goose

The internet is abuzz with talk of the Disco Ball that adorns the new R40 cover. Some love it, others hate it for its massiveness and its blocking if Neil's appendages. Lets settle it here and now: Is the R40 Disco Ball just too darn big???
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure its the same one I use straight from Wiki. They owe me for the idea. If they can afford it of course... :madra:
  • Like 3

We've got the biggest balls of them all

I thought Bon did? RIP... Edited by Narps
  • Like 2

it's huge all right. a huge dissapointment. I may slip the discs into different cases when i get this. if this artwork holds i mean.

Mick

:laughing guy: ...
  • Like 1

it's huge all right. a huge dissapointment. I may slip the discs into different cases when i get this. if this artwork holds i mean.

Mick

wasn't aiming for a laugh. people do that to me in daily life to. i'll just say my opinion and i get a laugh, lol

glad i gave you one though Narps ;)

Mick

We need a cover that screams "Rush - 40 years!"

If a very casual Rush fan comes across the packaging in a Best Buy or wherever...they're going to have a major WTF moment.

Mick

:goodone:

I'm officially returning my copy of ATWAS and writing a letter of protest to Rush, Ray Daniels and the Canadian Royal Mounted Police stating how unconscionable it is that the cover art is simply a photo of the stage with none of the band members in it, and the font above the photos is not creative. It's just block letters. I want my money back, and payment for all the time I have listened to this album or any of the individual songs on it for the past 30 some-odd years. Any time I spent examining the album cover should also be fully compensated due to loss of productivity. I realize that it's probably the best live album in Rush's 40+ year discography, but the lack of creative genius in the packaging is inexcusable and will not be tolerated for one more millisecond. I demand that all copies be recalled,and any copies that have not survive should retrieved via time travel back to the release date and prevented from reaching the offended eyes of Rush fandom. Furthermore, I expect Hugh Syme to immediately produce a more suitable cover and inner packaging design which will be also retroactively used to replace all album packaging 40 years ago.

Now as far as this R40 live release goes, let me be the first to predict that the video editing, sound quality, band's performance, Ben Minks hair, the printing on the actual CDs and DVDs, the DVD menus, the engraving of the discs, the tightness and odor of the shrink wrap, the crispness of the ink on the box, the demeanor of the audience (which will undoubtedly be a gigantic mass of extra actors edited into the video instead of the "real" audience at the show), the enthusiasm of the applause, the wrinkles in Neil Peart's forehead, the pointyness of Geddy Lee's soul patch, and the closeness of Alex Lifeson's shave are all COMPLETE CRAP that a preschooler could outdo.

And that cover. Oy Veh Is Mir!!! I hope Randy Johnson is flogging himself with a bundle of razor-wire in public as self-punshiment for his utterly despicable photograph of the band in concert. I want the money back that I haven't yet had to pay for this affront to mankind! For simply having to view this cover, I feel I'm entitled to at least 5 million dollars in punitive damages.

• Like 3

I'm officially returning my copy of ATWAS and writing a letter of protest to Rush, Ray Daniels and the Canadian Royal Mounted Police stating how unconscionable it is that the cover art is simply a photo of the stage with none of the band members in it, and the font above the photos is not creative. It's just block letters. I want my money back, and payment for all the time I have listened to this album or any of the individual songs on it for the past 30 some-odd years. Any time I spent examining the album cover should also be fully compensated due to loss of productivity. I realize that it's probably the best live album in Rush's 40+ year discography, but the lack of creative genius in the packaging is inexcusable and will not be tolerated for one more millisecond. I demand that all copies be recalled,and any copies that have not survive should retrieved via time travel back to the release date and prevented from reaching the offended eyes of Rush fandom. Furthermore, I expect Hugh Syme to immediately produce a more suitable cover and inner packaging design which will be also retroactively used to replace all album packaging 40 years ago.

Now as far as this R40 live release goes, let me be the first to predict that the video editing, sound quality, band's performance, Ben Minks hair, the printing on the actual CDs and DVDs, the DVD menus, the engraving of the discs, the tightness and odor of the shrink wrap, the crispness of the ink on the box, the demeanor of the audience (which will undoubtedly be a gigantic mass of extra actors edited into the video instead of the "real" audience at the show), the enthusiasm of the applause, the wrinkles in Neil Peart's forehead, the pointyness of Geddy Lee's soul patch, and the closeness of Alex Lifeson's shave are all COMPLETE CRAP that a preschooler could outdo.

And that cover. Oy Veh Is Mir!!! I hope Randy Johnson is flogging himself with a bundle of razor-wire in public as self-punshiment for his utterly despicable photograph of the band in concert. I want the money back that I haven't yet had to pay for this affront to mankind! For simply having to view this cover, I feel I'm entitled to at least 5 million dollars in punitive damages.

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

One thing I forgot...I am appalled that the images were clearly photoshopped onto that blue background. That clearly is not the same background that was in Toronto. The city of Toronto and the entire nation of Canada are insulted by the choice of a fictitious background, and the color chosen, which is not even a nice shade of blue!!! They should have obviously chosen a fluorescent magenta background if they could not use the actual offstage background from the venue! This is bullcrap!!! I want the entire realm of space and time, itself scrubbed of any trace of this release for all time, and I demand that Hugh Syme immediately re-do all packaging materials in time for November 20th, 2015 or I will file a class action lawsuit.

Also, I have a problem with the angle of reflection of those two floor spotlights hitting the mirrorball. Something seems not quite right there. And the weird wrinkles on the knees of Lee's jeans are very distracting.

"Knees of Lee's Jeans" - good band name?

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Also, I have a problem with the angle of reflection of those two floor spotlights hitting the mirrorball. Something seems not quite right there. And the weird wrinkles on the knees of Lee's jeans are very distracting.

"Knees of Lee's Jeans" - good band name?

Isn't there a member here with the name "Ged's Jeans"?