R40 DVD/Bluray in 2015 or 2016?

BloodofTheZodiac

I think it's safe to say that unless an announcement is made in the next 2 weeks, that the release won't be until 2016, which I'm totally fine with if the product, editing, packaging is superb.

I think with the Time Machine release, it was announced in July that it would come out in late September, and got pushed back to Novmber. Clockwork Angels came out on the correct date that was originally announced. I believe it was announced in September that it would come out November 19th, which it did.

This is a bigger release though, and it's also 99.8% guaranteed to be their last live release of something recent(maybe one day we'll get Hemispheres and Permanent Waves era stuff). Add the fan documentary aspect to it, and I'm sure they will want to take their time making it the best they possibly can.

Take into account the manufacturing of the packaging, the distribution and marketing, the advertising, etc...and I don't think it will be released by Christmas. Usually if something get's released in December, it's within the first 2 weeks.

Also...2016 makes sense, just for the sake of having a Rush release in the bands 42nd year after the first release. A limited number of Steelbook editions like Beyond The Lighted Stage would be cool too.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by BloodofTheZodiac

I think it's safe to say that unless an announcement is made in the next 2 weeks, that the release won't be until 2016, which I'm totally fine with if the product, editing, packaging is superb.

I think with the Time Machine release, it was announced in July that it would come out in late September, and got pushed back to Novmber. Clockwork Angels came out on the correct date that was originally announced. I believe it was announced in September that it would come out November 19th, which it did.

This is a bigger release though, and it's also 99.8% guaranteed to be their last live release. Add the fan documentary aspect to it, and I'm sure they will want to take their time making it the best they possibly can.

Take into account the manufacturing of the packaging, the distribution and marketing, the advertising, etc...and I don't think it will be released by Christmas. Usually if something get's released in December, it's within the first 2 weeks.

Also...2016 makes sense, just for the sake of having a Rush release in the bands 42nd year after the first release. A limited number of Steelbook editions like Beyond The Lighted Stage would be cool too.

Just my 2 cents

Alex said probably before Christmas, and i think they will do all their best to achieve that, so we can have many Christmas gifts to give. I'll bet with you 1 :rose:.

• Like 2

Alex has said a lot of stuff that hasn't come to fruition. I'm sure he said that because the last 2 have been released in November, so he assumes the same will happen again. Time Machine was shot April 15th and released within the first 2 weeks of November. So that's 7 months after filming. They have 2 less months to work with on this one, and 1 month less IF it get's released in December. It's very doable, but I just don't think it will happen. I'd love to be wrong though. I just like knowing I have another live release to look forward to. Unlike other people, I prefer the video over the cd. I watch the live releases quite often, as well as other bands too. I just hope(we all do), that there's no ADD editing, and shots that are too artsy. Keep it simple and do what the fans want. Long panning shots of the entire production(band, screens and lights) and close ups of the solos, and proper fan noise. And of course proper mixing and overall audio. Before we know it, the damn thing will be 10 years old. Edited by BloodofTheZodiac

I wouldn't narrow it down to the next two weeks. Why would you do that?

Because late September was when they announced the last 2 for a November release. They can still announce in the first 2 weeks of October that it will be released in December, but I think that's not very likely. When a band announces a new albums release date, it's usually 3 or 4 months ahead of time. At least with the metal bands I listen to anyways.

I know they aren't a metal band and they don't need as much hype about it, and it's probably different for a DVD/Bluray release. But like I've already stated, this is a much anticipated release. The heck with what I say. It's gonna be released on December 11th(Friday's are the new release day for music)

Edited by BloodofTheZodiac

I wouldn't narrow it down to the next two weeks. Why would you do that?

Because late September was when they announced the last 2 for a November release. They can still announce in the first 2 weeks of October that it will be released in December, but I think that's not very likely. When a band announces a new albums release date, it's usually 3 or 4 months ahead of time. At least with the metal bands I listen to anyways.

I know they aren't a metal band and they don't need as much hype about it, and it's probably different for a DVD/Bluray release. But like I've already stated, this is a much anticipated release. The heck with what I say. It's gonna be released on December 11th(Friday's are the new release day for music)

Personally I don't really care if they release it before Christmas or before next summer, as long as it's done well. I'm hoping they do the show justice on the DVD. The last one in particular was pretty poorly done.

I think January 1, 2016 would be the perfect day for it to hit the shelves... ;)

Then it would argued whether it was really a 2015 or 2016 DVD. :LOL:

• Like 5

I think January 1, 2016 would be the perfect day for it to hit the shelves... ;)

Then it would argued whether it was really a 2015 or 2016 DVD. :LOL:

Yep.... :LOL:
  • Like 2

The heck with what I say. It's gonna be released on December 11th(Friday's are the new release day for music)

Except this is a video, and every single video release I can recall (including music-related ones) since I started paying attention in the '90s has been on a Tuesday.

It'll be nice to eventually have an official product, but I'm honestly not that concerned with when it comes out. There are SO many good videos of this tour already on YT, many of which I'll probably be revisiting to "live it all again" just as often as what Rush finally releases.

The Tapehead Too jobs are all phenomenally done. I also *really* like this one that somebody did as one wide static shot of the stage. The lighting is all captured perfectly here. I saw the show 4 times in person, but never facing straight on like this, so I feel like I actually missed quite a bit. From this perspective, the lasers in Cygnus and YYZ make you feel like you're inside a video game!

If Rush released Toronto in this same fashion, but in sharper 1080p and with better dynamically mixed sound and occasional close-ups for solos, I'd be thrilled. So much care was obviously given to the overall presentation of this show that it deserves to be seen in full and long enough to absorb. More likely though, we'll be treated to 50 angles per minute again. Hopefully they at least preserve Neil's drum sound correctly this time. That detracted from my enjoyment of the last tour video as much as the overediting did.

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 1

The heck with what I say. It's gonna be released on December 11th(Friday's are the new release day for music)

Except this is a video, and every single video release I can recall (including music-related ones) since I started paying attention in the '90s has been on a Tuesday.

It has recently changed to Friday's. Here's the link...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/music-industry-sets-friday-as-new-global-release-day-20150226

This is a bigger release though, and it's also 99.8% guaranteed to be their last live release. Add the fan documentary aspect to it, and I'm sure they will want to take their time making it the best they possibly can.

Just my 2 cents

Alex said probably before Christmas, and i think they will do all their best to achieve that, so we can have many Christmas gifts to give. I'll bet with you 1 :rose:.

I have at least 5 in my Xmass list....better hurry up Rush!

It will be this year. The show was filmed in Toronto in June, they have been working on it since then.

It'll be out in time for Christmas.

I've already asked Father Christmas and Father Christmas never lets you down.

I always wondered who Ray Danniels' accountant was.