Article where Neil talks about his R40 drum solo

43 replies to this topic

#41 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:10 AM

I wish I had the knowledge of drums and percussion to fully appreciate what Neil was expressing in the solo. It sounds cool, but I don't "feel" it the way he does.

Sponsored Post

#42 Planet X-1

Planet X-1

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:32 AM

Neil should look on the bright side:  he won`t have worry about being dissed or having to comment on his drum solos ever again.  :D

#43 Geddy's Soul Patch

Geddy's Soul Patch

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3835 posts
  • Interests:Music, Literature, Film, Star Trek, Time Travel, Going way, way, way back in time, Hobbiton, Making the joke seriously, Machines Can Love, Harvesting the Lumnian Fields

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostXanadu, on 27 October 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

I wish I had the knowledge of drums and percussion to fully appreciate what Neil was expressing in the solo. It sounds cool, but I don't "feel" it the way he does.
Well, that doesn't have anything to do with being a drummer really. Anyone can have an emotional reaction to anything

#44 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5896 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:02 PM

I don't really know why I find a lot of Peart's solos kind of cool, and a lot of other guys' solos kind of boring.  I do sense there's something more imaginative and not just chopsy about his solos.

Having said that, he could use an editor - his solos were getting so long that I was zoning out.  Maybe 15 seconds of the waltz time thing instead of 4 minutes or whatever it was . . . . and Binary Love Theme?  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Sorry Neil.

Edit:  Thompson and Collins are obvious contenders.

Edited by toymaker, 28 October 2015 - 12:03 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users