Neil Peart - Most Overrated Drummer Ever

LedRush

Well, Neil Peart thinks YOU'RE OVERRATED

What does he know. After forty years, he still can't master the drums.

Have you listened to Rivendell, he is a master with the drums on that song

So much so you can't even hear him playing. That's a real art you know. Not every drummer can do that.

I can do it wth my eyes closed.

• Like 2

I know everyone's dicking around, but the funniest thing is that this would be a serious thread on a punk rock forum

Who do they think is the best drummer?

Tré Cool.

He probably is more versatile.

I know everyone's dicking around, but the funniest thing is that this would be a serious thread on a punk rock forum

Rat Scabies(The Damned)

Yes, proving that people who like punk are stupid.

• Like 1

I was one of those people who in the late 70s who use to file my Yes,Rush and ELP albums next to the Sex Pistols,Damned and Ramones.(and Village People).I was very stupid.
  • Like 1

Rat Scabies(The Damned)

phil collins told a story about running into him in the airport and scabies apparently whispered to collins that he was a big fan. can't damage that punk rock hipster cred

I love punk rock from 76/77 to the mid-80s, but I really do think punk fans as a whole are incredibly stupid. even the punk bands hated their audiences - read henry rollins' tour journal from the black flag years (the band he was in before he did I'M A LIARRR).

John Bonham was actually impressed by the power and speed of Scabies.Page and Plant actually went and saw them quite often although i can't see how old goldilocks could have disguised himself from the spikey brigade
  • Like 2

I have never once seen him do this...

Neil could scale back his drumkit too.This bloke really hast to work at it

'nuff said

That is impressive. Nice jackets too. Rush should dress so well.

John Bonham was actually impressed by the power and speed of Scabies.Page and Plant actually went and saw them quite often although i can't see how old goldilocks could have disguised himself from the spikey brigade

yeah, it talks about page listening to the damned a lot in hammer of the gods. it also mentions how he liked rush, too!

• Like 2

yeah, it talks about page listening to the damned a lot in hammer of the gods. it also mentions how he liked rush, too!

I'm patiently waiting for that book to arrive in the mail. Found it for a price within my budget. A penny plus $3.99 s/h.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I'm patiently waiting for that book to arrive in the mail. Found it for a price within my budget. A penny plus $3.99 s/h.

it's a fun read.

• Like 1

Definitely great, definitely overrated.

Not the best drummer of all-time, in rock or otherwise. Top 100.

One things I've really been focusing on recently is how drummers can emotionally compliment (I guess this is what people usually mean by "groove") a composition... Really love that, as I've grown older and listened to more and more music I've realized that it's both complexity and emotion that makes it great, gotta strike a balance.

Here's some examples of what I consider emotional drumming:

it's a fun read.

I read it before quite a few years ago. I never actually owned the book and wanted to get a copy for myself. And read it again.

• Like 1

Is anyone here capable of being objective enough to know who is genuinely the best rock drummer?

There is no such thing. "Best" is 100% subjective.

• Like 2

Is anyone here capable of being objective enough to know who is genuinely the best rock drummer?

everyone looks for different things in music. if all you want is a simple beat, frank beard from zz top might be the best drummer ever. it's all up to the listener

Then why do people argue about it if it's all subjective as to who is the best drummer?

everyone looks for different things in music. if all you want is a simple beat, frank beard from zz top might be the best drummer ever. it's all up to the listener

Then why do people argue about it if it's all subjective as to who is the best drummer?

people argue about favorite fast food restaurant, favorite type of dog, etc. people just like talking out of their asses, I think most people realize that most of what we say/think can't be proven.

• Like 1

Some folks like to argue and think their opinion is right.

• Like 1