Another reason to support your local brewer

Lost In Xanadu

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2015/09/16/sabmiller-takeover-approach/32488403/

If Miller/Coors merges with Anheuser-Busch, I think I am done buying anything Miller. I buy Leinie's, but since Miller left Milwaukee, I have not been buying much of what they make.

This will be bad for beer. Even if you don't drink miller or bud products everyone is worse off with a merger here in the U.S. They can use pricing and buying power to put screws to other brands. Hopefully it won't be allowed.
  • Like 2

This will be bad for beer. Even if you don't drink miller or bud products everyone is worse off with a merger here in the U.S. They can use pricing and buying power to put screws to other brands. Hopefully it won't be allowed.

This.

Competition is good, and this deal kills a huge amount of competition.

We have plenty of micro brews here too but they are still a drop in bucket and big companies with big money can squeeze small ones out at stores. They can also buy the smaller brands and adjust the recipe.

We have plenty of micro brews here too but they are still a drop in bucket and big companies with big money can squeeze small ones out at stores. They can also buy the smaller brands and adjust the recipe.

That last part is the scariest.

Not to mention the macros waving a bunch of dough at a micro brewer, begging them to "join us". like AB/Inbev's attempt to buy out Dogfish Head. Fortunately Sam Calagione said "No."

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL MICROBREWER/BREWPUB!

Fortunately there are enough quality retailers that know better and will keep the better beer flowing. For the most part down here that's Total Wine. South FL would be a beer wasteland without them.