budweiser and metallica

rugen

This is a real thing and not The Onion? You would think they could make enough money putting their name on something (anything) else after all those years of Alcoholica jokes. . .

It's real.

http://www.journaldequebec.com/2015/09/14/labatt-va-lancer-une-biere-bud-special-metallica

Metallica-branded cans of Budweiser will be made available starting September 28 in honor of the band’s two Quebec City shows taking place September 14 and 16, in which they help close the Colisée Pepsi (which was built in 1949) and help open the city’s brand new arena, Centre Vidéotron.

The Metalli-cans will come in cases of 15 and 24, with more than 91,000 cans made available to the public.

• Like 1

I find this really strange considering some of them have been in rehab, wouldn't think at this point in their lives that they would endorse something like that.

Whatever.

Bet you it was Lars and not James - I'm guesstimating.

• Like 2

This is a real thing and not The Onion? You would think they could make enough money putting their name on something (anything) else after all those years of Alcoholica jokes. . .

It's real.

http://www.journalde...ecial-metallica

Metallica-branded cans of Budweiser will be made available starting September 28 in honor of the band’s two Quebec City shows taking place September 14 and 16, in which they help close the Colisée Pepsi (which was built in 1949) and help open the city’s brand new arena, Centre Vidéotron.

The Metalli-cans will come in cases of 15 and 24, with more than 91,000 cans made available to the public.

Thanks so much for the info! That's why I hit the "like this" button, not because I like the idea of Metallica putting the name on tacky Budweiser cans :D It seems a little close to going down the Gene Simmons - KISS everything road to me :D

• Like 1

Bud is selling Bud Light cans with NFL team themes on them.

I saw the commercials recently.

I'm certain they will be fan regional based.

Good marketing plans whether you like Bud or not. I like Bud Light personally. Have a fridge full of Bud Light at this very moment.

I buy whats on sale. Bought Natural Light last time.

Edited by John V
  • Like 1

Bud is selling Bud Light cans with NFL team themes on them.

I saw the commercials recently.

I'm certain they will be fan regional based.

Good marketing plans whether you like Bud or not. I like Bud Light personally. Have a fridge full of Bud Light at this very moment.

I buy whats on sale. Bought Natural Light last time.

I saw that too, even rewound the commercial because I didn't see the Packers can... or the Bears, Cowboys or Vikings. I have to assume it's because of Miller's relationship with the Packers, formerly a locally owned WI brewer.

perfect combo

They both suck? I like some of Metallica's stuff, but I'm not a fanatic

the first 3 metallica albums beat everything rush has done since moving pictures

that's fine with me, but why a perfect combo? Bud is absolutely terrible, skunky beer.

perfect combo

the first 3 metallica albums beat everything rush has done since moving pictures

that's fine with me, but why a perfect combo? Bud is absolutely terrible, skunky beer.

I like all shitty beer as long as it's ice cold. 85 degrees out, sittin on the porch blaring ride the lightning...chug 5 or 6 icehouses and smoke a j. perfection.

• Like 1

perfect combo

I like all shitty beer as long as it's ice cold. 85 degrees out, sittin on the porch blaring ride the lightning...chug 5 or 6 icehouses and smoke a j. perfection.

Ah, ok. At this point for me, I rarely drink, so I would rather have 1 or 2 really good brews, or a glass of wine or something.

perfect combo

Ah, ok. At this point for me, I rarely drink, so I would rather have 1 or 2 really good brews, or a glass of wine or something.

that's understandable, you've got a family and responsibilities. our priorities are probably much different.

• Like 1

now that I think about it, last two times I've had budweiser I got a headache before I was even done drinking. maybe it does suck?

There is no maybe about it. ;)

I don't get headaches from Budweiser...but I do get horrible gas. :LOL:

• Like 1