Jump to content


Can You Find The Porcupine Inside The Ghost Tree? Steven Wilson Vs. Tobias Forge! Two Geniuses! Pick One!


  • Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Poll: Steven Wilson Vs. Tobias Forge! (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Papa Has The "Blackest Eyes!" But Is Steven Wilson The Man Until "Stars Die?"

  1. STEVEN WILSON (19 votes [86.36%])

    Percentage of vote: 86.36%

  2. TOBIAS FORGE (3 votes [13.64%])

    Percentage of vote: 13.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 85924 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:08 PM

View Postbathory, on 02 November 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 02 November 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 02 November 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

Hey X-1!!!

Guess what rhymes with FOOL???

GHOUL!!!

Tobias Rules!!!

Wilson is old news and a bore!!
I don't get it Earl, does this mean you feel like you have to put all your PT and Wilson albums in storage to make room for your Ghost albums? If not I don't understand what you mean? Can you not listen to both of these guys?

he's just messing with the super-serious porcupine butthole lovers
You mean the ones who want Wilson to get back to Porcupine Tree and dump the solo career?

Sponsored Post

#22 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

    Vapor Trail

  • Validating
  • 18557 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:51 PM

View Postbathory, on 02 November 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

he's just messing with the super-serious porcupine butthole lovers
I like his music and all, but I also find humor in poking fun at the dude and all the devout SW fans who think he can never do wrong and/or can't take a joke when it's appropriate.

#23 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 30958 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:37 AM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 02 November 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 02 November 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

he's just messing with the super-serious porcupine butthole lovers
I like his music and all, but I also find humor in poking fun at the dude and all the devout SW fans who think he can never do wrong and/or can't take a joke when it's appropriate.

SW stands for STAR WARS right?  Steven Wilson is the biggest dork on this Blank Planet.

He needs to "GET A HAIR CUT AND GET A REAL JOB!"

Signed,

George Thorogood

LOL

#24 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 30958 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:39 AM

View Postsullysue, on 02 November 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

Earl... are you kidding? :eh:

Hey Silly Sue!  I knew this thread would draw you out!
No I'm serious!
As much as I love Steven Wilson and all that he has done it's time to pass the torch!

Wilson is boring.  Tiring.  Bland.  Trivial.

He blew his wad with PT.  Nothing can touch that material.  Sorry!!!!!

Time to move on!!!!

FORGE THE FUTURE BABY!

#25 sullysue

sullysue

    Arriving Somewhere...

  • Members *
  • 16037 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 03 November 2015 - 04:39 AM, said:

View Postsullysue, on 02 November 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

Earl... are you kidding? :eh:

Hey Silly Sue!  I knew this thread would draw you out!
No I'm serious!
As much as I love Steven Wilson and all that he has done it's time to pass the torch!

Wilson is boring.  Tiring.  Bland.  Trivial.

He blew his wad with PT.  Nothing can touch that material.  Sorry!!!!!

Time to move on!!!!

FORGE THE FUTURE BABY!

Of course, you know I totally disagree, Earl. ;)

Besides, I saw Ghost open on the Heritage/Hunter tour, and I thought they were too gimmicky with too little substance. I just thought it was kind of juvenile.  If I want some Skeletor-looking priest singing to me about doom and gloom, I'll go to church. And, his robed minions had on jeans and sensible shoes under their robes. It would have been more convincing if they were, like, naked under there and barefoot, or wearing Jesus sandals. But, that said, I haven't sat down and listened to any of their music. That was only my first impression of them.

#26 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 16345 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:08 AM

Steven Wilson.......Easy.  Ghost from what i've heard is enjoyable but the lyrics and schtick seems like it could wear quick.

Wilson is a master.

Mick

#27 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 80751 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:09 AM

I'm going to either get a smack or my tail pulled, but I've never heard of Tobias Forge.





:ph34r:






:outtahere:

#28 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 17825 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:15 AM

View PostBabycat, on 03 November 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

I'm going to either get a smack or my tail pulled, but I've never heard of Tobias Forge.


:ph34r:


:outtahere:

Think of him as Casper, the Friendly Ghost.

#29 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 17825 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:33 AM

I have actually never heard a note of Ghost, either, so I can't make any judgement.

#30 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 101103 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostCyclonus X-1, on 02 November 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

I don't see any geniuses in the options.  But I'm definitely going with Steven Wilson over the other fool.

:lol:

#31 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 101103 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:09 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 03 November 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

Steven Wilson.......Easy.  Ghost from what i've heard is enjoyable but the lyrics and schtick seems like it could wear quick.

Wilson is a master.

Mick

My thoughts (almost) exactly

#32 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 80751 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostBlue J, on 03 November 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 03 November 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

I'm going to either get a smack or my tail pulled, but I've never heard of Tobias Forge.


:ph34r:


:outtahere:

Think of him as Casper, the Friendly Ghost.

I've heard of him.

