Closer to the Heart

Disk98

I think Rush has already released too much. I mean, RTB was fine. JL was kinda sucky (as awesome as it was) because I was really looking forward to seeing it in the context of the rest of the live album. CTTH now, too? Is the whole freaking album going to be on YouTube before I buy it? What's the point?

I think Rush has already released too much. I mean, RTB was fine. JL was kinda sucky (as awesome as it was) because I was really looking forward to seeing it in the context of the rest of the live album. CTTH now, too? Is the whole freaking album going to be on YouTube before I buy it? What's the point?

Your comments are funny because most people would be thrilled to get several songs available via YouTube. Even if they did release the whole album on YT so what? That's not going to stop the people who want to actually own it (like me!) from buying it.

• Like 1

Your comments are funny because most people would be thrilled to get several songs available via YouTube. Even if they did release the whole album on YT so what? That's not going to stop the people who want to actually own it (like me!) from buying it.

You can find every live video Rush has ever released on Youtube now. Still won't beat the BluRay quality

Why do you watch the videos then if you don´t like it? Just wait until you buy the bluray. I think it´s great that the official Rush channel is releasing videos!

Thou I hate it when other people are uploading official stuff with Rush on youtube. Then people don´t buy their stuff as much. I never watch Rush stuff if its not on Rush own channel. Unless it´s non-official stuff like bootlegs and audience filming, then I can watch that.

They should have kept the mistakes in the guitar solo to make it realistic. That's my only problem with it.

I wonder if a thread has been started about this topic. I kind of don't mind the "illusion" that the editors create that something is completely live, even when everybody knows or can find out exactly what has been altered or re-recorded. When I watch a live DVD, I have no trouble buying into the illusion. I don't know if I could enjoy the experience as much over and over again if I had to hear the same mistake each time. The mistake happened, but . . . if the live DVD is a kind of representation of the band at its best, that's okay with me.

• Like 3

They should have kept the mistakes in the guitar solo to make it realistic. That's my only problem with it.

I wonder if a thread has been started about this topic. I kind of don't mind the "illusion" that the editors create that something is completely live, even when everybody knows or can find out exactly what has been altered or re-recorded. When I watch a live DVD, I have no trouble buying into the illusion. I don't know if I could enjoy the experience as much over and over again if I had to hear the same mistake each time. The mistake happened, but . . . if the live DVD is a kind of representation of the band at its best, that's okay with me.

Personally I would rather have the permanent representation recording be as perfect as they can make it without being obnoxious about it. I would also focus on a mistake if it was obvious.

• Like 1

Personally I would rather have the permanent representation recording be as perfect as they can make it without being obnoxious about it. I would also focus on a mistake if it was obvious.

Somewhere in between Eagles Live and Clockwork Angels Live works for me.

wow i agree with you about something, incredible! ;)

• Like 1

If you suffer a debilitating disease on Nov. 19, at least you will have heard what is already released!

I'm no expert with audio/visual things, and i know a lot of people have gone off on clockwork bluray audio, but the video on that release was really bad. I have no idea what happened. The video on snakes and TMT were very good and its great that they captured this tour well since they went all out with the onstage production. Would have been terrible if it looked like the clockwork release.