Digital Dad

Restarted The Beatles marathon today after talking about the mono releases...they just sound amazing.http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID2082/images/beatlesmonoofficial.jpg

Are they completely mono or just reasonably L/R unlike the original mixes? :LOL:

Restarted The Beatles marathon today after talking about the mono releases...they just sound amazing.http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID2082/images/beatlesmonoofficial.jpg

Are they completely mono or just reasonably L/R unlike the original mixes? :LOL:

What you hear on the left side you hear on the right side. One speaker as oringinally intended.

My sister is a year older than I am.

We hatched a plan before Christmas when I was ten and she eleven.

I would ask for the "Blue" album (1967-1970) and she would ask for the "Red" album (1962-1966) and we would share them.

So, I think Father Christmas had been hitting the eggnog pretty hard and I ended up with the "Red" album and she ended up with the "Blue" album.

We're going to see Paul McCartney together next month and were making travel plans to meet there.

In the conversation she brought up the Christmas mix up.

Now, here's the weird thing.

I kind of prefer the earlier Beatles music and she kind of prefers the later stuff.

I am firmly convinced it is because of those albums...she agrees.

http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/2407/cover_58113082011_r.JPG http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/2407/cover_137113082011_r.JPG

The Red album was the first Beatles album I got after seeing Beatlemania at the Shubert Theatre. I listened to that thing incessantly.

Even now when I hear Love Me Do, I expect Please Please Me next , and so forth.

• Like 2

I will never "get used" to this bands music. Every time I come back to them, I swear it is like hearing it for the first time and it never, ever becomes boring. Fascinating, so many bands release complex music that become overly familiar after a week or two, but The Beatles most wrote jangly pop songs and experimental, but surprisingly accessible art rock. And it never gets old!

Not even a teensy bit.

All I can say about this band is they were magic.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 4

I will never "get used" to this bands music. Every time I come back to them, I swear it is like hearing it for the first time and it never, ever becomes boring. Fascinating, so many bands release complex music that become overly familiar after a week or two, but The Beatles most wrote jangly pop songs and experimental, but surprisingly accessible art rock. And it never gets old!

Not even a teensy bit.

All I can say about this band is they were magic.

I have the same experience, particularly with the earlier to mid-period stuff- say from A Hard Day's Night through Revolver.

• Like 2

Listened to the two BBC compilations yesterday and today (pun intended).

I couldn't agree more with ReRushed and Blue J who said in the "Albums You've Listened To Today" thread, "I wish they would have properly recorded so many of these songs. Lennon and Chuck Berry. McCartney and Little Richard. Matches made in rock and roll heaven!" and "I just listened to that (again) last night- second time in a few days..."

Some amazing gems here...it is almost like a rock and roll music history class.

I was struck with how many songs they've played and what inspired them to where they would eventually go.

Addictive listening for sure.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 1

Anyone getting bored of all this Beatles mania going on here?

Coz I most certainly am not!

• Like 3

I must resume my Beatles marathon.

I got distracted by, of all bands, Within Temptation (who I dearly love).

Picking up where I left off starts with Rubber Soul! Yay!

• Like 1