2015-16 NHL Season Thread

blackhawkrush

Shea Weber to the Habs for PK - I'm a happy man. No I'm not a racist. Just don't think PK is an all around player like Weber. PK took stupid penalties that cost his team a few games. Also not a team player. Yeah it's awesome he could stay out on a PP for the two minutes but what good does it do if they don't score because he has no gas left at the end. Edited by alphseeker

Shea Weber to the Habs for PK - I'm a happy man. No I'm not a racist. Just don't think PK is an all around player like Weber. PK took stupid penalties that cost his team a few games. Also not a team player. Yeah it's awesome he could stay out on a PP for the two minutes but what good does it do if they don't score because he has no gas left at the end.

This makes Nashville's defense sick

Nash gains in the age dept, and they both have long term contracts, so only time will tell.

Vegas had Nashville at 60-1 to win the cup Wednesday morning. Moved to 25-1 after Subban deal

Montreal was 45-1 moved to 18-1 after adding Weber....strange Vegas move. They think BOTH sides will improve

Here is the contract math. Hard to make sense of it...financially for Habs

Subban - AGE 27. 6 Years left on contract, Contract carries an annual salary cap hit of $9 million per season

Weber - AGE 30. 10 Years left on contract, Contract carries an annual salary cap hit of $7.85 million per season

Hadn't heard that Teravainen was traded to Carolina, figured they would trade Bickell. The Shaw trade was a surprise for me too, 'course I haven't kept as close a watch this last season. Lots of surprises, Backes is going to Boston and Andersen got traded by the Ducks? After he helped them win Williams Jennings trophy? Oh well, it will be entertaining to see how it all shakes out once all the wheeling and dealing is over.

The Pens' Phil Kessel took a lot of crap during the playoffs for being a stout guy but he's also a stand-up guy- he visited Toronto Children's Hospital with the Stanley Cup today!

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/07/18/penguins-kessel-visits-sick-kids-with-stanley-cup/

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/kesselcuphospital.jpg

• Like 3

Lightning only have 7 nationally televised games for the 16/17 season. I decided to get a 1/2 season ticket pack this year. I will be at 1 preseason game and 20 home games. unfortunately the package I have does not have any of the national TV games in it. However I will get to see some great match ups and 80% of my games are on the weekends :yay:

Go Bolts!!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Lightning only have 7 nationally televised games for the 16/17 season. I decided to get a 1/2 season ticket pack this year. I will be at 1 preseason game and 20 home games. unfortunately the package I have does not have any of the national TV games in it. However I will get to see some great match ups and 80% of my games are on the weekends :yay:

Go Bolts!!!

This shows how market driven televised sports are. It doesn't matter that the Bolts went to the finals two seasons ago and made it to the semis this past season, and have one of the most competitive teams in the league. Florida isn't considered a big hockey market so NBC only gives them seven games. Pittsburgh, Chicago, Philly, Rangers and the three west coast teams? Doesn't matter how good or bad those teams are doing -- load 'em up on the schedule.

• Like 1

And Jimmy Vesey goes to... :popcorn:

...the Rangers. Now that that's over, the Hawks should pursue Hudler. It would be a good fit, if he decides to take a pay-cut and forgets all the bad blood from the past. He's 32 but I'm certain he can still be a hard worker. Nobody seems to want him so why not go after him?

And Jimmy Vesey goes to... :popcorn:

...the Rangers. Now that that's over, the Hawks should pursue Hudler. It would be a good fit, if he decides to take a pay-cut and forgets all the bad blood from the past. He's 32 but I'm certain he can still be a hard worker. Nobody seems to want him so why not go after him?

Because he went to Dallas. :eyeroll: