Art of Rush Book Auto versions more listed??

robertrobyn

Man these popped out of nowhere!! Thought these were sold out?? I just got the $99.00 version on Ebay for $69.00 and I have so many Rush autos!! Would I buy one of the autographed versions? NO!

Artist Proof

http://www.rushbacks...ists-proof.html

Regular

http://www.rushbacks...ed-edition.html

Edited by robertrobyn

Well ain't that a kick in the ass? I would've much rather gotten the slipcase version instead of the AP, but it's too late. I got #20 of 40. I saw that they still have more of the AP after it was not available for a moment the other day.
  • Like 2

Well ain't that a kick in the ass? I would've much rather gotten the slipcase version instead of the AP, but it's too late. I got #20 of 40. I saw that they still have more of the AP after it was not available for a moment the other day.

I think the artist's proof edition is pretty cool, and that's what I'd get between he two. Go big or go home. But I won't put myself in a position of walking into the living room and seeing my wife use it as a coaster.
  • Like 1

I would have been fine with the slipcase edition. It's basically identical except the stickers have different numbers on them as far I can tell. That said, I guess I can brag that I have a copy that was really meant for somebody like Dave Grohl or Jack Black.
  • Like 1

If I'm honest, I'd want the slipcase edition, mostly for Hugh's signature (though I have a few of his already) because it's his book as much as it it theirs.

But I'd more than settle for the standard edition. Still waiting for my music budget to recover a little more.

Most likely. I was just using them as a reference. They were probably originally intended for friends of the band and vip types. I’d reckon the first 10-20 of those went to the foos, the I love you men and jack black, the string section from CA perhaps, the band, the author/artist, etc.
  • Like 1

Never picked this up (Regular Edition). Haven't found it on sale yet

I've seen people say they picked up new ones for$69. It's not going to get much lower than that. They're still for sale on the Backstage Club for $99. I guess if you're looking to get a used copy you might be able to find one at a price you're comfortable shelling out.

I’m sure someone on ebay or amazon has them for less than the $99 price the band’s (really Livenation/Musictoday) website charges. EDIT—nope, this thing is scarce outside of musictoday. I didn’t see any anywhere, except 2 ebay listings for signed editions at way too high prices. Edited by HalfwayToGone

I’m sure someone on ebay or amazon has them for less than the $99 price the band’s (really Livenation/Musictoday) website charges. EDIT—nope, this thing is scarce outside of musictoday. I didn’t see any anywhere, except 2 ebay listings for signed editions at way too high prices.

Yeah, I saw those too (see my response to your other post). They aren't going to he had for lower than original price unless they are used. If people want to say a few bucks, they will have to wait until original buyers feel the need to let go.

Never picked this up (Regular Edition). Haven't found it on sale yet

I've seen people say they picked up new ones for$69. It's not going to get much lower than that. They're still for sale on the Backstage Club for $99. I guess if you're looking to get a used copy you might be able to find one at a price you're comfortable shelling out.

I think that might have been a sale price.

Musictoday has run some sales but I usually wait too long and the sale is over before I can make up my mind.