"Save A Prayer" And Save This Thread Till The Morning After! I LOVE DURAN DURAN! Hollywood Bowl Tonight. Tomorrow The Greek!!! Thank God For Music!

RUSHHEAD666

Guys! My life is shit yet I am still blessed! I know many of you prog snobs hate Duran Duran. Believe me I get it but I love them up till "Ordinary World." Man they are a HIT MACHINE! I can't believe they are playing the Hollywood Bowl tonight and then I get to see them at the intimate Greek in Berkeley California!

Do you know that The Greek is Les Claypool''s favorite place to play in the world?

I can't wait! Of course I'm am going alone but hey it's cheaper and I don't have to worry about another person. I can just watch the music. I love being single.

I love "A VIEW TO A KILL!" That song just kicks ass and it reminds me of The Power Station!

Yep another ANDY TAYLOR plug. His fake brother was also in the band.

Duran Duran isn't underrated. They are a fuckingg great band. They just went into several other directions. I hear their new album is electronic dance. WHAT THE FUKK??

Give me "RIO" or "Hungry Like The Wolf!" "Girls On Film!" "New Moon On Monday!"

Am I strange? Am I different? Am I insane?

"Is There Something I Should Know?"

LOL!

I love Simon's voice too! JMO

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

This path for me starts and stops with The Power Station album with Robert Palmer and the Taylors. Can't follow you any furter.

But music in the last 30 yrs gave us many acts much worse than DD anyway

• Like 1

This path for me starts and stops with The Power Station album with Robert Palmer and the Taylors. Can't follow you any furter.

I totally get it buddy! I actually hated Duran Duran in the 80's but then when I bought the first Power Station album my mind was blown away! So even then as a young lad I had to explore Duran Duran because of Andy!

Perhaps I'm just nostalgic. Perhaps I need music to fill a HUGE BLACKHOLE IN MY HEART! Hey a song title?

This is really strange. The funk band CHIC is opening for Duran Duran. For those of you who don't know Tony Thompson was the drummer for CHIC. Of course you know that Tony played with the Taylors in The Power Station.

Small World.

I prefer "Ordinary World." LOL!

Back in the 80's when my wardrobe mostly consisted of Iron Maiden t-shirts and denim I was a closet Duran Duran fan. Now I can listen to The Reflex loudly and proudly!

John Taylor was one of my favorite bass players back in my garage band days. Girls on Film, Rio, and Hungry Like the Wolf were great fun to play along with. After The Power Station project I didn't follow them much, but I do like the hits like Notorious and I Dont Want Your Love. I'd see them 100 times before I'd see Dream Theater.

Have fun Earl. Let it put a smile on your face for a couple hours. Isn't that what music's for?

:cheers:

• Like 1

I still have my DD shirt in my archives. First album favorite. Liked Arcadia over Power Station. Thought John Taylor was then sun and the moon in High School.

The only thing I think of now when I think of the Reflex is Dave Chappelle singing it in one of his skits dressed as a white guy!

Edited by librarian

Couldn't stand them in the 80s. I appreciate them now and like quite a bit of their stuff. They just oversold their image and undersold their musicianship a bit too much back then for me to get into them. Plus, they were unfairly lumped in with the nu-wave type bands back then. Looking back I think they were something else. Ordinary world is a great song that belongs on a list of top pop songs

that Power Station album is just brilliant.
  • Like 1

Love me some Duran Duran, all thanks to Debbi in high school in or around 1985. My close circle of Rush- and Sabbath-loving friends just couldn't understand.

The power women (or in this case, girls) have sometimes. :)

• Like 2

I've always liked D2, although I haven't heard anything they've done since the 90s.

Earl, how was the show last night?

Here's a peek at last week's Reno show...

• Like 2