Battle Of The Bands 2: Queensrÿche vs. Queen

Super25Smasher

Queensrÿche vs. Queen  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Queensrÿche or Queen?

• Queen
    • Queensrÿche

Which do you prefer? I'm going with Queensrÿche! Operation Mindcrime is one of my favorite albums ever!
  • Like 2

I must have missed something. Isn't Queen one of the greatest bands all time with excellent album after excellent album or as I said maybe I missed something? I could be wrong but this would seem to be like a Major League team against a AA Minor League one... :codger:
  • Like 5

Queen was amazing and will certainly get all the love here...but Queensryche (earlier stuff, not the mess it became) is more of where I live musically. Mindcrime/Empire was the one-two punch of their peak imo.
  • Like 3

I must have missed something. Isn't Queen one of the greatest bands all time with excellent album after excellent album or as I said maybe I missed something? I could be wrong but this would seem to be like a Major League team against a AA Minor League one... :codger:

Some people enjoy and support minor league baseball.

• Like 2

I have no problem with that either I would just think that most people wouldn't even think this one was close. There are plenty of bands that are "better" than some bands I love more also so there ya go... :)
  • Like 1

I have no problem with that either I would just think that most people wouldn't even think this one was close. There are plenty of bands that are "better" than some bands I love more also so there ya go... :)

Oh, I have no doubt it will be a Queen landslide...and I fully understand and appreciate the mega appeal of Queen. I think Freddy Mercury is the greatest vocalist ever...but that's another topic.

• Like 1

Im going with queensryche all the way. Dont get me wrong queen was a band i highly respect but the ryche is way more my style. As mentioned mindcrime and empire was a great time
  • Like 3

It's not close. Queen.

Not sure...not massively into either.

Queen do have some AMAZING musicians...as does the other...

Sooooo...

Stumped. Both are without argument classic bands, neither fit in with me, but both are equally talented, so...who wins?

Outta here!

• Like 1

Ha ha. No contest. Even Geoff Tate would vote Queen here.

I was a full blown 'ryche' fan back in the day. Saw them play w/Metallica in '88 and went both nights on the Empire tour. Mindcrime II? Did it twice.

JudasPriest and Heavan&Hell had them as support when I saw them in the 2000's. I think I've seen them eight times. Queen - 0 times.

Queen gets my vote.

• Like 2

Some people also enjoy sugar free Twinkies and non-alcoholic beer, but that doesn't make it right. :) Edited by ReGorLaTroy

Well, having multiple gold and platinum albums is quite the accomplishment for a minor league team ;)

There is nothing minor league about Queensryche's output between their debut EP and Promised Land. From 83-95 they were as good as any other top tier metal band during that time frame.

• Like 4

From 83-95 .

This explains much.... :)
  • Like 1

Which do you prefer? I'm going with Queensrÿche! Operation Mindcrime is one of my favorite albums ever!

Indeed! I used to have Mind crime memorized. "You know too much for your own good..."
  • Like 1

From 83-95 .

This explains much.... :)

yes, it's true. But I still like original Queensryche better than Queen.
  • Like 1

Im going with queensryche all the way. Dont get me wrong queen was a band i highly respect but the ryche is way more my style. As mentioned mindcrime and empire was a great time

exactly! Queensryche (original) is just more my style. And Mindcrime & Empire were at important/pivotal times in my life.
  • Like 1

Well, having multiple gold and platinum albums is quite the accomplishment for a minor league team ;)

There is nothing minor league about Queensryche's output between their debut EP and Promised Land. From 83-95 they were as good as any other top tier metal band during that time frame.

is promised land any good? I was introduced to Rush after Empire & never tried out promised land. Was that still the original line-up?
  • Like 1

I am perfectly aware that Queen were a greater band, but in the beginning Queensryche made some of the best albums in history: not only Mindcrime is an absolute masterpiece, but also The Warning and Rage For Order (maybe my favourite) were far ahead in the music scene.
  • Like 5