Sorry Men: No More Nudes in Playboy

Boots

It's all good. I got great "use" out of that magazine long long ago when the writing, articles and cartoons were top notch. I haven't seen a Playboy in eons...
  • Like 1

but remember the suzanne summers issue back in the 80's? It will live in my mind forever.

I had a subscription to Playboy for a while but way way back but I think it was before this. Very late 70's to very early 80's if I recall correctly. The Suzanne Somers one was in 84' as I just looked it up. Good grief the stuff that came up with it. I closed it very quickly and washed my eyes out with soap. Yowza!! If I saw a cover from back then I would know instantly if I had gotten that one. That is how much those covers get ingrained in ones brain. At least mine anyway... :codger:

I haven't seen a Playboy in eons...

We used to find them in the bushes near the high school all the time back in the 80's, try there!

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 1

We used to find them in the bushes near the high school all the time back in the 80's, try there!

Hell I used to hide mine in the woods behind my house in the early to mid 70's. It sucked when it rained... :sigh:

Hell I used to hide mine in the woods behind my house in the early to mid 70's. It sucked when it rained... :sigh:

we used zip lock bags.

• Like 1

we used zip lock bags.

I'm not sure if they had been invented yet during my pubescent years... :LOL:

I remember walking home from school one day--I was about 13 with a bunch of freinds, and car drove past, as it did the driver threw out a paper grocery bag full of stuff.

We ran up and it was full of playboys, hustlers and one called oui.

We hid them in a hollowed out tree and took trips to look at them for a number of years until one day they were just gone.

I think one of the guys started feeling guilty and told his parents--but we never found out.

• Like 1

I remember walking home from school one day--I was about 13 with a bunch of freinds, and car drove past, as it did the driver threw out a paper grocery bag full of stuff.

We ran up and it was full of playboys, hustlers and one called oui.

We hid them in a hollowed out tree and took trips to look at them for a number of years until one day they were just gone.

I think one of the guys started feeling guilty and told his parents--but we never found out.

It seems like everyone's neighborhood had some kind of secret "stash" of nudie mags. We had some hidden behind some cement blocks down at the local skating rink/park. Ahh, the good old days... :LOL:

• Like 1

I once supported Hugh Hefner's original philosophy - that sex should be a normal part of our lives, thereby being openly discussed and seen in adult magazines. In a healthy and mature society, there shouldn't be taboos and superstitions regarding sexual reproduction and sexuality in general.

But then I saw how Playboy Magazine became an insult to women as well as men. The fake blond hair, the fake boobs, the exploitation of all those young women, and the women allowing themselves to be exploited just for the money......it all became a major turnoff. The last straw was when Playboy published nude photos of OJ Simpson's girlfriend during the debacle of the Simpson murder trial. What shameless exploitation....... I haven't looked at the magazine since.

• Like 1

I once supported Hugh Hefner's original philosophy - that sex should be a normal part of our lives, thereby being openly discussed and seen in adult magazines. In a healthy and mature society, there shouldn't be taboos and superstitions regarding sexual reproduction and sexuality in general.

But then I saw how Playboy Magazine became an insult to women as well as men. The fake blond hair, the fake boobs, the exploitation of all those young women, and the women allowing themselves to be exploited just for the money......it all became a major turnoff. The last straw was when Playboy published nude photos of OJ Simpson's girlfriend during the debacle of the Simpson murder trial. What shameless exploitation....... I haven't looked at the magazine since.

Well, I'm with you as far as the "fake", one narrow and extreme beauty standard that Playboy presents...but to me, Hef and his "vision" is no more guilty than a Cosmo or the 6,794,218 fashion magazines that exist. They're all pretty much the same...except one shows nipples.

I felt more exploitation by a Sears catalog when I was 12. ;)

• Like 2

Well, I'm with you as far as the "fake", one narrow and extreme beauty standard that Playboy presents...but to me, Hef and his "vision" is no more guilty than a Cosmo or the 6,794,218 fashion magazines that exist. They're all pretty much the same...except one shows nipples.

I felt more exploitation by a Sears catalog when I was 12. ;)

Cosmopolitan and similar "women's magazines" are pathetic. They've used 12 year-olds......dolled them up, made them look so "adult" that many can't tell the difference. The messages that they've sent to women about their bodies, their lives, and their roles in life are truly horrible.

• Like 3

Hate to tell you this Narps but that likely wasn't rainwater.

• Like 5

but remember the suzanne summers issue back in the 80's? It will live in my mind forever.

I had a subscription to Playboy for a while but way way back but I think it was before this. Very late 70's to very early 80's if I recall correctly. The Suzanne Somers one was in 84' as I just looked it up. Good grief the stuff that came up with it. I closed it very quickly and washed my eyes out with soap. Yowza!! If I saw a cover from back then I would know instantly if I had gotten that one. That is how much those covers get ingrained in ones brain. At least mine anyway... :codger:

Farrah Fawcett.
  • Like 1

Farrah Fawcett.

I definitely had that one...