Worst original studio Rush song.

Rushman2112

Rivendell, hands down. Especially when compared to the far superior LoTR-inspired tune Ramble On. Tears and Madrigal aren't far behind. Rush and ballads do not mix.

:no:

Running dog revisionist!

• Like 1

"I Think I'm going bald" with "Dog Years" and "Speed of Love" tied for second worst.

Two out of three ain't bad... :)

Limelight and Fly By Night are two.

Others include:

Neurotica

You Bet Your Life

The Speed Of Love

Carve Away The Stone

That's pretty much everything.

Damn!

I must have blocked out Face Up and Superconductor. (Or as Scott Muni said more than once Semiconductor)

Now the short list is complete.

Limelight and Fly By Night are two.

Others include:

Neurotica

You Bet Your Life

The Speed Of Love

Carve Away The Stone

That's pretty much everything.

Damn!

I must have blocked out Face Up and Superconductor. (Or as Scott Muni said more than once Semiconductor)

Now the short list is complete.

By far, The Weapon for me.

I am guessing that you are kidding like Blue Barchetta was when he posted Xanadu. Especially the "by far" part... Edited by Narps

Face Up

Face Up is pretty mediocre for most of it, BUT I just love that slow down part.

"You get all squeezed up inside

like the days were carved in stone

you get all wired up inside

and it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride

and when you get out on your own

you get all smoothed out inside

and it's good to be alone"

I don't know if it does it for anyone else, but for me, the music and lyrics really captures the joy of being stressed, grabbing the keys, and just speeding off down a winding country road for awhile. The rest of the song is meh, but that back end of the song really kicks butt. :)

I dig it.
  • Like 2

You Bet Your Life

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I wasn't going to post anything either, DD. But have crowned the champion, here.

And why? What reason have I, to back up my choice?

It's just...insipid. It's an insipid Rush song.

I listened to this for the first time in ages yesterday and if it weren't for the cheesy backing vocals, I don't think it would be that bad. The bass line in the intro really captures my attention but it kinda goes downhill after that point...

Snakes and Arrows. Except Farcry. I consider the rest one terrible, terrible song.

Unbelievable. Snakes & Arrows is one of my favourite albums :( I want to be the S&A ambassador.

• Like 2

"Nobody's Hero" is pretty embarrassing.

I really don't understand how this could be name checked as the worst Rush song, nor do I get how it is embarrassing.

Lyrics. Worst rock song lead-in lyrics ever?

Sure, it's a goofy way to start a song, lyrically. But I'm sure some people would say the same thing about The Trees

It certainly grabs the attention of the listener!

You Bet Your Life

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I wasn't going to post anything either, DD. But have crowned the champion, here.

And why? What reason have I, to back up my choice?

It's just...insipid. It's an insipid Rush song.

I listened to this for the first time in ages yesterday and if it weren't for the cheesy backing vocals, I don't think it would be that bad. The bass line in the intro really captures my attention but it kinda goes downhill after that point...

I haven't listened to it for ages, either. :LOL:

Good on you for going back through to investigate it, though.

There are just many, many, many other Rush songs into which I would rather invest its four or five minutes.

I'm very fond of the Roll the Bones album- just not that song.

• Like 1

Snakes and Arrows. Except Farcry. I consider the rest one terrible, terrible song.

Unbelievable. Snakes & Arrows is one of my favourite albums :( I want to be the S&A ambassador.

I am pretty sure you can have it. Somebody probably stepped forward and took this one back when we were "battling" for our favorites but I am not sure who it is to be honest. You can always be a co-ambassador... :)
  • Like 1

I really don't understand how this could be name checked as the worst Rush song, nor do I get how it is embarrassing.

Sure, it's a goofy way to start a song, lyrically. But I'm sure some people would say the same thing about The Trees

But not in a good way...and not because of the subject matter. It lacks artistic nuance.

I am pretty sure you can have it. Somebody probably stepped forward and took this one back when we were "battling" for our favorites but I am not sure who it is to be honest. You can always be a co-ambassador... :)

That will do nicely, S&A is probably the only album I can listen to without skipping :D

That will do nicely, S&A is probably the only album I can listen to without skipping :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VW8uE-JvL-E/U4PAKYW1vKI/AAAAAAAAWdg/yGs8LkFOiCw/s1600/skip.gif

Probably the down tempo that makes it so difficult...

Edited by goose
  • Like 4

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VW8uE-JvL-E/U4PAKYW1vKI/AAAAAAAAWdg/yGs8LkFOiCw/s1600/skip.gif

Probably the down tempo that makes it so difficult...

:laughing guy: A very good1...
  • Like 1

But not in a good way...and not because of the subject matter. It lacks artistic nuance.

Not much different than Live's Lightning Crashes:

Lightning crashes a new mother cries/Her placenta falls to the floor

Both songs start rather bluntly.. zero nuance, and both are beautiful songs as well.

When has Neil ever start a song like this, before or since? Maybe never? Pretty ballsy way to start with both songs if you ask me. I don't think NH lyrics would work as well.. be as powerful.. with subtlety and nuance, IMO.

Edited by Look to Sirius
  • Like 2