Jump to content


R40 DVD/Bluray in 2015 or 2016?


269 replies to this topic

#21 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:06 PM

:wub:

Sponsored Post

#22 ReGorLaTroy

ReGorLaTroy

    Modern Day Alice Cooper

  • Members *
  • 12494 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North of Dragontown

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:18 PM

It'll be out in time for Christmas.

I've already asked Father Christmas and Father Christmas never lets you down.

#23 Moose

Moose

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 40 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Interests:The 3 R's...Rush, Reading, and Relaxing.

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

View PostReGorLaTroy, on 14 September 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

It'll be out in time for Christmas.

I've already asked Father Christmas and Father Christmas never lets you down.
I always wondered who Ray Danniels' accountant was.

#24 Look to Sirius

Look to Sirius

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 168 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:05 PM

2015. Alex is never wrong. When something he predicted doesn't happen, it was the work of a saboteur and not Alex's fault. 😀

I'm thinking 2015 because Xmas. I think they'll work like dogs to get it out by the Christmas :rush:

#25 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

    The Seeker

  • Members *
  • 231 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southeastern Michigan
  • Interests:Family, music, sports, outdoors, photography and lots of other cool stuff I forgot to mention...

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:12 PM

Yep it'll be out in 2015...  Then be available re-mastered by the end of 2016 because they "rushed" it...

#26 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 867 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Music—listening and performing.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:57 AM

View PostBloodofTheZodiac, on 14 September 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

View PostHalfwayToGone, on 14 September 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

View PostBloodofTheZodiac, on 13 September 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

The heck with what I say. It's gonna be released on December 11th(Friday's are the new release day for music)
Except this is a video, and every single video release I can recall (including music-related ones) since I started paying attention in the '90s has been on a Tuesday.

It has recently changed to Friday's. Here's the link...

http://www.rollingst...se-day-20150226
That's music put out by record labels on CD/Vinyl/download, not movies and videos on DVD/BluRay.  Other media still release on Tuesdays, like the book Neil just put out (Tuesday 9/15/15 was the official release date).  Not that it really matters.  The date itself is the important missing bit of info, not which day of the week it will be.

Edited by HalfwayToGone, 16 September 2015 - 06:03 AM.


#27 madrushian

madrushian

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 334 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Rush and audio and computer

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:12 AM

Xmas would be nice so I can get a nice xmas gift for myself. If they wait till 2016 it better be a great package.

#28 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21751 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

View PostPressure/Hopenosis, on 15 September 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

Yep it'll be out in 2015...  Then be available re-mastered by the end of 2016 because they "rushed" it...

Wishful thinking that.

#29 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

    The Seeker

  • Members *
  • 231 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southeastern Michigan
  • Interests:Family, music, sports, outdoors, photography and lots of other cool stuff I forgot to mention...

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:18 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 16 September 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

View PostPressure/Hopenosis, on 15 September 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

Yep it'll be out in 2015...  Then be available re-mastered by the end of 2016 because they "rushed" it...

Wishful thinking that.
Remastered yet again in 2020 to improve the retirement plan???  ;)



Just give me something to be proud of and enjoy like the last R40 show I saw them play in Detroit...

Edited by Pressure/Hopenosis, 16 September 2015 - 06:20 PM.


#30 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21751 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostPressure/Hopenosis, on 16 September 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 16 September 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

View PostPressure/Hopenosis, on 15 September 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

Yep it'll be out in 2015...  Then be available re-mastered by the end of 2016 because they "rushed" it...

Wishful thinking that.
Remastered yet again in 2020 to improve the retirement plan???  ;)



Just give me something to be proud of and enjoy like the last R40 show I saw them play in Detroit...

Yeah I agree with you. We can certainly hope!  The show was awesome. I just hope they can do it justice.

#31 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

Well, even if it stinks, we have pretty great bootlegs thanks to self-less fans who periscoped or filmed shows.

Edited by Lorraine, 16 September 2015 - 07:35 PM.


#32 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:36 PM

Come to think of it, we ought to have a periscope reminiscing thread.  Who could forget Cactus Pete?  Or the one with the whirling dervish girlfriend (I can never remember their names - sorry) who whirled one too many dervishes?

Edited by Lorraine, 16 September 2015 - 07:38 PM.


#33 dtpoet

dtpoet

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1003 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:25 PM

Bob - lol

#34 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21751 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:43 PM

View PostLorraine, on 16 September 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

Well, even if it stinks, we have pretty great bootlegs thanks to self-less fans who periscoped or filmed shows.

Well the periscopes are all gone but the videos I agree. It would still be nice to have an official release and especially if they put some good extras on it. I'm almost looking forward to the extras more than the DVD/blu-ray.

#35 TexMike

TexMike

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Austin, TX
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:02 AM

We could set up a watch thread on release day, designate a time to meet in it, everyone pops in their disc and hits PLAY at the same time.  Voila, just like periscope.  :lol:

#36 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

View PostTexMike, on 17 September 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

We could set up a watch thread on release day, designate a time to meet in it, everyone pops in their disc and hits PLAY at the same time.  Voila, just like periscope.  :lol:

I think that's a wonderful idea.  Honestly.

Would anyone else like to do this?

#37 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:20 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 16 September 2015 - 10:43 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 16 September 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

Well, even if it stinks, we have pretty great bootlegs thanks to self-less fans who periscoped or filmed shows.

Well the periscopes are all gone but the videos I agree. It would still be nice to have an official release and especially if they put some good extras on it. I'm almost looking forward to the extras more than the DVD/blu-ray.

I am too.  I think they will include some extra good stuff for us.  :)  Maybe even a surprise or two.

#38 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21751 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostLorraine, on 17 September 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 16 September 2015 - 10:43 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 16 September 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

Well, even if it stinks, we have pretty great bootlegs thanks to self-less fans who periscoped or filmed shows.

Well the periscopes are all gone but the videos I agree. It would still be nice to have an official release and especially if they put some good extras on it. I'm almost looking forward to the extras more than the DVD/blu-ray.

I am too.  I think they will include some extra good stuff for us.  :)  Maybe even a surprise or two.

I'm hoping they at least put in as much effort as Snakes & Arrows. That one had some cool stuff on it.

#39 TexMike

TexMike

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Austin, TX
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:20 PM

View PostLorraine, on 17 September 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

View PostTexMike, on 17 September 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

We could set up a watch thread on release day, designate a time to meet in it, everyone pops in their disc and hits PLAY at the same time.  Voila, just like periscope.  :lol:

I think that's a wonderful idea.  Honestly.

Would anyone else like to do this?
I think it would be fun, but with people being in different time zones, deciding on a time that works for everyone might be difficult.  Nobody's who sleeping will want to wake up just to watch their DVD.  :lol:

#40 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1806 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostTexMike, on 17 September 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

We could set up a watch thread on release day, designate a time to meet in it, everyone pops in their disc and hits PLAY at the same time.  Voila, just like periscope.  :lol:
I like that idea!



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users