Roll The Bones vs Counterparts

AnEggplant

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which reigns supreme?

For me it's a not even close. Counterparts is my 4th favorite album, while Roll The Bones is dead last.

Animate > Dreamline

Stick It Out >>> Bravado

Cut To The Chase > Roll The Bones

Nobody's Hero >>> Face Up

Between Sun & Moon >>> The Big Wheel

Alien Shore >> Heresy

The Speed of Love = Ghost of a Chance

Double Agent >>> Neurotica

Everyday Glory >>> You Bet Your Life

Leave That Thing Alone > Where's My Thing?

For me it's a not even close. Counterparts is my 4th favorite album, while Roll The Bones is dead last.

Animate > Dreamline

Stick It Out >>> Bravado

Alien Shore >> Heresy

Dreamline >>>>>>>>> anything on Counterparts

• Like 4

Animate > Dreamline

Stick It Out >>> Bravado

Alien Shore >> Heresy

Dreamline >>>>>>>>> anything on Counterparts

Agree to disagree I suppose. :P

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with Roll The Bones, but Counterparts is probably Rush best 90s album!

This. ^

I love Roll the Bones; I really love it. But with Counterparts they started taking some risks that they hadn't taken for some time, and it worked more often than not. I think it's a bit better, overall.

Counterparts for sound.

Roll The Bones for the songs.

I actually think I could agree with this! My opinion on RTB songs changes when I hear them played live!

• Like 1

Presto is better than both of these by a wide margin!

But lately, I have grown to really love Counterparts.

Odd: the more I enjoy Counterparts, the better Stick It Out sounds (still hate it), and the worse Speed Of Love becomes!

• Like 1

Counterparts has the highest concentration of Rush's worst music and worst lyrics of any Rush album, easily. It has great sound, but fails in almost every way as an album.

RTB has a thin sound, but was still a turn torwards guitar oriented songs which has much appreciated after the long slide Rush was on previous to RTB. RTB brought out the great songs for the first time in years, and there's a reason it is the band's last platinum seller, and the only album after MP to sell appreciably more than the previous.

Animate <<< Dreamline (Animate is a good song, but Dreamline is a classic which reached out to the public for the first time in several years.

Stick It Out <<<<<<<< Bravado (Potentially Rush's worst song vs. a quite good one)

Cut To The Chase << Roll The Bones (CTTC is ok, but RTB is more fun, engaging, and powerful)

Nobody's Hero >> Face Up (CP gets it's first victory with a good, though overly preachy, song)

Between Sun & Moon < The Big Wheel (TBW is good enough to eke out a win here)

Alien Shore < Heresy (Heresy is preachy, but at least it works as a song)

The Speed of Love <<<<<<<<<<<< Ghost of a Chance (Another contender for Rush's worst song up against another classic which fans and the public enjoy)

Double Agent < Neurotica (Neurotica is silly, but at least it isn't garbage)

Everyday Glory = You Bet Your Life

Leave That Thing Alone = Where's My Thing?

Animate <<< Dreamline (Animate is a good song, but Dreamline is a classic which reached out to the public for the first time in several years.

Stick It Out <<<<<<<< Bravado (Potentially Rush's worst song vs. a quite good one)

Cut To The Chase << Roll The Bones (CTTC is ok, but RTB is more fun, engaging, and powerful)

Nobody's Hero >> Face Up (CP gets it's first victory with a good, though overly preachy, song)

The Speed of Love <<<<<<<<<<<< Ghost of a Chance (Another contender for Rush's worst song up against another classic which fans and the public enjoy)

I respect your opinion and even agree with you that GOAC > TSOL and Bravado > SIO. Otherwise, couldn't disagree more and sorry, but hearing the song RTB called "powerful" made me :LOL:. But you actually gave CP more props than I thought you would, which is cool. And I would say that live DL IS better than live Animate. But album wise, it's the reverse. I find studio DL weak while the studio Animate is great and has much more energy than any live version I heard.
  • Like 2

I respect your opinion and even agree with you that GOAC > TSOL and Bravado > SIO. Otherwise, couldn't disagree more and sorry, but hearing the song RTB called "powerful" made me :LOL:. But you actually gave CP more props than I thought you would, which is cool. And I would say that live DL IS better than live Animate. But album wise, it's the reverse. I find studio DL weak while the studio Animate is great and has much more energy than any live version I heard.

:goodone:

• Like 1