Geddy on Dan Patrick: "people can change their minds, but..."

Prattster

I think that Geddy was being respectful to the other members of the band more than anything with his answers on touring. He obviously doesn't want it to be over, but it's way too early for him to speculate on the possibility of touring/recording down the road.

I will be sorry if it's over, but I certainly would hold no ill will against any of them if it never happens again. They've done their time.

I think this is the perfect time for them to stop touring. Too many mistakes during this last tour and no one wants to see them go downhill.
  • Like 2

Dan Patrick: “Is Rush done touring?”

Geddy: “Well, for the most part it’s looking like it for the moment, I would say. You know, I never say never, and people can change their minds, but it’s going to be hard to get us back out on the road at this point.”

Dan Patrick: “So done, done right now?”

Geddy: “Right now, I would say, there’s no plans to tour.”

Dan Patrick: (pause) “Wow.”

Very cool. Thanks for the link.

I think that Geddy was being respectful to the other members of the band more than anything with his answers on touring. He obviously doesn't want it to be over, but it's way too early for him to speculate on the possibility of touring/recording down the road.

I will be sorry if it's over, but I certainly would hold no ill will against any of them if it never happens again. They've done their time.

I know it's weird but there is a part of me that is mad at Neil for being selfish. The rational hemisphere of my brain understands that after 40 years of hard work he wants to retire, and he has earned it. The emotional hemisphere is acting like a spoiled brat - how dare he retire and take that pleasure away from me?

I am usually rational, pragmatic and realistic so to me it's strange that I have this little corner of resentment bubbling away...

• Like 2

I know it's weird but there is a part of me that is mad at Neil for being selfish. The rational hemisphere of my brain understands that after 40 years of hard work he wants to retire, and he has earned it. The emotional hemisphere is acting like a spoiled brat - how dare he retire and take that pleasure away from me?

I am usually rational, pragmatic and realistic so to me it's strange that I have this little corner of resentment bubbling away...

When I think about it, I always end up with Neil's young daughter. There has to be some guilt within him regarding the loss of time he had with Selena because he was "on the road". He has the right to make sure that never happens again. I can't fault the man for that no matter how much I would like to see them perform again.

• Like 3

When I think about it, I always end up with Neil's young daughter. There has to be some guilt within him regarding the loss of time he had with Selena because he was "on the road". He has the right to make sure that never happens again. I can't fault the man for that no matter how much I would like to see them perform again.

From what I understand and I don't read his blogs and books Lord knows but isn't he away from home a bunch anyway? That's what I have heard around here anyway. Always traveling all over creation on his motorcycle etc etc... :huh:
  • Like 2

From what I understand and I don't read his blogs and books Lord knows but isn't he away from home a bunch anyway? That's what I have heard around here anyway. Always traveling all over creation on his motorcycle etc etc... :huh:

Generally not for months at a time unless he's on tour.

• Like 1

Generally not for months at a time unless he's on tour.

Ok. Thanks...

Dan Patrick: “Is Rush done touring?”

Geddy: “Well, for the most part it’s looking like it for the moment, I would say. You know, I never say never, and people can change their minds, but it’s going to be hard to get us back out on the road at this point.”

Dan Patrick: “So done, done right now?”

Geddy: “Right now, I would say, there’s no plans to tour.”

Dan Patrick: (pause) “Wow.”

Thanks Neil.

NOT

I know this is a pipe dream, but now I legitimately hope it happens. I hope Geddy and Alex start a Rush tribute act without Neil and leave Neil behind to do whatever his heart desires not-Rush related.
  • Like 2

I don't blame Neil at all. I would love to see them again but if I was in his place I wouldn't want to do it either. He has to feel a great deal of guilt over all the things he missed when he was touring while his first daughter was growing up. He's already older and not guaranteed to see this daughter grow up completely. He has money and a great legacy and went out with a great album and tour.
  • Like 1

I don't blame Neil at all. I would love to see them again but if I was in his place I wouldn't want to do it either. He has to feel a great deal of guilt over all the things he missed when he was touring while his first daughter was growing up. He's already older and not guaranteed to see this daughter grow up completely. He has money and a great legacy and went out with a great album and tour.

But should screwing over his two best friends and millions of Rush fans be part of the deal?

• Like 1

I always got the impression Alex and Geddy were never that close to Neil outside of business.

Same here. Right from the get go...
  • Like 1

But should screwing over his two best friends and millions of Rush fans be part of the deal?

Anthem of the heart and anthem of the mind...

• Like 2

On point... :cheers:
  • Like 1

I'm missing the "point." Would you explain it to me please?

I'm missing the "point." Would you explain it to me please?

You know they've always told you selfishness was wrong.

• Like 3