Classical music?

Chronos

I grrew up in a household with classical playing quite alot because that is my father's favorite music. I am partial to baroque, so I like Bach, Vivaldi, Handel, and also Mozart and Beethoven.

How could anyone not like those five, really? Just magnificent music...

My son and I are learning to play piano together, and I so look forward to playing some of their easier pieces.

• Like 2

...Bach, Vivaldi, Handel, and also Mozart and Beethoven.

... I so look forward to playing some of their easier pieces.

Good luck, finding those easy pieces. :LOL:

• Like 2

Für Elise, I'm thinking! Slowly.... :coy:

ETA: Or maybe Traumerei...?

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

I grew up with a lot of classical but also opera. My mom was on the guild of the local opera company and I used to help paint sets now and then.
  • Like 3

Huh, these aren't easy at all. For a beginner it's hard work to play them accurately. Can take years.

Huh, these aren't easy at all. For a beginner it's hard work to play them accurately. Can take years.

I'm a quick study. Plus...I don't have to play the whole thing...just a recognizable facsimile.

Eine Kleine Nachtmusik is within reach, as well.

• Like 1

I'm a quick study. Plus...I don't have to play the whole thing...just a recognizable facsimile.

Videos or it never happened. :cool:

Wow great stuff. Never expected that you like Klassik.

Videos or it never happened. :cool:

Wow great stuff. Never expected that you like Klassik.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK23BhEQVyU

How can any human not be moved by this? At 2:16...when the bassoon comes in... My Lord, that's powerful stuff.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Isn't Tales From Topographic Oceans considered to be classical music ? It should be :sundog:

http://youtu.be/_rwNe2QXwrU

I imagine it would translate to orchestra beautifully!

• Like 1

Isn't Tales From Topographic Oceans considered to be classical music ? It should be :sundog:

http://youtu.be/_rwNe2QXwrU

I imagine it would translate to orchestra beautifully!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW2Vt5Uxf6U&list=PLlVFYRL_Th1BmYCdvmZ6TaTzhy_H-V1sf

Yes, blended with orchestra.

Edited by goose

To paraphrase Zappa: The good music has already been written by the dead guys in powdered wigs.

Beethoven reveals himself, Mozart reveals the world and Bach reveals the universe. Bach is the master...the fugues, the solo violin works and the Brandenburg Concertos (and subsequent variations), to mention but a few are amazing works of melody, improvisation and manipulation of intervals. The pinnacle.

• Like 4

To paraphrase Zappa: The good music has already been written by the dead guys in powdered wigs.

Beethoven reveals himself, Mozart reveals the world and Bach reveals the universe. Bach is the master...the fugues, the solo violin works and the Brandenburg Concertos (and subsequent variations), to mention but a few are amazing works of melody, improvisation and manipulation of intervals. The pinnacle.

:goodone:

Yes - totally like classical music and opera. Probably have 300 - 400 albums of classical music and opera.

Grew up listening to it as mom had it on all the time and when I visit my folks they still have it on a lot so I get to listen to it when ever I visit them (which is most weekends).

In fact, I am even open to going beyond classical western music (which is all we have talked about here) and have picked up a couple of CD's of classical Chinese, Japanese and middle eastern / north African music. Interesting stuff - might try even more of it. Plus I have several CD's of Gregorian Choral music and other music from the middle age. Again, interesting stuff and will probably pick up more of it in the future.

So yes - big time like classical.

Edited by TheAccountant
  • Like 2

Well I finally got around to acquiring the Mercury Living Presence Vol 1 box set & I must say that it is a treasure trove of beautiful music. Thus far the best disc is a collection of music from the American Civil War, none of which I have ever heard. That disc alone was worth the purchase. I thoroughly recommend this set & I will but Vols 2 & 3 with alacrity. Edited by Turbine Freight