#33 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 101103 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:04 PM

I've only listened to Ghost while I've listened to all of SW/PT, so my judgement may be unfair... But even comparing any given two SW/PT albums to the two Ghost albums, I find SW/PT to be superior.

This is because Ghost adheres to a certain style while Steven Wilson explores, and, while doing so, does a fine job at it most of the time

I'll take Grace for Drowning & Fear of a Blank Planet over Infestissumam & Meliora
I'll also take Up the Downstair & Stupid Dream over Infestissumam & Meliora
I might not take On the Sunday of Life... & Hand. Cannot. Erase. over Infestissumam & Meliora
...But I think I've made my point.

#34 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

    The Dad Abides

  • Members
  • 10313 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostBlue J, on 03 November 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

I have actually never heard a note of Ghost, either, so I can't make any judgement.

I've listened to their new album almost three times straight thru. I barely remember any of it.

#35 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

    The Dad Abides

  • Members
  • 10313 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 03 November 2015 - 04:39 AM, said:

View Postsullysue, on 02 November 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

Earl... are you kidding? :eh:

Hey Silly Sue!  I knew this thread would draw you out!
No I'm serious!
As much as I love Steven Wilson and all that he has done it's time to pass the torch!

Wilson is boring.  Tiring.  Bland.  Trivial.

He blew his wad with PT.  Nothing can touch that material.  Sorry!!!!!

Time to move on!!!!

FORGE THE FUTURE BABY!

The Raven is better than any PT album aside from In Absentia IMO.

#36 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 101103 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 03 November 2015 - 04:39 AM, said:

Wilson is boring.  Tiring.  Bland.  Trivial.

He blew his wad with PT.  Nothing can touch that material.  Sorry!!!!!

Time to move on!!!!

Wow. You couldn't be any more wrong.

#37 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 16345 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:38 PM

View PostMr. Not, on 03 November 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 03 November 2015 - 04:39 AM, said:

Wilson is boring.  Tiring.  Bland.  Trivial.

He blew his wad with PT.  Nothing can touch that material.  Sorry!!!!!

Time to move on!!!!

Wow. You couldn't be any more wrong.

Excuse him.......he's turned wrong into an Art form.

I do enjoy ghost.....but man  are they immature from lyrics to stage persona.

but they are a good bit of fun.

to them against wilson though is laughable.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000, 03 November 2015 - 03:39 PM.


#38 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 32839 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Sonata Arctica
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:03 PM

Ghost suck.

All the hype they get makes me even prouder to be a Bon Jovi fan.

Heck, I would take Backstreet Boys or even a nature sounds CD over Ghost.

Ghost are just a bland retread of greater sounds from a bygone era.

And they took an underrated ABBA song and made it something grotesque.

Porcupine Tree? Steve Wilson?

A man of great taste, who sounds different every time I try a new album. Not a single marketing gimmick or trite lyric in sight!

Sorry...Ghost fans have their opinion, but my goodness I HATE THAT BAND SO MUCH! And I have for years now.

Ick.

(Love you Earl :rose: )

#39 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 16345 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:10 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 03 November 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

Ghost suck.

All the hype they get makes me even prouder to be a Bon Jovi fan.

Heck, I would take Backstreet Boys or even a nature sounds CD over Ghost.

Ghost are just a bland retread of greater sounds from a bygone era.

And they took an underrated ABBA song and made it something grotesque.

Porcupine Tree? Steve Wilson?

A man of great taste, who sounds different every time I try a new album. Not a single marketing gimmick or trite lyric in sight!

Sorry...Ghost fans have their opinion, but my goodness I HATE THAT BAND SO MUCH! And I have for years now.

Ick.

(Love you Earl :rose: )

ya know....... I was listening to Ghost.  And........um........why don't you like this.  it has ALL the Segue baits, lol.

1. Hook-y
2. Melodic
3. Big time cheesy.

color me confused, lol

Mick

#40 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 32839 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Sonata Arctica
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:14 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 03 November 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 03 November 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

Ghost suck.

All the hype they get makes me even prouder to be a Bon Jovi fan.

Heck, I would take Backstreet Boys or even a nature sounds CD over Ghost.

Ghost are just a bland retread of greater sounds from a bygone era.

And they took an underrated ABBA song and made it something grotesque.

Porcupine Tree? Steve Wilson?

A man of great taste, who sounds different every time I try a new album. Not a single marketing gimmick or trite lyric in sight!

Sorry...Ghost fans have their opinion, but my goodness I HATE THAT BAND SO MUCH! And I have for years now.

Ick.

(Love you Earl :rose: )

ya know....... I was listening to Ghost.  And........um........why don't you like this.  it has ALL the Segue baits, lol.

1. Hook-y
2. Melodic
3. Big time cheesy.

color me confused, lol

Mick

Vocals.

Satanic edged lyrics (believe me a few other favourite bands of mine have lost my favour due to this).

I hate the covers they do.

I just would rather hurl myself into a bath of acid and towel myself down afterwards with steel wall.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users