Who is your favourite old school thrash metal band? That's your own personal favourite, not the biggest or the fastest or the daftest!

treeduck

THE TRF THRASH FAVOURITE POLL  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite old school thrash metal band?

• Metallica
    • Megadeth
    • Slayer
    • Anthrax
    • Exodus
    • Overkill
    • Testament
    • Kreator
    • Sodom
    • Death
    • Sepultura
    • Death Angel
    • Voivod
    • Pantera
    • Annihilator
    • Forbidden
    • Venom
    • Metal Church
    • Dark Angel
    • Nuclear Assault
    • Exciter
    • Sacred Reich
    • Flotsam and Jetsom
    • Suicidal Tendencies
    • Coroner
    • D.R.I.
    • Toxik
    • Stormtroopers of Death
    • Destruction
    • Tankard
    • Possessed
    • Morbid Saint
    • (My thrash band favourite is not in the above list)
    • (None, I don't like thrash metal, it's too harsh for my delicate ears!)
    • (None I don't like heavy metal at all)

I don't even get people who bash Metallica now. There's some cool stuff even on Reload but it's a different band. St Anger I get. Never listen to that album but Death Magnetic had some very excellent material. At least it shows they are trying. Hopefully they pay more attention to the production of this new album they are working on. I'm very interested to hear what they are going to do.
  • Like 1

I liked death magnetic when it was released but the buzz died down when I realized I didn't think it was that good on its own, just really good by their standards which were quite low

Not tryin to be an elitist bandwagon douche, I mean I love early metallica but I really don't dig the post-justice stuff

I don't even get people who bash Metallica now. There's some cool stuff even on Reload but it's a different band. St Anger I get. Never listen to that album but Death Magnetic had some very excellent material. At least it shows they are trying. Hopefully they pay more attention to the production of this new album they are working on. I'm very interested to hear what they are going to do.

I liked death magnetic, thought it was a fine album.

I think in a way metallica brought alot of the bashing on themselves. Not just the records but lars was always saying stupid stuff

• Like 1

I liked death magnetic when it was released but the buzz died down when I realized I didn't think it was that good on its own, just really good by their standards which were quite low

Not tryin to be an elitist bandwagon douche, I mean I love early metallica but I really don't dig the post-justice stuff

The former rather than the latter. ;)

• Like 1

I never liked Metallica.

I never liked Metallica.

Then you don't count.

I never liked Metallica.

Then you don't count.

A drummer who can't keep time, a guitarist who can't even play their riffs, plastic vocals, what's to like? :huh:

I never liked Metallica.

Then you don't count.

A drummer who can't keep time, a guitarist who can't even play their riffs, plastic vocals, what's to like? :huh:

must be something appealing about them for countless other thrash bands to rip them off. give kill em all and ride the lightning another chance sometime, even a big hair nutter like you should enjoy songs like "metal militia," "creeping death," etc.

I never liked Metallica.

Then you don't count.

must be something appealing about them for countless other thrash bands to rip them off. give kill em all and ride the lightning another chance sometime, even a big hair nutter like you should enjoy songs like "metal militia," "creeping death," etc.

I listened to all those albums Puppets, Lightning and Kill em All back in the mid 80's.

Flotsam And Jetsam, Metallica, Testament and Sabbat

Flotsam And Jetsam, Metallica, Testament and Sabbat

You can only vote for 1

OK I will listen to some album's!

OK tried really hard...

I have a serious soft spot for Sabbat.

Flotsam And Jetsam are really great.

Testament are one of the greatest things to happen to music ever.

Metallica however have a classic run of FOUR albums. Maybe five...

So...Testallica

• Like 1

OK tried really hard...

So...Testallica

Sounds like a disease of the crotch!

• Like 1

OK tried really hard...

So...Testallica

Sounds like a disease of the crotch!

Heavy metal balls!

• Like 1

I never liked Metallica.

Then you don't count.

This just moved my vote to Testament.

Metal up your ass!

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/4/6/3/7/463770.jpeg?3802