Geddy on Dan Patrick: "people can change their minds, but..."

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#21 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

Vapor Trail

• Members *
  • 18664 posts
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:17 PM

Am I the only one that got tears in my eyes when Geddy said they are done touring...?

Sponsored Post

#22 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42287 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:20 PM

View PostYYZumbi, on 15 October 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Am I the only one that got tears in my eyes when Geddy said they are done touring...?

You can thank Neil for that.

#23 Anthemic

Anthemic

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:40 PM

we all know that the person who needs to change his mind is neil.

#24 Look to Sirius

Look to Sirius

The Seeker

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostAnthemic, on 15 October 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

we all know that the person who needs to change his mind is neil.
If Sean Connery can change his mind about playing Bond, then can Neil can change his mind about playing live. Anything can happen..🎶

#25 WorkingAllTheTime

WorkingAllTheTime

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 2018 posts
  • Interests:Writing code for the priests of Syrinx.

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostXanadu, on 15 October 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

Doesn't seem like he is saying anything that he hasn't already said before though. No real surprises there.

Cool interview though. And did he say "God bless you" at the end to those guys? Just wondering...

I didn't hear a God bless you.... but given that Geddy is God around here.... wouldn't he really be saying "I bless you"?

#26 Relayer2112

Relayer2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:27 PM

I think that Geddy was being respectful to the other members of the band more than anything with his answers on touring.  He obviously doesn't want it to be over, but it's way too early for him to speculate on the possibility of touring/recording down the road.

I will be sorry if it's over, but I certainly would hold no ill will against any of them if it never happens again.  They've done their time.

#27 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:31 PM

Hey, bring on the Geddy and Alex acoustic show. I'll buy tickets! :D

#28 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:47 PM

I think this is the perfect time for them to stop touring. Too many mistakes during this last tour and no one wants to see them go downhill.

#29 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5565 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:47 PM

View PostPrattster, on 15 October 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

Dan Patrick: “Is Rush done touring?”
Geddy: “Well, for the most part it’s looking like it for the moment, I would say.  You know, I never say never, and people can change their minds, but it’s going to be hard to get us back out on the road at this point.”
Dan Patrick: “So done, done right now?”
Geddy: “Right now, I would say, there’s no plans to tour.”
Dan Patrick: (pause) “Wow.”

https://www.youtube....h?v=RM6EToV0VLI
Very cool.  Thanks for the link.

#30 ctbadger

ctbadger

The Seeker

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostRelayer2112, on 15 October 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

I think that Geddy was being respectful to the other members of the band more than anything with his answers on touring.  He obviously doesn't want it to be over, but it's way too early for him to speculate on the possibility of touring/recording down the road.

I will be sorry if it's over, but I certainly would hold no ill will against any of them if it never happens again.  They've done their time.

I know it's weird but there is a part of me that is mad at Neil for being selfish. The rational hemisphere of my brain understands that after 40 years of hard work he wants to retire, and he has earned it. The emotional hemisphere is acting like a spoiled brat - how dare he retire and take that pleasure away from me?

I am usually rational, pragmatic and realistic so to me it's strange that I have this little corner of resentment bubbling away...

#31 Relayer2112

Relayer2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:50 PM

View Postctbadger, on 15 October 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

I know it's weird but there is a part of me that is mad at Neil for being selfish. The rational hemisphere of my brain understands that after 40 years of hard work he wants to retire, and he has earned it. The emotional hemisphere is acting like a spoiled brat - how dare he retire and take that pleasure away from me?

I am usually rational, pragmatic and realistic so to me it's strange that I have this little corner of resentment bubbling away...

When I think about it, I always end up with Neil's young daughter.  There has to be some guilt within him regarding the loss of time he had with Selena because he was "on the road".  He has the right to make sure that never happens again.  I can't fault the man for that no matter how much I would like to see them perform again.

#32 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27723 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostRelayer2112, on 15 October 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

When I think about it, I always end up with Neil's young daughter.  There has to be some guilt within him regarding the loss of time he had with Selena because he was "on the road".  He has the right to make sure that never happens again.  I can't fault the man for that no matter how much I would like to see them perform again.
From what I understand and I don't read his blogs and books Lord knows but isn't he away from home a bunch anyway? That's what I have heard around here anyway. Always traveling all over creation on his motorcycle etc etc... :huh:

#33 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostLorraine, on 15 October 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

I hate to see anything good end.

So do I,

But reality sets in. I am just glad I was around from the beginning. :codger:

:rush:

Edited by troutman, 15 October 2015 - 04:35 PM.

#34 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:26 PM

View PostNarps, on 15 October 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

From what I understand and I don't read his blogs and books Lord knows but isn't he away from home a bunch anyway? That's what I have heard around here anyway. Always traveling all over creation on his motorcycle etc etc... :huh:

Generally not for months at a time unless he's on tour.

#35 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27723 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:30 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 15 October 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

View PostNarps, on 15 October 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Generally not for months at a time unless he's on tour.
Ok. Thanks...

#36 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 53801 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:41 PM

"Do you ever get tired of kicking so much ass as a band?"

:D

#37 fraroc

fraroc

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2464 posts
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

View PostPrattster, on 15 October 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

Dan Patrick: “Is Rush done touring?”
Geddy: “Well, for the most part it’s looking like it for the moment, I would say.  You know, I never say never, and people can change their minds, but it’s going to be hard to get us back out on the road at this point.”
Dan Patrick: “So done, done right now?”
Geddy: “Right now, I would say, there’s no plans to tour.”
Dan Patrick: (pause) “Wow.”

https://www.youtube....h?v=RM6EToV0VLI

Thanks Neil.

NOT

#38 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27723 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

View Postgoose, on 15 October 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

"Do you ever get tired of kicking so much ass as a band?"

:D
That was awesome!! :dweez:

#39 fraroc

fraroc

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2464 posts
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:57 PM

I know this is a pipe dream, but now I legitimately hope it happens. I hope Geddy and Alex start a Rush tribute act without Neil and leave Neil behind to do whatever his heart desires not-Rush related.

#40 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15996 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:34 PM

I don't blame Neil at all.  I would love to see them again but if I was in his place I wouldn't want to do it either.  He has to feel a great deal of guilt over all the things he missed when he was touring while his first daughter was growing up.  He's already older and not guaranteed to see this daughter grow up completely.  He has money and a great legacy and went out with a great album and tour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users