Carnies vs. Workin' Them Angels vs. How It Is vs. Driven vs. Between Sun and Moon

DistantEarlySignals

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which song is the best?

• Carnies
    • Workin' Them Angels
    • How It Is
    • Driven
    • Between Sun and Moon
  2. 2. Which song has the coolest name?

• Carnies
    • Workin' Them Angels
    • How It Is
    • Driven
    • Between Sun and Moon

Of this list, I love How It Is, and like Driven.

The rest can jump off a cliff and die.

That's quite the dog pile there.......but my fav there is Workin' Them Angels

Mick

Indeed. I'll take Driven though. It's a pretty cool rockin song especially for the days in the wilderness. Working Them Angels is kind of listenable with the rest going on the rather large steaming pile... :codger:
  • Like 2

Here we have some random songs from the five 'most recent' studio records. Vote away! (my votes are Carnies for best song, Workin' Them Angels for best name)

My votes were the same as yours. Carnies is a great underrated rocker, especially the live version.

Best name?? Thats a new one. Went with Between Sun and Moon but could have gone with any.

For best song, went as follows:

1. Workin' Them Angeles (very good song)

2. Between Sun and Moon (another very good song - just came in 2nd, just a hair back of #1)

3. Driven (a good solid song, but well back of #2)

4. The re-mix of How it is - nothing very good but it comes in 4th - well back of Driven.

5. Carnies / How it is - who cares. Both are very weak songs.

3 GOOD songs and 2 steaming piles...

I would personally give Driven a few more points than just good.

Fair enough. I think I did in an earlier post in this thread. I don't know what my problem is but the most of the stuff post 84' just doesn't blow up my skirt. Even the songs that are "very good" for the most part just aren't that memorable for me at all. I honestly think some of the songs from HYF and a couple from Presto are better than any of these. Who knows?... :sigh: :eh:

3 GOOD songs and 2 steaming piles...

I would personally give Driven a few more points than just good.

Fair enough. I think I did in an earlier post in this thread. I don't know what my problem is but the most of the stuff post 84' just doesn't blow up my skirt. Even the songs that are "very good" for the most part just aren't that memorable for me at all. I honestly think some of the songs from HYF and a couple from Presto are better than any of these. Who knows?... :sigh: :eh:

What happened, IMO is that they got more "radio friendly" and got away from what made them unique.

Carnies vs Sun and Moon...that's the contest for me here.

Love them both. Alex channels Robin Trowers and Billy Gibbons on these tracks. Tough choice. Do I love the smell of flint and steel more than I wanna jump in a lake?

Carnies wins based on Ged's voice and that friggin' tasty, nasty riff.

• Like 1

Went with "How It Is" based on how it moved when played live last tour. I was really surprised how it touched me...

You got Filet Mignon AND groped in Seattle?

Your luck amazes me

That's how it is, baby!
  • Like 1

I voted Driven for both questions, mainly because it's an awesome song.

Carnies creeps me out...as soon as I hear those kids screaming in the beginning I have to change it. Yeah, I know they're supposed to be having fun, like on a ride at the carnival, but it's screaming so one could take that in the opposite direction and presume they are being tortured or the ferris wheel has come loose from it's moorings and has gone rolling down the midway. (that may just be my interpretation though).

Working Them Angels...of all the songs on Snakes and Arrows that's one of the keepers...and there's only a few keepers on that album so it should be grateful it made the cut.

Between Sun & moon= meh Counterparts is mostly made up of 'meh'.

How it is= meh+...Vapor Trails is made up of even more 'meh' than Counterparts.