NFL expansion

Lost In Xanadu

Is anyone interested in having the NFL add more teams, or expand the season? If they add teams, they don't have to add games, but it will be a great excuse to add a game or two.

I love the lay out right now, 4 teams per division, 4 divisions per conference... the schedule makes sense.

To hell with Goodell

• Like 1

Can't find enough quarterbacks that can handle it now. No on expansion from me but I do expect a team to move to London. More games is also a no from me. Trade off is 1 additional regular season game for 2 less preseason games.
  • Like 4

As an NFL fan on the other side of the pond,and enjoying the Lions/Chiefs game at Wembley,how much support is there for these games away from the States,and is there any chance of a franchise in the UK in the next ten years?
  • Like 1

As an NFL fan on the other side of the pond,and enjoying the Lions/Chiefs game at Wembley,how much support is there for these games away from the States,and is there any chance of a franchise in the UK in the next ten years?

I watch them and appreciate the opportunity for a quadruple header.

There could be an opportunity for a franchise even though it's a logistical nightmare, because of the $$$$$. I don't see it but stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

They're great. Allows us to watch football from 9:30 am to around 11 pm. Don't even have time to mow the lawn anymore. I think a London team is a done deal. No one wants it to be their team though....

• Like 1

I don't think expansion makes the product better. I actually think if a team goes 30 years without even appearing in a Super Bowl, they should be contracted out of the league. If after 30 years you can't put a team together that has enough pride to at least win the conference championship, what's the point of hoodwinking the fans?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

32 teams, all in the USA. It's just fine and dandy the way it is.

• Like 2

I don't think expansion makes the product better. I actually think if a team goes 30 years without even appearing in a Super Bowl, they should be contracted out of the league. If after 30 years you can't put a team together that has enough pride to at least win the conference championship, what's the point of hoodwinking the fans?

That's a bit harsh, IMO, especially given the way teams are these days. No dynasties, free agency, any team can get better (or worse) very quickly. Perhaps if a team doesn't make the playoffs for 20-30 years, then maybe they should be scrutinized.

I've asked the reporters from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel about the quantity of good NFL personnel men, and they agree with me. There is indeed a limited number of good general managers and personnel men. Some teams will suffer years of failure, simply because their front offices just aren't very good.

The Packers were the bums of the league for almost 30 years. They eventually worked out of it, and now they are one of the top organizations. Packer fans were rewarded for their patience.....LOTS of patience.

I think a London team is a done deal. No one wants it to be their team though....

And no team will want any part of a 6 to 9-hour flight (or longer) to London and back. Will the London team want to make that flight 8 times a year or more?

• Like 1

:LMAO:

labt's ass hurts

• Like 1

I think a London team is a done deal. No one wants it to be their team though....

And no team will want any part of a 6 to 9-hour flight (or longer) to London and back. Will the London team want to make that flight 8 times a year or more?

Good points.

Tell you what though they're dead keen over here to have a franchise.

Tottenham Hotspurs,a London based soccer club are moving to an all-purpose stadium in the next three years,and they'll have an artificial pitch available for NFL games as i believe they want to take some games away from Wembley.55,000+ capacity.Ideal for a London based team.

labt's ass hurts

Not really, the NFL would be much more likely to contract a team that has gone 55 season without winning a championship legitimately.

labt's ass hurts

Not really, the NFL would be much more likely to contract a team that has gone 55 season without winning a championship legitimately.

you baby

I went to Wembley last weekend and saw the Jaguars vs Buffaloes.

Was amazing!

• Like 1

labt's ass hurts

The fourth most valuable sports franchise in the world? Of course they would. :wacko:

Expand and realign.

Get Miami the f**k out of the AFC East. Miami should be in the AFC South where they actually are.

Not to mention not seeing the patriots twice a year would be very nice.

Hold on. Brady will be retired before they expand and realign right?..........