TSOR drum cover at Le Studio

HemiBeers

Interesting...and I'm sure some of you are getting ideas to do the same.
Just a hint, you'll probably want to bring your own generator for anything electric. Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 2

Interesting...and I'm sure some of you are getting ideas to do the same.

Just a hint, you'll probably want to bring your own generator for anything electric.

And with all the windows missing now, you better do it before the snow starts flying. The place will be a real mess come next spring.

• Like 1

A few thoughts....

1) Not entirely sure why anyone would think *posting video evidence of their criminal act of trespassing on the internet* is a good idea. But, okay. I will give him that he does have some bragging rights.

2) The demise of Le Studio saddens me. Not as a studio, per se... I get that times and technology change. But the absolute decay of the building. The lack of attention to it. The sheer not giving a damn.

3) I have said it many times. If I ever win the lottery (which won't happen because I don't play it.... I try to avoid self imposed taxes), I would make two significant purchases: A minor league baseball team and Le Studio. The first would be my "day job". The second would be my "summer home". But, really, the purchase of Le Studio would be for ultimate bragging rights. Some Rush fan would show me his impressive collection of vinyl and I'd be like "cool story, bro. Moving Pictures was recorded in my living room."

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 2

Yeah I get it....trespassing is bad mmm K? But it's well known that the building is wide open all the time. As long as you're not doing damage, no harm no foul.

It would be a little different if you broke into Geddy's house and borrowed his basement studio.

• Like 1

A few thoughts....

1) Not entirely sure why anyone would think *posting video evidence of their criminal act of trespassing on the internet* is a good idea. But, okay. I will give him that he does have some bragging rights.

2) The demise of Le Studio saddens me. Not as a studio, per se... I get that times and technology change. But the absolute decay of the building. The lack of attention to it. The sheer not giving a damn.

3) I have said it many times. If I ever win the lottery (which won't happen because I don't play it.... I try to avoid self imposed taxes), I would make two significant purchases: A minor league baseball team and Le Studio. The first would be my "day job". The second would be my "summer home". But, really, the purchase of Le Studio would be for ultimate bragging rights. Some Rush fan would show me his impressive collection of vinyl and I'd be like "cool story, bro. Moving Pictures was recorded in my living room."

A minor league baseball team and le studio would probably both be money losers. But you're spending your hypothetical lottery winnings, so what the hell.

I really gotta wonder why it hasn't been sold at this point, even for the land. It seems like nice area for development.

It's probably pretty remote, which was the appeal for recording there. The auction price was relatively low and I actually considered checking it out. If it still hasn't sold then it's an interesting opportunity, but renovations will probably cost $$$$$$, or will probably require demolishing what's left. Which is really too bad because the sound of the rooms was what was special about that place.

Trespassing is trespassing. Going inside the structure without permission is wrong. Period. The only legitimate reason for going there is as a prospective buyer.

• Like 1

It's just a building. Surprised it is not a bait shop yet.

It is in the middle of nowhere. A town of 3000 people.

People are wayyyyy to sentimental over it, because there are actual videos from there.

Air Studios in Monserrat is also Gone. - Power Windows

The Manor Studio in England also Gone - Hold Your Fire

The Ridge Farm Studio also Gone - Hold Your Fire < This now is a Wedding Hall . LOL

Edited by Disembodied Spirit
  • Like 1

It's just a building. Surprised it is not a bait shop yet.

It is in the middle of nowhere. A town of 3000 people.

People are wayyyyy to sentimental over it, because there are actual videos from there.

Air Studios in Monserrat is also Gone. - Power Windows

The Manor Studio in England also Gone - Hold Your Fire

The Ridge Farm Studio also Gone - Hold Your Fire < This now is a Wedding Hall . LOL

I believe the studio in upstate New York where they did S&A is also belly up.

Many recording studios are closing everywhere. The former Power Station was just put up for sale. Major recording studios will become very rare not long from now. I imagine many will be used for film and tv production over artist music. The recording industry is in indescribable trouble.
  • Like 1

Many recording studios are closing everywhere. The former Power Station was just put up for sale. Major recording studios will become very rare not long from now. I imagine many will be used for film and tv production over artist music. The recording industry is in indescribable trouble.

When you can record, mix and manipulate sounds on a $400 laptop, what's the point.

The artistry of recording is a dead science. Music fans today have no interest in knowing 'where' the music came from.

Sad but true state of recorded music. Bands record and email their parts to each other for review. Someone big recently said they recorded an entire album while on 2 different continents....Maybe that last Stones song...LOL

As someone with a moderate studio myself as well as an audio professional there are things major studios can provide that I personally cannot. Like a $250,000 recording console and a priceless microphone collection (that I have been lucky enough occasionally to have access to). But yes, by and large these days the end user doesn't experience music in a very personal way at all. When we were younger album releases were a big deal. Now music is incidental. That is really what is sad. Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2
  • Like 1

It's probably pretty remote, which was the appeal for recording there. The auction price was relatively low and I actually considered checking it out. If it still hasn't sold then it's an interesting opportunity, but renovations will probably cost $$$$$$, or will probably require demolishing what's left. Which is really too bad because the sound of the rooms was what was special about that place.

Trespassing is trespassing. Going inside the structure without permission is wrong. Period. The only legitimate reason for going there is as a prospective buyer.

That's the reason I'll use for going inside when I visited last June. I was a prospective buyer just checking the place out. I feel much better now!

• Like 2

Prospective buyers have real estate agents show the property. What agent showed you the property officially?

I agree with Mr JD. We went up there last November and got in too with full intentions to buy it. My wife came who used to work in real estate so we figured we were totally legit!! My band mate brought up his guitar and my partial drum set hoping to get a cell phone recording or set up on the dock in the lake but we didnt want to wear out our welcome.If the cops came we would just say that we were late for our recording session booking and didnt know the place closed...LOL

Childhood dream of visiting that place -fulfilled- What an amazing property ..now I am a LeStudio Junkie - can you tell ?

This was no regular studio .It was a world class recording retreat ahead of its time. The engineers and equiptment such as the SSL and Tridents are highly sought after today. This is the lost gem of the recording industry, and sacred ground for Rush fans. The atmosphere of Morin Heights alligned perfectly time after time to create those albums . There is just something about that place ..RIP

kudos to the guy who did TSOR -

• Like 1

I agree with Mr JD. We went up there last November and got in too with full intentions to buy it. My wife came who used to work in real estate so we figured we were totally legit!! My band mate brought up his guitar and my partial drum set hoping to get a cell phone recording or set up on the dock in the lake but we didnt want to wear out our welcome.If the cops came we would just say that we were late for our recording session booking and didnt know the place closed...LOL

Childhood dream of visiting that place -fulfilled- What an amazing property ..now I am a LeStudio Junkie - can you tell ?

This was no regular studio .It was a world class recording retreat ahead of its time. The engineers and equiptment such as the SSL and Tridents are highly sought after today. This is the lost gem of the recording industry, and sacred ground for Rush fans. The atmosphere of Morin Heights alligned perfectly time after time to create those albums . There is just something about that place ..RIP

kudos to the guy who did TSOR -

The SSL console from LeStudio is now at Tree Sound Studios in Atlanta. Two hours away. I want to visit there too.