Nice to see Neil...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Thunder Bay Rush

Thunder Bay Rush

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1196 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush, Rush, drums, living off-grid, fishing, hunting, cooking, gardening, raising and growing my own food! Farting in crowded elevators... silent or otherwise.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:00 AM

I saw the Youtube shots of the end of the final show in LA. Neil, very uncharacteristically came out to take a bow with the boys, much to their surprise, I am sure.  NICE to see!!

In Ottawa, 1977, Neil thanked the crowd (using Geddy's mic) after coming back for the encore.  That's the only time I've seen that in 28 shows since 1976.

Sponsored Post

#2 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14365 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:49 AM

View PostThunder Bay Rush, on 12 September 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

I saw the Youtube shots of the end of the final show in LA. Neil, very uncharacteristically came out to take a bow with the boys, much to their surprise, I am sure.  NICE to see!!

In Ottawa, 1977, Neil thanked the crowd (using Geddy's mic) after coming back for the encore.  That's the only time I've seen that in 28 shows since 1976.
He emerges from the wild...nice to hear from you! It was cool to see, sad that it's over in terms of touring.

#3 Empty Mindless Spectre

Empty Mindless Spectre

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, Fishing, Hockey, Fantasy Football

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:14 PM

I understand how you feel… it was a momentous occasion to be sure. But I don't think it was necessarily nice to see, because it had such an air of finality to it. We have, at the very least, seen the end of Rush touring. We have quite possibly seen the end of Rush playing live in any capacity, and maybe even the end of Rush altogether. I'm not ashamed to say that tears were streaming down my cheeks once he started taking pictures. :|

#4 MMCXII

MMCXII

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6189 posts
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:14 PM

I saw Neil come front and center after a show to fire shirts out of a gun to the audience.. I know it sounds like I'm joking but I'm not lol

#5 hcm

hcm

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostMMCXII, on 14 September 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

I saw Neil come front and center after a show to fire shirts out of a gun to the audience.. I know it sounds like I'm joking but I'm not lol

He has done that for many of the live shows I've seen in recent years.

#6 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3885 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:58 PM

View PostMMCXII, on 14 September 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

And I'm still not sure which of those I find more unbelievable having watched both.

#7 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:58 PM

This video is fun....it's of Neil explaining his drums and he is looking into the camera. So it looks like he is looking at you. Now, pretend that you are Carrie and this is your first date with him :lol: :laughing guy:

#8 gypsy muse

gypsy muse

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:hiking, art, making stuff, reading, antique shopping

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:03 PM

View PostEmpty Mindless Spectre, on 12 September 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

I understand how you feel… it was a momentous occasion to be sure. But I don't think it was necessarily nice to see, because it had such an air of finality to it. We have, at the very least, seen the end of Rush touring. We have quite possibly seen the end of Rush playing live in any capacity, and maybe even the end of Rush altogether. I'm not ashamed to say that tears were streaming down my cheeks once he started taking pictures. :|
yes, It made me sad too. I felt the vibe & that was only my 4th concert.

#9 gypsy muse

gypsy muse

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:hiking, art, making stuff, reading, antique shopping

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:04 PM

View PostXanadu, on 29 September 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

This video is fun....it's of Neil explaining his drums and he is looking into the camera. So it looks like he is looking at you. Now, pretend that you are Carrie and this is your first date with him :lol: :laughing guy:

no, but for Geddy...!

#10 Geddy's Soul Patch

Geddy's Soul Patch

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3835 posts
  • Interests:Music, Literature, Film, Star Trek, Time Travel, Going way, way, way back in time, Hobbiton, Making the joke seriously, Machines Can Love, Harvesting the Lumnian Fields

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:34 PM

It would be nice to see Neil vomit on a quadrapalegic

#11 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3885 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:05 PM

I've seen this before.

I love to listen to him talk as much as I enjoy listening to him play or reading his words.

#12 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21751 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:24 PM

View Postytserush, on 01 October 2015 - 07:05 PM, said:

I've seen this before.

I love to listen to him talk as much as I enjoy listening to him play or reading his words.

This is a good one I agree. Another good one is A Work in Progress from the 90's where he explains his drum work. I love the segments recorded out in the woods.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users