Do You "Run With The Pack" Or Do You Run Against It? If You Do Then You Are BAD COMPANY!

RUSHHEAD666

I've always loved Bad Company like many of you. "Bad Company" and "Straight Shooter" are both must have albums. Hell they were just reissued with a bonus disc!!

So let's talk about their third album. "Run With The Pack" is one of the most underrated albums on the planet.

"Silver, Blue & Gold" is excellent!

I prefer "Silver And Black And Green And Gold!"

Love,

The Oakland I mean Los Angeles Raiders and the Oakland I mean Portland Athletics

• Like 3

Paul Rodgers is up there with Bruce Dickinson as one of the singers with a huge longevity with their voice. Hell of a band with lots of good songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7vPjic5sRE

Dude! HELL YES!!!!!! Paul is one of the greatest of all time! I love all of the FREE stuff too!!!!!

I really didn't understand the Queen thing. Did you?

Paul Rodgers is up there with Bruce Dickinson as one of the singers with a huge longevity with their voice. Hell of a band with lots of good songs.

Dude! HELL YES!!!!!! Paul is one of the greatest of all time! I love all of the FREE stuff too!!!!!

The Queen + Paul Rodgers was interesting in its own right. Some things worked very well with Rodgers on vocals, others did not. The more straight hard rock and older Queen material suited Rodgers better than the proggier or early-mid 80's Queen. Stuff like Tie Your Mother Down or I Want It All Paul, Brian, and Roger absolutely dominated. It was great. Stuff like Bohemian Rhapsody or I Want To Break Free, not so good. Rodgers is a very gruff bluesy vocalist and while just as charismatic as Freddie, wasn't as...dramatic, I guess.

• Like 1

The Queen + Paul Rodgers was interesting in its own right. Some things worked very well with Rodgers on vocals, others did not. The more straight hard rock and older Queen material suited Rodgers better than the proggier or early-mid 80's Queen. Stuff like Tie Your Mother Down or I Want It All Paul, Brian, and Roger absolutely dominated. It was great. Stuff like Bohemian Rhapsody or I Want To Break Free, not so good. Rodgers is a very gruff bluesy vocalist and while just as charismatic as Freddie, wasn't as...dramatic, I guess.

Ok my friend. Well stated. I agree!!!

I like Bad Company all right, but I like Free much better. (Free had Paul Kossoff!).

I agree about Rodgers and his voice...absolutely incredible.

I have always enjoyed Bad Company but like with many bands I don't own any as they were to popular back in the day and I didn't buy any albums from bands that got a bunch of airplay. It was my unwritten rule... :codger: I think I will add this one to the top 500 albums thread in your honor... :cheers:
  • Like 1

I have always enjoyed Bad Company but like with many bands I don't own any as they were to popular back in the day and I didn't buy any albums from bands that got a bunch of airplay. It was my unwritten rule... :codger: I think I will add this one to the top 500 albums thread in your honor... :cheers:

YOU RULE!!!!!!

Bad Company bores me for the most part.

Burning Sky is a great track otherwise I can totally do without them.

I'm surprised you don't like the first four records. Then yes. Totally boring. I hate "Rock And Roll Fantasy" Whatever. That lame ass electronic drum shit drives me nuts.

Whoever invented drum machines and drum pads like SIMMONS should just be kicked in the nuts.

I know Neil uses that shit too but come on!!! GARBAGE!

I remember watching Rush perform "The Trees" years ago and Neil played int on the electronic side with electronic fake black cymbals.

IT SOUNDED LIKE A PIECE OF HUMAN SHIT HITTING THE TOILET WATER!

WASTE!

Pun intended.