Ash vs the Evil Dead

Del_Duio

Guys, I just found out about this being made on Friday night and watched it on Halloween. For a huge Bruce Campbell and Evil Dead fan, this show is AWESOME. It's like everything fans of the movies have been wanting since Army of Darkness.

He had the same car, he had the same chainsaw, he had the same chin!

I guess they couldn't get the rights for Army of Darkness which is why they don't mention how Ash went back into time to fight the deadites, his metal hand, and changed the name of S-Mart for this.

Anybody else see this on Starz?

http://dailygrindhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Ash-vs-Evil-Dead-1024x512.jpg

I've been looking forward to this for months. Unfortunately, none of the UK channels seem interested in showing it :| I'll probably have to wait until the DVD, and have a groovy marathon.

A second season has already been approved

I've been looking forward to this for months. Unfortunately, none of the UK channels seem interested in showing it :| I'll probably have to wait until the DVD, and have a groovy marathon.

utorrent is your friend......allegedly ;-)

I wish I knew about this sooner. I'll have to check this out.

I would think they'd repeat the first episode again this week sometime.

Probably might end up on the SyFy channel...

I know Black Sails is also made by Starz, and the DVD's are released about a week after the season has finished. Hopefully same is true here.

Episode two was on last night. Interesting to see that Lucy Lawless is going to have a bigger role. I guess they're keeping it in the family.

I swear I yelled "OH SHIT!!" when Ash punched the mom in the face hahaha.

And then weirdly enough his sidekick said the same thing a few seconds after.

• Like 1

I don't know what the SyFy channel in the UK allows on the air but there is no way some of the stuff they showed and some of the language used would be allowed by SyFy in the US. I've only seen the first episode but this show's enjoyment would drop significantly if it needed to be edited in order to air it somewhere.

I still need to watch the second episode but I loved the first one. The perfect combination of horror and comedy.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

I thought the 2nd episode was a big letdown.

Well, it wasn't a total letdown but I get what you're saying.

It wasn't anywhere near as good as the first, but still anything with Ash in it nowadays can't really go wrong with me.

It didn't help that this episode was a lot shorter than the first one (30 min vs. 45 IIRC).

Okay now THAT was more like it!!

Episode 3 had Ash summoning a real-deal demon and it looks like it'll be in the next one too.

Cool to see they're branching beyond your run of the mill Deadites.

This thing looks SICK. Imagine wearing this on Halloween?

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,h_720,w_1280/t_mp_quality/e46mbznaczunmc7xdsae/ash-vs-evil-dead-episode-3-books-from-beyond-recap-713098.jpg

Okay now THAT was more like it!!

Episode 3 had Ash summoning a real-deal demon and it looks like it'll be in the next one too.

Cool to see they're branching beyond your run of the mill Deadites.

This thing looks SICK. Imagine wearing this on Halloween?

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,h_720,w_1280/t_mp_quality/e46mbznaczunmc7xdsae/ash-vs-evil-dead-episode-3-books-from-beyond-recap-713098.jpg

My first thought when I saw that was that if I was a kid that would give me nightmares.