Is Neil Peart a Selfish Prick?

Union 5-3992

77 members have voted

1. 1. Is Neil Peart a selfish prick?

Going to my job every day hurts my brain i guess. Still have to go because I'm not a millionaire like some. He's not a selfish prick but he's kind of a dick, isn't he?

I don't think he's a selfish prick. Thoughtless and ungrateful, maybe.

The jury is out. We could well find out the official truth over the next 12 months.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be awesome if he agreed to 30 more dates and they still skipped Eurpoe? Japan, Australia, Canada and the U.S. European travel ban because of ISIS. No one gets in or out...

You are a git! :LOL:

Actually NO, they're not. They're going out on Neil's terms & time frame, and no one else's. Literally, no one else's.

FOH Lights....I've read your contributions to this post with a lot of interest. But my main question is -- assuming everything your saying is accurate -- why now? Neil has made his dislike for touring pretty well known for about 30 of the last 40 years. So what kept him going this long, and why is he finally putting his foot down now, knowing that the other guys still want to keep going?

If he really is "holding the organization hostage" for years as you've said, I'm kinda wondering what else they would have done that he said "no" to. Looking at it objectively, the 2007-15 period is as busy as they've been since the 80's.

Actually NO, they're not. They're going out on Neil's terms & time frame, and no one else's. Literally, no one else's.

FOH Lights....I've read your contributions to this post with a lot of interest. But my main question is -- assuming everything your saying is accurate -- why now? Neil has made his dislike for touring pretty well known for about 30 of the last 40 years. So what kept him going this long, and why is he finally putting his foot down now, knowing that the other guys still want to keep going?

If he really is "holding the organization hostage" for years as you've said, I'm kinda wondering what else they would have done that he said "no" to. Looking at it objectively, the 2007-15 period is as busy as they've been since the 80's.

Well he did buy an Aston Martin recently and they aren't cheap...

We built him, we can knock him down. He's nuthin' without us.

What did Neil Peart ever do for us? We banged them drums, we wrote those lyrics, he just turned up.

We can rebuild him. We have the technology....

• Like 2

Can someone please just lock this thread?

It should have been shut down after the initial post.

• Like 3

I've written thousands of threads and many have ripped them apart over almost ten years.

Who cares!

This thread title is hilarious. It's very Troll Like to suck people in. I don't even know the truth though because I didn't read this thread.

Just going off of the OP thread title.

I used to think Neil was a prick but man NO FUKKING WAY!

He is humble, charming, witty, smart, loving, nerdy and adorable!

I WILL LOVE HIM UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!

Yeah I know I'm a broken record.

So what!

I'm the real deal. I will stand by my words.

"Different Strings"

Can someone please just lock this thread?

It should have been shut down after the initial post.

It's been nothing but one big argument that got run into the ground and went nowhere.

Anyone who thinks Neil is a "selfish prick" just because he may want to retire seriously needs to get a life. At the ripe old age of 63, being one of the hardest hitting and most physical drummers in history has got to take a serious toll, and after all the years he and the boys have dedicated to making us fans happy, I think he's earned the right to not live out the rest of his life in unnecessary pain. Besides, it's unlikely that there's no new music or shows forthcoming. It sounds more like it's the long, exhausting tours that we may have seen the last of, but even that's not etched in stone!

Lastly, after the tragedy that befell him with his first family in 1997, he's been blessed with a second chance and a new family, and

anyone who doesn't want to give him their blessing in all this is most certainly the "selfish prick" in this conversation!

• Like 2

I highly doubt any of the posters calling Neil out as a prick would have the courage to honestly tell him to his face. This thread brings the whole forum down to a gutter level and just needs to die off. And that's saying a lot coming from me with my reputation.
  • Like 1