• Madrigal
    • Manhattan Project
    • Marathon
    • Middletown Dreams
    • Mystic Rhythms
    • Mission
    • (The) Main Monkey Buisness
    • Malignant Narcissism

Tough one between Mission and Manhattan Project. I will have to get back to this one... Edited by Narps

Marathon > Main Monkey Business > Middletown Dreams > Manhattan Project Mystic Rhythms > Mission > MalNar > Making Memories >>>>>> Madrigal

The ones that aren't Making Memories and Madrigal are all great.

It pains me not to vote Mission, but for a long time Marathon was my favourite Rush song.

But Mission is extra special Rush.

• Like 2

It pains me not to vote Mission, but for a long time Marathon was my favourite Rush song.

It is a great song. For the longest time it was my favorite off of HYF and one of the few I even knew off that album. Now I think Second Nature is better but not by much...
  • Like 1

It is a great song. For the longest time it was my favorite off of HYF and one of the few I even knew off that album. Now I think Second Nature is better but not by much...

I did vote Marathon, but it doesn't take away from just how great Mission is. I would place Second Nature and Open Secrets above it though.

HYF is such a special album.

I did vote Marathon, but it doesn't take away from just how great Mission is. I would place Second Nature and Open Secrets above it though.

Open Secrets is damn good too. If they had stopped at 8 tunes that album would be pretty close to flawless. I still wouldn't put it up there with my 70's loves because stylistically I just love those more and obviously I have a long great history with them. For what HYF is and in the era it was released (- the last 2) it doesn't get much better than that in my view...
  • Like 1

Open Secrets is damn good too. If they had stopped at 8 tunes that album would be pretty close to flawless. I still wouldn't put it up there with my 70's loves because stylistically I just love those more and obviously I have a long great history with them. For what HYF is and in the era it was released (- the last 2) it doesn't get much better than that in my view...

I understand your view, I love Tai Shan and High Water but they obviously are not the most favoured songs of that era.

Glad you love HYF! It is beautiful, but for the simple fact I like guitar heavy rock, AFTK remains a smidge above it.

Marathon, then Manhattan Project, and then Mission. Funny about PoW, I first noticed that when I listened to my iPod songs in alphabetical order. Highly recommend doing that... You notice weird stuff like that. Edited by graxxus