Neil Peart - Most Overrated Drummer Ever

LedRush

I also find it funny that threads like these are almost always started by non-drummers.

Are you trying to say that non-drummers have little say about drumming and drumming techniques? I've played on a few kits. I think I know what it takes.

And as far as technical ability goes, I think there's a lot to be said for where the band might have gone with John Rutsey. Rutsey could at least do basic timing. Neil is sloppy.

Rutsey could have really grounded the band and made those freaky deaky 20 minute songs much more palatable.

• Like 3

I also find it funny that threads like these are almost always started by non-drummers.

Are you trying to say that non-drummers have little say about drumming and drumming techniques? I've played on a few kits. I think I know what it takes.

And as far as technical ability goes, I think there's a lot to be said for where the band might have gone with John Rutsey. Rutsey could at least do basic timing. Neil is sloppy.

Rutsey could have really grounded the band and made those freaky deaky 20 minute songs much more palatable.

Indeed...that man could grooooove.

Pa-rum-pum-pum-puummmm

Can your opinion be trusted? Take the quiz below to find out!

Do you:

• think The Police were over-rated as a band?

• have more than ten video game consoles hooked up and in working order?

• think that T4E is a 'great rock album'?

If you answered 'yes' to any/all of these questions, your opinion:

'can't be trusted' :(

Thanks for taking the quiz!

• Like 3

Do you:

I feel that this should be a litmus test for SCOTUS candidates. If anyone answers no to two of these questions, they should be ineligible.

• Like 1

Do you:

I feel that this should be a litmus test for SCOTUS candidates. If anyone answers no to two of these questions, they should be ineligible.

:o

the children

think of the children...

• Like 1

I think some well timed cowbell (like at the beginning of In The Mood) could have done Hemispheres and Xanadu some good.

• Like 2

Yep Neil is overrated.So is the whole band.Don't know why i got into them.
  • Like 1

Well, Neil Peart thinks YOU'RE OVERRATED

What does he know. After forty years, he still can't master the drums.

Have you listened to Rivendell, he is a master with the drums on that song

So much so you can't even hear him playing. That's a real art you know. Not every drummer can do that.

• Like 2