The Larger Bowl is my favorite Rush song because...

Rushman2112

Because the only other song I know is Half the World so I'll pick the one with lyrics that don't sound like they were written by a kindergartener.
  • Like 1

I love larger bowl. Not my favorite RUSH song. But all of Snakes is their best work hands down. My favorite RUSH song is a tie between Bravest Face and Armor and Sword. I love Faithless as well. And Malignant Narcissism....it's Malignant Narcissism!!! Edited by DistantEarlySignals

But all of Snakes is their best work hands down.

:o

It's a decent album; it's okay...and I like the high points of it very much indeed.

But I would save the kind of hyperbole you used for other things in their catalog.

• Like 2

It's a decent album; it's okay...and I like the high points of it very much indeed.

But I would save the kind of hyperbole you used for other things in their catalog.

Snakes is their best work hands down? :o

LABT, what do you have to say about that? :popcorn:

I'm speechless. And, when it comes to humanity, becoming faithless.

• Like 1

There's always hope!

There's always hope!

Well, at least it's short. And with no preachy lyrics it's a relative high point.

• Like 1

There's always hope!

Well, at least it's short. And with no preachy lyrics it's a relative high point.

I thought you were talking about Hope, the acoustic instrumental ditty. When I read 'no preachy lyrics', that was further reinforced.

Silly me! :LOL:

There's always hope!

I thought you were talking about Hope, the acoustic instrumental ditty. When I read 'no preachy lyrics', that was further reinforced.

I was talking about Hope since he mentioned Faithless. I thought I would show how with it I am by playing along. :cool:

• Like 1

Seriously I don' t understand why this song gets so much hate. It's not my favorite Rush song for sure but I quite like it. Lyrics hold some truth with unique pantoum(sp) style and some catchy melodies along with Alex's solo. In fact, it's one of my favorite S&A songs along with Far Cry, Armor and Sword and Good News First.(I know I know..This song gets as much hate as TLB)
  • Like 3

There's always hope!

Of course i was talking about the song....

Hope is in a 3 way tie for the best lyrics on Snakes.

• Like 1

Seriously I don' t understand why this song gets so much hate. It's not my favorite Rush song for sure but I quite like it. Lyrics hold some truth with unique pantoum(sp) style and some catchy melodies along with Alex's solo. In fact, it's one of my favorite S&A songs along with Far Cry, Armor and Sword and Good News First.(I know I know..This song gets as much hate as TLB)

And, by admitting her love for The Larger Bowl, we have today's winner of our Bravest Face contest! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tell her what she's won, Don...

Edited by goose

And, by admitting her love for The Larger Bowl, we have today's winner of our Bravest Face contest! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Miracle Ear?

• Like 2

Miracle Ear?

One of our great sponsors! Along with...

http://ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pACE3-15552045enh-z7.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

A good example of the pantoum is Carolyn Kizer’s “Parent’s Pantoum," the first three stanzas of which are excerpted here:

Where did these enormous children come from,

More ladylike than we have ever been?

Some of ours look older than we feel.

How did they appear in their long dresses

More ladylike than we have ever been?

But they moan about their aging more than we do,

In their fragile heels and long black dresses.

They say they admire our youthful spontaneity.

They moan about their aging more than we do,

A somber group--why don’t they brighten up?

Though they say they admire our youthful spontaneity

They beg us to be dignified like them

http://www.poets.org...ic-form-pantoum

Edited by goose