'T CARE WHAT THE WET PANTS DREAM THEATER FANBOIS THINK ABOUT ME!!

I think the song Genesis from Opus Eponymous sounds like it could be a Magna Carta Cartel song. Which makes total sense, since OE came out the year after the MCC album.

I'm listening to this album, yet again!, and wondering what it would take to get the Ghost guys to make another MCC album. I love this!

I'd love for that to happen, and a tour to support it. How about a triple-bill show with Subvision opening for MCC opening for Ghost? That would be good fun.
  • Like 3

I'm listening to this album, yet again!, and wondering what it would take to get the Ghost guys to make another MCC album. I love this!

I'd love for that to happen, and a tour to support it. How about a triple-bill show with Subvision opening for MCC opening for Ghost? That would be good fun.

Yes!

• Like 1

Well, I never heard of MCC before Grey tells me about it. I perceive some Pink Floyd elements added to their own style.

It's all about he atmosphere, all the instruments and the way they guide my ears... I really loved Goodmorning Restrained, all songs.

There's a calm obscurity and beauty. They put their soul into music.

I agree Tobias Forge is an excellent artist. One of a kind. :blah: :guitar: :clap:

• Like 4

Well, I never heard of MCC before Grey tells me about it. I perceive some Pink Floyd elements added to their own style.

It's all about he atmosphere, all the instruments and the way they guide my ears... I really loved Goodmorning Restrained, all songs.

There's a calm obscurity and beauty. They put their soul into music.

I agree Tobias Forge is an excellent artist. One of a kind. :blah: :guitar: :clap:

:goodone:
  • Like 2

Just saw this on the MCC Facebook page: https://www.facebook...gnacartacartel/

We are delighted to do a physical release of MCC [Magna Carta Cartel] releases 'Goodmorning Restrained' and 'Valiant Visions Dawn' on LP and CD. The records will be released 31st of march and can now be preorded from http://freighttrain.se

When you order from Freight Train, you automatically part take in a lottery which will see two lucky winners.. One winner will get a testpress of the 'Goodmorning Restrained' and another winner will get a testpress of 'Valiant Visions Dawn'. All orders up until the 30th of march will be included in this lottery.

There are two limited colors on the first press on each vinyl. Each is printed in 300 copies. There are a total of 500 copies of the first press on black vinyl. First press got a totalt of 1100 vinyls.

The 'Valiant Visions Dawn' EP holds an exclusive track called 'THC' only available on the vinyl version.

Link to THC:

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Wow, that sounds promising and is great news. Thanks for posting goose. :cheers:

I'm pretty sure that I will order a copy of Goodmorning Restrained on vinyl.

• Like 1

Wow, that sounds promising and is great news. Thanks for posting goose. :cheers:

I'm pretty sure that I will order a copy of Goodmorning Restrained on vinyl.

:cheers: