Jump to content


Closer to the Heart


16 replies to this topic

#1 Disk98

Disk98

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3926 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:New York Yankees
     electronics
    bass guitar
    piano

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:03 AM



Thoughts, anyone?

Sponsored Post

#2 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4652 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:36 AM

This is going to be the best live album Rush has ever released.  I love Neils face, when Alex is facing him, near the end of the song.

#3 Disk98

Disk98

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3926 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:New York Yankees
     electronics
    bass guitar
    piano

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:45 AM

I think Rush has already released too much.  I mean, RTB was fine.  JL was kinda sucky (as awesome as it was) because I was really looking forward to seeing it in the context of the rest of the live album.  CTTH now, too?  Is the whole freaking album going to be on YouTube before I buy it?  What's the point?

#4 Bigbobby10

Bigbobby10

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2877 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:51 AM

This was already posted, but it was so amazing i don't care if it was posted 10 times.

I am reall excited for the dvd especially after this

#5 x1yyz

x1yyz

    The Shark Whisperer

  • Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oakland, CA
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:53 AM

View PostDisk98, on 23 October 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

I think Rush has already released too much.  I mean, RTB was fine.  JL was kinda sucky (as awesome as it was) because I was really looking forward to seeing it in the context of the rest of the live album.  CTTH now, too?  Is the whole freaking album going to be on YouTube before I buy it?  What's the point?

Your comments are funny because most people would be thrilled to get several songs available via YouTube.  Even if they did release the whole album on YT so what?  That's not going to stop the people who want to actually own it (like me!) from buying it.

#6 Relayer2112

Relayer2112

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 470 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:20 AM

They should have kept the mistakes in the guitar solo to make it realistic.  That's my only problem with it.

#7 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 21099 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:22 AM

View Postx1yyz, on 23 October 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

View PostDisk98, on 23 October 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

I think Rush has already released too much.  I mean, RTB was fine.  JL was kinda sucky (as awesome as it was) because I was really looking forward to seeing it in the context of the rest of the live album.  CTTH now, too?  Is the whole freaking album going to be on YouTube before I buy it?  What's the point?

Your comments are funny because most people would be thrilled to get several songs available via YouTube.  Even if they did release the whole album on YT so what?  That's not going to stop the people who want to actually own it (like me!) from buying it.
You can find every live video Rush has ever released on Youtube now. Still won't beat the BluRay quality

#8 BowlCity

BowlCity

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 10245 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:26 AM

Pretty okay. Much better than TMT, not as good as Rio. Just a tired song, really.

But Alex and Neil hamming it up towards the end :rfl:

#9 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

    Vapor Trail

  • Members *
  • 18664 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sweden
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostDisk98, on 23 October 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

I think Rush has already released too much.  I mean, RTB was fine.  JL was kinda sucky (as awesome as it was) because I was really looking forward to seeing it in the context of the rest of the live album.  CTTH now, too?  Is the whole freaking album going to be on YouTube before I buy it?  What's the point?

Why do you watch the videos then if you don´t like it? Just wait until you buy the bluray. I think it´s great that the official Rush channel is releasing videos!

Thou I hate it when other people are uploading official stuff with Rush on youtube. Then people don´t buy their stuff as much. I never watch Rush stuff if its not on Rush own channel. Unless it´s non-official stuff like bootlegs and audience filming, then I can watch that.

#10 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5900 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostRelayer2112, on 23 October 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

They should have kept the mistakes in the guitar solo to make it realistic.  That's my only problem with it.

I wonder if a thread has been started about this topic.  I kind of don't mind the "illusion" that the editors create that something is completely live, even when everybody knows or can find out exactly what has been altered or re-recorded.  When I watch a live DVD, I have no trouble buying into the illusion.  I don't know if I could enjoy the experience as much over and over again if I had to hear the same mistake each time.  The mistake happened, but . . . if the live DVD is a kind of representation of the band at its best, that's okay with me.

#11 puffyshirt

puffyshirt

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 176 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver, BC

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:30 PM

For what it's worth, you can definitely hear when Neil dropped a stick at around 2:22. So it's not completely glossed over ;)

#12 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:41 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 23 October 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

View PostRelayer2112, on 23 October 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

They should have kept the mistakes in the guitar solo to make it realistic.  That's my only problem with it.

I wonder if a thread has been started about this topic.  I kind of don't mind the "illusion" that the editors create that something is completely live, even when everybody knows or can find out exactly what has been altered or re-recorded.  When I watch a live DVD, I have no trouble buying into the illusion.  I don't know if I could enjoy the experience as much over and over again if I had to hear the same mistake each time.  The mistake happened, but . . . if the live DVD is a kind of representation of the band at its best, that's okay with me.

Personally I would rather have the permanent representation recording be as perfect as they can make it without being obnoxious about it. I would also focus on a mistake if it was obvious.

#13 FountainOfSyrinx

FountainOfSyrinx

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2152 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lincoln, NE via Fort Worth, TX
  • Interests:Univ. of Nebraska, Rush, the Dave Matthews Band, the Seattle Mariners, the Dallas Mavericks, and baseball in general.

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 October 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 23 October 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

View PostRelayer2112, on 23 October 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

They should have kept the mistakes in the guitar solo to make it realistic.  That's my only problem with it.

I wonder if a thread has been started about this topic.  I kind of don't mind the "illusion" that the editors create that something is completely live, even when everybody knows or can find out exactly what has been altered or re-recorded.  When I watch a live DVD, I have no trouble buying into the illusion.  I don't know if I could enjoy the experience as much over and over again if I had to hear the same mistake each time.  The mistake happened, but . . . if the live DVD is a kind of representation of the band at its best, that's okay with me.

Personally I would rather have the permanent representation recording be as perfect as they can make it without being obnoxious about it. I would also focus on a mistake if it was obvious.

Somewhere in between Eagles Live and Clockwork Angels Live works for me.

#14 Anthemic

Anthemic

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 742 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 23 October 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 23 October 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

View PostRelayer2112, on 23 October 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

They should have kept the mistakes in the guitar solo to make it realistic.  That's my only problem with it.

I wonder if a thread has been started about this topic.  I kind of don't mind the "illusion" that the editors create that something is completely live, even when everybody knows or can find out exactly what has been altered or re-recorded.  When I watch a live DVD, I have no trouble buying into the illusion.  I don't know if I could enjoy the experience as much over and over again if I had to hear the same mistake each time.  The mistake happened, but . . . if the live DVD is a kind of representation of the band at its best, that's okay with me.

Personally I would rather have the permanent representation recording be as perfect as they can make it without being obnoxious about it. I would also focus on a mistake if it was obvious.

wow i agree with you about something, incredible! ;)

#15 bordercollie

bordercollie

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 652 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:43 PM

View PostDisk98, on 23 October 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

I think Rush has already released too much.  I mean, RTB was fine.  JL was kinda sucky (as awesome as it was) because I was really looking forward to seeing it in the context of the rest of the live album.  CTTH now, too?  Is the whole freaking album going to be on YouTube before I buy it?  What's the point?

If you suffer a debilitating disease on Nov. 19, at least you will have heard what is already released!

#16 bordercollie

bordercollie

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 652 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:45 PM

View PostBowlCity, on 23 October 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

Pretty okay. Much better than TMT, not as good as Rio. Just a tired song, really.

But Alex and Neil hamming it up towards the end :rfl:

I think it's the best rendition since ESL.  Elder statesman Geddy sounds so sagely and wise with his delivery here.

#17 mrfriendly

mrfriendly

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:52 PM

I'm no expert with audio/visual things, and i know a lot of people have gone off on clockwork bluray audio, but the video on that release was really bad. I have no idea what happened. The video on snakes and TMT were very good and its great that they captured this tour well since they went all out with the onstage production. Would have been terrible if it looked like the clockwork release.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users