Still believe?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is The X Files still a viable Sci Fi vehicle

• Uhh yeah
    • Oh hell no
    • Scully then
    • Scully now
    • Scully anytime

Chris Carter and three other original X-Files writers are involved, Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are all in, and this will be a limited run series (only six eps, I believe?), so what could be bad?

Could go either way. Wasn't Carter involved in the first film (which was a disappointment)?

I'm not sure when those original writers and Carter stopped being involved with the show BUT I can say that at least half of the run I didn't like. The first few seasons were as good as tv entertainment gets though. So yeah, 50/50 on the 2016 show IMHO

Chris Carter and three other original X-Files writers are involved, Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are all in, and this will be a limited run series (only six eps, I believe?), so what could be bad?

Could go either way. Wasn't Carter involved in the first film (which was a disappointment)?

I'm not sure when those original writers and Carter stopped being involved with the show BUT I can say that at least half of the run I didn't like. The first few seasons were as good as tv entertainment gets though. So yeah, 50/50 on the 2016 show IMHO

The first movie was a big hit. It was set between season 5 and 6. The second movie didn't do that well, mainly because they deviated from the main alien mythology of the series. It was made after the series ended.

• Like 4

The first movie was a big hit. It was set between season 5 and 6. The second movie didn't do that well, mainly because they deviated from the main alien mythology of the series. It was made after the series ended.

I should've clarified: I was disappointed in the first film. I didn't see the second.

I should've clarified: I was disappointed in the first film. I didn't see the second.

Sorry to hear that. I thought it was very well done and it was a nice bridge between the two seasons. I don't think the show went downhill until David Duchovny left. I didnt watch much after that and it's not until recently that I've seen much of season 9 at all. It's just not the X-Files without him.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. I thought it was very well done and it was a nice bridge between the two seasons. I don't think the show went downhill until David Duchovny left. I didnt watch much after that and it's not until recently that I've seen much of season 9 at all. It's just not the X-Files without him.

I liked the first movie a lot. Have not seen the second one.

• Like 2

Here's a question. Who owns the rights to all the Old X Files TV shows?

Are they shown on ANY network? Or am I wrong about this?

Here's a question. Who owns the rights to all the Old X Files TV shows?

Are they shown on ANY network? Or am I wrong about this?

The whole series is on Netflix. They just remastered them all into HD. They look great. I believe Fox owns them. The revival is on Fox as well.

I thought it went downhill before Duchovny left. However, after he left it REALLY fell...so much so that I gave up watching entirely after a few episodes. So, in the Duchovny departure sense, I completely agree with you

• Like 2

Tried sitting through the second. Could not.
  • Like 1

Tried sitting through the second. Could not.

They made the mistake of not making the second movie a mythology movie. For most people the X-Files has to do with aliens. To deviate from that plus to break up Mulder and Scully was wrong.

• Like 2

I don't hate the second movie now, but at the time I was really disappointed with it. I hated the way the series ended and was thinking they'd make up for it. I thought it was going to be the last X-Files related thing and they'd go out with a bang. That didn't happen. :D

Stoked for the miniseries though! I'm being optimistic about it. I want to believe.

• Like 2

New posters

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/X-Files-1.jpg

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/X-Files-revival.jpg

• Like 2

Just for fun i watched the original pilot last nite. It was fun

I love the pilot. One of the best eps of the first season other than The Erlenmeyer Flask (season ender).

• Like 2

I love the pilot. One of the best eps of the first season other than The Erlenmeyer Flask (season ender).

It really is.

That episode had me hooked for years. Despite me not really liking the episode here and there..

• Like 2

Pilot episode is quite interesting. I like some old episodes too.

A reboot seems cool because the episodes are made according to the 90's style. People who grow up from 00's on will have opportunity to see X Files according to their own time. So, there are good news for the old and new fans. :)

• Like 3

Hey all, 1/2 preview today on fox . 430 est

It's been on Xfinity On Demand for about a week. Great preview. I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

Hey all, 1/2 preview today on fox . 430 est

It's been on Xfinity On Demand for about a week. Great preview. I highly recommend it.

Holy cow, should have checked

• Like 1