Which is your pick for the BEST MAIDEN album of the 21st century?

treeduck

make your choice!  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your pick for the BEST MAIDEN album of the 21st century?

• Brave New World
    • Dance of Death
    • A Matter of Life and Death
    • The Final Frontier
    • The Book of Souls

Killers

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

Goose, you may love the Gathering, but this lost just farts all over my new found love for your precious Fowl Face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-3Ka8x4zvE

Book of Souls, easily.

Happy?

YES!

It's fantastic! :yes:

And Book of Souls is good too!

Killers

Goose, you may love the Gathering, but this lost just farts all over my new found love for your precious Fowl Face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-3Ka8x4zvE

Book of Souls, easily.

Happy?

YES!

It's fantastic! :yes:

And Book of Souls is good too!

Welllllll...I have nothing good to say about Book Of Souls. It bored me silly, and I would take the best of both Blaze Bailey albums over this effort.

But all who love it, I am delighted! I would be saddened if the band were to disappoint the fan base at large after all they have gone through, and of course achieved in recent years.

My opinion is definitely not a majority verdict.

Killers

FUKK YESSS!! "KILLERS" IS THE GREATEST MAIDEN ALBUM OF ALL TIME!

ALL OF THOSE ALBUMS IN THE 21ST CENTURY ARE PURE FRUIT LOOP FODDER!!!!!!

I would rather listen to "21st Century Schizoid Man" by April Wine than anything by Maiden in the 21st Century.

I would rather listen to THE IRON MAIDENS!

Let's get down to real business here. Of course like many of you real Maiden fans I always get excited about a new Maiden release.

I'm always hoping for something that will knock my socks off.

I was really excited about BOS but man I fell asleep during the second disc.

I can't even sit down and listen to the whole thing even though I like what I have heard.

It doesn't matter to me. I am a nostalgic metal nerd. Nothing with touch the old shit. Cliche as fuckk I know. That's me. FUCKK IT!!!!

After "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" I was well..............

DONE

• Like 2

It's weird. BNW was actually the first Maiden I ever heard, so I kind of automatically lump it in with the old stuff without thinking.

By the time DOD was released, I'd long since completed my Maiden collection, and moved on to other bands (like Rush), so, while I bought the albums, neither DOD or AMOLAD made much of an impact on me. I didn't really get into them until Final Frontier was released, which I loved immediately. Same with Book of Souls

Now, I love all 5...but if forced, I'll have to go with BNW, just because it kicked the whole Maiden thing off for me.

Repetitive listens if The Book of Souls have changed my mind. Here's how I'd rank them:

Dance of Death > Brave New World > AMOLAD > The Book of Souls > The Final Frontier

I don't know what it is about Dance of Death that attracts me more than their other releases since 2000, but I really like it. And as much as I praised The Book of Souls a lot when it was released, I found that some of the songs are gratuitously long, and there are way too many references to other songs in their catalogue.

Edited by Rod in Rio
  • Like 1

I'm listening to The Final Frontier! :haz:

When this first came out I had few problems appreciating it, but now 5 years later (is it really that long?) it sounds better than it ever has!

Do you like the extended intro to the title track?

I loved it at first...it is the only bit of the whole album that hasn't stood up to repeat listens. Otherwise, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

When this first came out I had few problems appreciating it, but now 5 years later (is it really that long?) it sounds better than it ever has!

I loved it at first...it is the only bit of the whole album that hasn't stood up to repeat listens. Otherwise, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

I don't mind it. Today though I was a little impatient to get to the song itself.

I don't mind it. Today though I was a little impatient to get to the song itself.

I'm pretty sure they wrote that intro with the full intention of having it as the intro to their shows and that's exactly what they did for the tour. The same thing with If Eternity Should Fail. The soft start will be used as the show intro probably with a video and then the band hits the stage when the faster part kicks in.

Final Frontier has lost its touch with me. Coming Home, Isle of Avalon, and The Talisman are shots out of the park, but the album as a whole just pales in comparison to AMOLAD and Book of Souls IMO.

• Like 1

Final Frontier has lost its touch with me. Coming Home, Isle of Avalon, and The Talisman are shots out of the park, but the album as a whole just pales in comparison to AMOLAD and Book of Souls IMO.

I agree although I still need more time with the Book of Souls.

Great poll.

Brave New World all the way! This album is a great musical successor of SSoaSS.

Song Blood Brothers is nearly a masterpiece. The Wicker Man, Ghost of the Navigator, BNW, Out of the Silent Planet and The Mercenary are also stand-out tunes.

• Like 1

Changed my vote from earlier. Probably A Matter Of Life And Death.

I really love them all, however, including Dance Of Death and Final Frontier. I wouldn't give the worst of them less than a solid "B" grade.

Edited by Presto-digitation

I'm feeling...a tie...between...

Brave New World and A Matter Of Life And Death

• Like 1