Tim Tebow is Available

JohnRogers

He needs to change positions. Tight end or fullback possibly. Or both. And he can be a team's third string QB on top of that. He could be a holder as well. He's a player, he's just not an NFL starting quarterback. I would like him on my team if he was just more malleable.

If I need brain surgery (and I probably do), I wouldn't hire a podiatrist or dentist no matter how damn nice they seem.

The guy can play ball. There's a saying, "he's a football player!" There's a place on any team for a guy like that.

Going back to even a few years ago, my statements were always about him as a QB in the NFL and Gator QBs historically not being successful in the NFL. I never commented on anything otherwise.

He needs to change positions. Tight end or fullback possibly. Or both. And he can be a team's third string QB on top of that. He could be a holder as well. He's a player, he's just not an NFL starting quarterback. I would like him on my team if he was just more malleable.

If I need brain surgery (and I probably do), I wouldn't hire a podiatrist or dentist no matter how damn nice they seem.

The guy can play ball. There's a saying, "he's a football player!" There's a place on any team for a guy like that.

Going back to even a few years ago, my statements were always about him as a QB in the NFL and Gator QBs historically not being successful in the NFL. I never commented on anything otherwise.

Never said you did.

Never said you did.

Ok.

I just don't see the fascination that many have with him. If he's SUPPOSED TO BE this great quarterback then he wouldn't need to be moved to another position and relegated to an emergency 3rd string QB position.

I feel like, for many fans, he's the nice boy down the street they know that ALMOST becomes the superstar but they refuse to give up on the idea (despite his inability) BECAUSE he's a nice boy.

I get what you're saying though.

• Like 1

Never said you did.

Ok.

I just don't see the fascination that many have with him. If he's SUPPOSED TO BE this great quarterback then he wouldn't need to be moved to another position and relegated to an emergency 3rd string QB position.

I feel like, for many fans, he's the nice boy down the street they know that ALMOST becomes the superstar but they refuse to give up on the idea (despite his inability) BECAUSE he's a nice boy.

I'm confused about his fans. I know people that are always going on about him being such a "team player." I find him to be anything but. He puts on a show but always manages to get all the attention on him through the tebowing and the fake "it's my responsibility" speech he gave at Florida when they didn't win. The nfl has many Christians who realize their religion is a personal choice that doesn't need to be shoved down everyone throats constantly. Not Tim. He won't shut up about it and, again, manages to get all the attention on him. He's built this cult of winning and excellence on a foundation of average.

• Like 2

Never said you did.

Ok.

I'm confused about his fans. I know people that are always going on about him being such a "team player." I find him to be anything but. He puts on a show but always manages to get all the attention on him through the tebowing and the fake "it's my responsibility" speech he gave at Florida when they didn't win. The nfl has many Christians who realize their religion is a personal choice that doesn't need to be shoved down everyone throats constantly. Not Tim. He won't shut up about it and, again, manages to get all the attention on him. He's built this cult of winning and excellence on a foundation of average.

I couldn't agree more especially with the "it's my responsibility" bit and your last sentence.

Never said you did.

Ok.

This is pretty much what I meant with the "pride" comment. He's seems a bit too prideful for being so "Christian".

Not no more he ain't!

http://ytimg.googleusercontent.com/vi/cTwCrgSpLFs/hqdefault.jpg

Gator fans I know in my hometown (J-ville) still won't stop going on about how great a player he is. How's that even possible?!

It's inarguable that he was a great college player.

• Like 1

Not no more he ain't!

Gator fans I know in my hometown (J-ville) still won't stop going on about how great a player he is. How's that even possible?!

That was the one thing I never argued. If you go back in this thread, you'll find what I was on about. And NOW, I'm talking about how folks I know are still sucking his rod and droning on about how great a player he IS.

• Like 1

I watched some CFL this week.

Tebow would be a star up there. The QB's I saw, were total trash.

I know dude has too big an ego to go to Canada...but surprised that has not happened.

Of course, the same can probably be said for a number of great college QB's

Not no more he ain't!

So was Johnny

• Like 3

Not no more he ain't!

So was Johnny

:LOL:

I know dude has too big an ego to go to Canada...but surprised that has not happened.

Being a football hero in Canada? I can think of worse things to be. The CFL could help him work on his game.

• Like 3

Being a football hero in Canada? I can think of worse things to be. The CFL could help him work on his game.

Doug Flutie. I liked him.

• Like 2

I always thought Tebow got a bad wrap. He was a servicable backup. A guy that could come in in a pinch and not make serious mistakes. One part Alex Smith, one part Teddy Bridgewater... no lightning, just spark.

Not where I'm from. He was always thought of as the second coming.

I always thought Tebow got a bad wrap. He was a servicable backup. A guy that could come in in a pinch and not make serious mistakes. One part Alex Smith, one part Teddy Bridgewater... no lightning, just spark.

Not where I'm from. He was always thought of as the second coming.

That's all over Florida. What coach, GM, etc wants to create that kind of distraction because of a backup? Everywhere he goes a faction of fans with their heads in the sand pop up and constantly whine about Tim being named the starter. Then Tim does some things in the press to fan those flames a bit and it builds until the coach gets asked about Tim in every interview. It's not worth it and that's why there is no interest.

What's funny is while Tebow does not get credit for leading the Broncos to a 7-1 record AS a starter...

they were winning because of defense.

But when Peyton Manning has a 7-2 record, HE gets the credit, when in reality THEY were winning because of defense.

I think Tebow has become Nickelback. It's more acceptable to knock him down and the Tebow lovers will always have his back and whine he should have gotten more chances, but in reality, he's a college QB who should be in the CFL or no football at all.

Look up Akili Smith from way back ...Same type of player..similar failures..

• Like 2

What's funny is while Tebow does not get credit for leading the Broncos to a 7-1 record AS a starter...

they were winning because of defense.

But when Peyton Manning has a 7-2 record, HE gets the credit, when in reality THEY were winning because of defense.

Nearly everyone recognizes that defense won that Super Bowl. Decades from now those who know the game will mention that detail.

Had Tewbow been Manning's back up the results likely would have been the same for the season.

Having been a Bengals fan all my life, I am all-too familiar with what you're talking about.

I also think that Tebow would be a great fit as a backup for an NFL team. I'm not sure which one. :huh: But I think he's a quality player.

• Like 1

One of the biggest busts of all time since he never had any business getting drafted in the first place. I'm not a fan, never have been.

you think he's a big bust... have you seen his girlfriend?

If his pledge to chastity carry any weight, he has not really seen his girlfriend either.

Having been a Bengals fan all my life, I am all-too familiar with what you're talking about.

I also think that Tebow would be a great fit as a backup for an NFL team. I'm not sure which one. :huh: But I think he's a quality player.

Tebow would be excellent in certain packages, such as for 2 pt conversions. He's not gonna bring you back from a 10 pt or greater deficit, though.

ESPN is reporting that Tim has been working on his baseball "skills" and will have a workout soon to showcase his "talents" to any scouts interested. He's 29 and hasn't played baseball since junior year of high school.