How do I destroy a hard drive?

blueschica

Smash it to bits. If you don't have the strength to do that, find someone who does.

Or, you can drop in a river. Or another large body of water. :)

Seal the pieces in a block of concrete and bury it in the forest under cover of darkness ...for the truly paranoid.

http://youtu.be/Fi26vFwoPvw

Ahahahaha! The new neighbors already look sideways at us when we set fire to our tent caterpillars and yellow jackets. Burying things in the yard would be awesome. . . .

It is legal to buy and possess human bones. I would love to buy a human skull and bury it in the yard for future homeowners to find.

Okay, maybe I have a macabre sense of humour!

• Like 1

Smash it to bits. If you don't have the strength to do that, find someone who does.

Seal the pieces in a block of concrete and bury it in the forest under cover of darkness ...for the truly paranoid.

Ahahahaha! The new neighbors already look sideways at us when we set fire to our tent caterpillars and yellow jackets. Burying things in the yard would be awesome. . . .

It is legal to buy and possess human bones. I would love to buy a human skull and bury it in the yard for future homeowners to find.

Okay, maybe I have a macabre sense of humour!

I hope so, I'm the proud owner of an entire human skeleton

• Like 2

Oh no no no, don't dump it in a river. All kinds of nasty chemicals and metals released into the water.

I guess the consensus from the forum is that they can't wait to bust some computer stuff.

I'm not an environmentalist. :)

• Like 2

First, gain the hard drive's trust. Then, get its social security number and ruin its credit rating. Then stab it in the back by stealing its partner. This will lead to a downward spiral and it will become totally and utterly destroyed.
  • Like 3

First, gain the hard drive's trust. Then, get its social security number and ruin its credit rating. Then stab it in the back by stealing its partner. This will lead to a downward spiral and it will become totally and utterly destroyed.

:LOL:

Bwa ha ha I love it! :P

• Like 1

Ahahahaha! The new neighbors already look sideways at us when we set fire to our tent caterpillars and yellow jackets.

:eh:

Sometimes malathion just isn't sufficient...

http://i.imgur.com/yP6agFr.png

• Like 1

Too funny! "Burning rag on a stick" sounds just like my husband's set up! If you see "House burns down in Central PA from tent caterpillars" you'll know it's us. Fortunately, the season is over (and I paid a landscaper to truly cut out all the offending branches so hopefully none next year. . .)

• Like 1

I use a power drill when they crash. 2 or 3 holes, and even the fracking NSA can't recover anything.

That is what I have done in the past.

I call Henry, Jimmy and Tommy...they know where to bury things

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/goodfellas_zps4jstsvjc.jpg

• Like 1

I need these. My computer's hard drive took a crap today, so I'm having the old drive files put on my new computer. Then I'm going to drag out the heavy duty electric drill and start punching holes in this sucker
  • Like 1

I need these. My computer's hard drive took a crap today, so I'm having the old drive files put on my new computer. Then I'm going to drag out the heavy duty electric drill and start punching holes in this sucker

It's the only way to be sure.

It's the only way to be sure.

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit.

• Like 1

Just hit it with something heavy until it's physically deformed. There are programs that will scrub the data off but a large hammer is quicker. If you can take it apart and hit the actual platters, even better.
  • Like 1