BIOS Passwords - I Need Help!

Principled Man

OK, so it turns out that my hard drive has crashed. I have my Dell XPS 8300 in the shop to retreive all my lost files, but the guy says that the hard drive is locked out by a BIOS password.

I have no idea what that password could be. I've never set any kind of password, even with my regular user/administrator account.

I've read that there are default and backdoor passwords to BIOS. Does anyone have info or experience with this?

I don't have much experience with this as I've only done it once when my HD crashed in 2012, but I think it varies with hard drive. You'll probably have to search the Internet to find passwords for that specific drive.

You'll probably have to search the Internet to find passwords for that specific drive.

Yes, that is what I'm doing. Searching high and low online. Tried e-mailing Dell, got no response yet. :doh:

The computer tech guy at PC Solutions succeeded in cracking my BIOS password. My computer has been saved!

New hard drive installed, with all my files saved. Windows 7 re-installed. All is well. :haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 1